2016-2017 APPIC Internship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm trying to decide how long before I send Howard an email also. I've received two notifications today from sites that had 12/15 as their notification deadline.
I just sent an e-mail to my advisor. She said that they're probably really behind and we might not hear from them until Monday

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
University of Michigan counseling center
Email interview invite on 12/16
Will be in contact next week to schedule

FINALLY.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just sent an e-mail to my advisor. She said that they're probably really behind and we might not hear from them until Monday

Well that's ccomfortin! I'll stop checking my email every 30 minutes, and wait until Monday. Hopefully that's good news awaiting. Thanks for the info and following up :)

Reactions: 1 user
Tennessee Health Sciences Center Consortium (University of Tennessee Professional Psychology Internship Consortium)
General track
Invite - phone call
Interviews 1/6, 1/9, and 1/12

I haven't heard from them yet and they're now my #1 since RAMS rejected me... but I'm glad you're freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Thanks :) My dream of living in SF next year is officially dead now. Oh well, I'll make my way there for post doc or beyond.

Thanks to everyone who responded about sharp!! Somehow in my obsessive excel spreadsheet I must have written the wrong date! That makes me feel better!

Mount Sinai rehab was supposed to email today...anyone heard anything either way?

Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital (ABBHH)
Adult Track
Interview invitation extended today via personal email, for 1/9

Members don't see this ad :)
Tennessee Health Sciences Center Consortium (University of Tennessee Professional Psychology Internship Consortium)
General track
Invite - phone call
Interviews 1/6, 1/9, and 1/12

All the same for the neuropsychology track! I think they also had a 1/20 date too, but I'm not completely sure.

Thanks to everyone who responded about sharp!! Somehow in my obsessive excel spreadsheet I must have written the wrong date! That makes me feel better!
Any news yet?

Did anyone get a rejection from Applewood Centers? They are the last site I need to hear from, and I know they have called some folks for invites already so I assume I am getting a rejection, but I figured it would have come by now.

University of Maryland College Park
Invite
12/16/16
Phone call
1st week in Jan (They're only doing phone interviews)
What you've done lately to cope with this crazy internship process - Drinking and watching Rick & Morty

Mental Health Systems APPIC #2184
Invite
Mass E-mail
Interviews on 1/6 and 1/13

Monterey County Behavioral Health
Invite
Mass email
Interview date 1/27, asked us to call on Monday to schedule

My best friend got an interview there too!! Gonna turn it into a besties getaway. :)

Anything from Trinitas Hospital yet? It's my last site and I just want to know already!

UC Davis Counseling Center
interview invite 12/16
personal email
interviews (phone or skype) on 1/3-1/6

Advocate family called me offering an interview earlier in the week and I called back an hour later and they were like, nope they're full now, bye
OMG !!!! That is brutal and I am glad I did not get an interview there it sounds like interns are very dispensable They are like on to the next !!! This is HORRIBLE

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Officially heard from all of my sites. Five interviews, all scheduled, no conflicts, flights booked, and perfectly content. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 12 users
OMG Sharp is going to send me into a tailspin! I'm starting to think some of these late notifying sites enjoy torturing us. Also--Sharp had THE earliest deadline (Oct 31). They should have their **** together by now!

OMG Sharp is going to send me into a tailspin! I'm starting to think some of these late notifying sites enjoy torturing us. Also--Sharp had THE earliest deadline (Oct 31). They should have their **** together by now!
With you on this one.

Officially heard from all of my sites. Five interviews, all scheduled, no conflicts, flights booked, and perfectly content. Good luck everyone!
Same Good luck everyone eeeeeeeekkkkk we make it this far. We got this

Last edited:
My friend just got a mass email invite from Sharp HealthCare (after 11pm!). Interview dates 1/19, 1/20, 1/23, and 1/24.

North Central Bronx Hospital
Invite
Phone, 12/16/2016
Offered interview for 1/18/2016

Surprised by this one as I saw that invites went out already.

I think some wait to make sure they have enough people scheduled to interview before they reject. Someone posted a few days ago that sites are required to provide some feedback as to your status (i.e., to invite or reject) this year, but I don't have a citation for that. (Although all of my sites did reject or invite.)

It's on the APPIC webpage under FAQs for Training Directors :)

Has anyone received a rejection from McGaw Medical Center-Northwestern University yet? I demand to receive the rejection I paid for! :sendoff:

Sharp Healthcare
Invite!!!
12/16
Mass email at 10:57 PST, which was approximately 2AM EST for me.
Interview dates 1/19, 1/20, 1/23, 1/24

I'm very glad I stayed up waiting because interview dates are assigned first come first served. I find it a bit unfair when sites do this. Another CA site sent their invite really late and I was already in bed when it arrived so by the time I responded the next morning, only one date was left that I could not attend. I ended up sorting it out but it is one additional layer of annoyance and stress that makes this process even more difficult!!!

Sharp Healthcare
Invite!!!
12/16
Mass email at 10:57 PST, which was approximately 2AM EST for me.
Interview dates 1/19, 1/20, 1/23, 1/24

I'm very glad I stayed up waiting because interview dates are assigned first come first served. I find it a bit unfair when sites do this. Another CA site sent their invite really late and I was already in bed when it arrived so by the time I responded the next morning, only one date was left that I could not attend. I ended up sorting it out but it is one additional layer of annoyance and stress that makes this process even more difficult!!!

Do you have an idea for a more fair way of assigning dates? My experience was that first come/first served was the way most sites assigned dates but they all had flexibility if you couldn't make it to any of the dates. I actually interviewed at sharp last year and they were fine when I said I couldn't make 2 of the dates offered.

Hey...Miami VA notification date has past. I see people have received invitations for interviews, but I have heard nothing. Anyone else in the same boat?

Did anyone hear from Nicklaus Pediatric Neuropsychology track.... I heard invites went out for the pediatric health track but not sure about the neuro.

Anyone receive deets on the Yale Child Study Center Interviews yet or know when we can expect some. Since the call it's been crickets....:poke:

They told me on the phone that they would be sending a letter by snail mail. Hadn't received it yet as of last Wednesday when I left town but hoping it is waiting for me when I get back home tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile