2016-2017 APPIC Internship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard from University of Michigan??
Still no word from them for me either. I'm debating calling to ask when they might be sending out notifications late this afternoon if it seems no one has heard from them at that point.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it a common occurrence for sites to NOT notify an interview or a rejection? I have been waiting on a site to notify but, after checking the thread, see that interview notifications went out on 12/5 but no rejection notification was listed.

University of Houston CAPS
Invite
12/15 (6:07 PM EST)
Mass email
Interview dates (skype, phone or in person): Dec 21, 22, Jan 2-13; select time through genbook

Duke University CAPS
Rejection
12/15 (9:17 PM EST)
Mass Email

Members don't see this ad :)
VA Caribbean Healthcare System
Invite
Mass Email (12/16)
Interview dates: 1/4, 1/5, 1/12, 1/13, 1/19, 1/20

Is anyone interviewing at Boston Children's on 1/19, 1/20, or 1/23 and willing to switch with me on 1/13?

Thank you!!!!

Hi! I hope everyone is hanging in somewhat ok. I'm wondering if anyone is interviewing at Momentous on the 25th and would be willing to switch with me for the 11th? The 11th as well as the other dates conflict with other interviews with me. I would be so appreciative if you're willing. Momentous wants me to contact them by the end of the day, so if you're willing please message me this morning/afternoon. Thanks so much.

Did anyone hear either way from Sharp Healthcare in San Diego? Their notification date was 12/15 and I even made my wife stay up late refreshing my email for me but nothing came!! Ughhhhhh

Isn't it today? I'm not sure where I got that info, but I have it written down as 12/16 as their notification day.

Has anyone heard from the American University Counseling Center? I am assuming I will be getting a rejection but their notification date was yesterday and I didn't get anything. Thanks!

Has anyone heard from the American University Counseling Center? I am assuming I will be getting a rejection but their notification date was yesterday and I didn't get anything. Thanks!

Same here.... Waiting patiently

Welp, just sent a few of these out...

My name is Mike Tyson and I applied for the APA doctoral internship program. I am contacting you to inquire about the status of my application as the deadline for notification was yesterday.

Am I still under consideration?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UNC Charlotte Counseling Center
Rejection
12/16
Personal Email

Did anyone hear either way from Sharp Healthcare in San Diego? Their notification date was 12/15 and I even made my wife stay up late refreshing my email for me but nothing came!! Ughhhhhh
Nothing here! It's one of my favorites!

Isn't it today? I'm not sure where I got that info, but I have it written down as 12/16 as their notification day.
On my obsessive spread sheet I created, I also have today's date listed :)

Reactions: 3 users
Advocate Illinois Masonic
Rejection
Mass
12/16

Finally

These Advocates are really dragging out the rejections geesh I'm still waiting on Advocate Family

Advocate family called me offering an interview earlier in the week and I called back an hour later and they were like, nope they're full now, bye

Advocate family called me offering an interview earlier in the week and I called back an hour later and they were like, nope they're full now, bye
Holy crap! That's an intense system.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a letter in the mail from Norwich confirming that they received my application and were now reviewing applications and would be in touch regarding interview status. I was confused for a moment. Well, that was awkward... o_O:(

Wait...so they offer you an interview and then they're like

g1333397188557621642.jpg

Is there a separate forum for switching interview dates with other applicants? It's difficult to do that in this one because there are a lot of other things being posted as well.

Is it a common occurrence for sites to NOT notify an interview or a rejection? I have been waiting on a site to notify but, after checking the thread, see that interview notifications went out on 12/5 but no rejection notification was listed.
I think some wait to make sure they have enough people scheduled to interview before they reject. Someone posted a few days ago that sites are required to provide some feedback as to your status (i.e., to invite or reject) this year, but I don't have a citation for that. (Although all of my sites did reject or invite.)

Nicklaus Children's Hospital
12/16
Invite
Mass email
Interview dates: 1/9 and 1/10

Is there a separate forum for switching interview dates with other applicants? It's difficult to do that in this one because there are a lot of other things being posted as well.
There isn't but someone could start one.

Last edited:
American University Counseling Center
Rejection
Mass Email 12/16 11:43am EST
Expected, since they sent interviews out a few weeks ago.

Faulk Center for Counseling
Rejection
12/16
Mass E-mail

Last edited:
California Pacific Medical Center
Rejection, 12/16, mass email
Womens Mental Health & Health Psych Tracks

Officially heard back from all my sites. Dobby is free!!!

Exactly what happened but less funny

Man, that hurts--I'm sorry. Though maybe it gives you some insight into the type of site they would have been to work for if they're that harsh about interview slots :confused:

Western Carolina University Counseling Center
Invite via personalized mass email on 12/16
Skype interviews 1/3-1/5

So I'm STILL waiting on College Park and Howard. I'm expecting a rejection from College Park (possibly like in the 2nd round of rejections), but really??
How long should I wait before sending an e-mail?

North Bronx Healthcare Network-Jacobi Medical Center
Invite
Mass email @1pm EST 12/16
Interview dates: 1/5 and 1/12

So I'm STILL waiting on College Park and Howard. I'm expecting a rejection from College Park (possibly like in the 2nd round of rejections), but really??
How long should I wait before sending an e-mail?

I'm trying to decide how long before I send Howard an email also. I've received two notifications today from sites that had 12/15 as their notification deadline.

I just got a letter in the mail from Norwich confirming that they received my application and were now reviewing applications and would be in touch regarding interview status. I was confused for a moment. Well, that was awkward... o_O:(
This is just wrong. Sorry you had to experience it.

University of Tennessee
Professional Psychology Internship Consortium
St. Jude's Pediatric Track
Invite to Interview (Phone Call)
12/16/2016
Dates offerred: Jan 9, 12, 17, & 24

Anyone receive deets on the Yale Child Study Center Interviews yet or know when we can expect some. Since the call it's been crickets....:poke:

California Pacific Medical Center
Rejection, 12/16, mass email
Womens Mental Health & Health Psych Tracks

Officially heard back from all my sites. Dobby is free!!!
I haven't heard from them yet and they're now my #1 since RAMS rejected me... but I'm glad you're freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Mid-Ohio Psychological Services, Inc.
Invite
Received on 12/16 via mass email
Interview dates: 1/10, 1/13