2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure but I bet very few people would be in the Hanover area for anything other than Dartmouth haha
Hey! Thats my hometown you're talking about! But yes... nobody comes here for anything but Dartmouth... unless they are already here. I would say to anyone applying that it may be a little boring if you aren't interested in/open to doing outdoorsy things.

One other thing I should mention is that its a very safe place to raise your kids with decent school systems.

If anyone has questions about life in the area, I can def answer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Bracing for the week ahead:nailbiting:.
Hold tight and good luck everyone :).

Members don't see this ad :)
Sunday night! IIs are coming!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
II! LizzyM 70-73 Complete August 1. Available dates Dec 8,15, and 20. Good luck all !!

Reactions: 4 users
I was offered dates for Nov 17, Dec 1, and Dec 6th, if that's helpful to anyone?

A huge congratulations to those who just got interviews!!! Would you guys mind sharing your approximate complete dates?

Come on Dartmouth, love me and please send me a II.
Waiting patiently.

Reactions: 2 users
Come on Dartmouth, love me and please send me a II.
Waiting patiently.
Same here brother. I thought I fit Dartmouth's mission well, but I guess the feeling isn't mutual :(

Same here brother. I thought I fit Dartmouth's mission well, but I guess the feeling isn't mutual :(

Looks like you have a nice bunch of interviews, though! That's a good sign. People like you, man. When were you complete?

Looks like you have a nice bunch of interviews, though! That's a good sign. People like you, man. When were you complete?

Yeah, I'm definitely grateful for my interviews elsewhere, but I thought I had a really good chance at an II here. I was complete late July.

Yeah, I'm definitely grateful for my interviews elsewhere, but I thought I had a really good chance at an II here. I was complete late July.
Hang in there.
It's not over till you get a rejection.

Reactions: 1 users

Yeah I think just because some with a later complete date have received II doesn't mean they're completely beyond July. Hang in there. Best of luck!

Late July-er still here as well :) Hoping for good news for the both of us ~ @skh123

Reactions: 3 users
Hey cool kids, II just now :biglove: Just gotta figure out how to get there without going completely broke lol
This was literally me a few weeks ago! I figured out that flying into Boston and renting a car is way more affordable than flying into Lebanon! :clap:

Reactions: 1 users
there's a bus that goes logan to hanover like 5x a day. $60 ish round trip. Dartmouth coach. google it. no need to rent a car

So I have a story for you all.

I fly into Boston, with my wife, at 1:30am this morning. We get a rental car and drive for an hour to a hotel, then crash for like 3 hours.
I have a lovely complimentary breakfast (word up to bagels), put my suit on, and head to the car. I mapped the address to the admissions, and the ETA was 3 hours and 8 minutes later!
The travel agent we used booked our trip for Dartmouth Massachusetts.
Called admission, they were super chill. Rolled in at noon and had my interviews at 2.
Close one.

One side note, my first interviewer wrote a 4.5 on her notes. I'm probably overthinking it, but are they known to score us out of 10?

Reactions: 3 users

I fly into Boston, with my wife, at 1:30am this morning. We get a rental car and drive for an hour to a hotel, then crash for like 3 hours.
I have a lovely complimentary breakfast (word up to bagels), put my suit on, and head to the car. I mapped the address to the admissions, and the ETA was 3 hours and 8 minutes later!
Called admission, they were super chill. Rolled in at noon and had my interviews at 2.
Close one.

One side note, my first interviewer wrote a 4.5 on her notes. I'm probably overthinking it, but are they known to score us out of 10?

I would have had a *massive* panic attack. I am actually extremely anxious just thinking about seeing the GPS say 3 hours and 8 minutes... like waking up and looking at your clock and realizing you've overslept. Oh man.

Good recovery.

I would have had a *massive* panic attack. I am actually extremely anxious just thinking about seeing the GPS say 3 hours and 8 minutes... like waking up and looking at your clock and realizing you've overslept. Oh man.

Good recovery.

Oh, panic and I were old friends at that moment.

"Each applicant is scored on a 5-point scale across five qualities known to be essential as a physician: communication, empathy, intellect, passion, and confidence." It's out of 25

Close one.

I met you, in the hallway before your first interview of the day, looking at the cross section pictures! Hope everything went well, maybe see you next year!

"Each applicant is scored on a 5-point scale across five qualities known to be essential as a physician: communication, empathy, intellect, passion, and confidence." It's out of 25

So.... Either he did really well in 1 category, or horrible in all of them :p

Hey guys! II Sunday LizzyM ~75.

I was accepted at one of my first choice programs in October. I withdrew my application to Dartmouth today out of consideration for all those still in the running! Best of luck!!!

Reactions: 12 users

I was accepted at one of my first choice programs in October. I withdrew my application to Dartmouth today out of consideration for all those still in the running! Best of luck!!!

Congrats on the acceptance!!
When were you complete at Dartmouth btw?

Congrats! Where are you headed?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Accepted at Michigan and waiting to hear back from Hopkins. That's the only school I interviewed at that would beat out Michigan currently.

That's fantastic man. Huge congrats! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I met you, in the hallway before your first interview of the day, looking at the cross section pictures! Hope everything went well, maybe see you next year!

So.... Either he did really well in 1 category, or horrible in all of them :p

Thanks man, same to you.

Haha, hopeful the former and not the latter.

Close one.

Bro my heart rate increased just reading this. I thought I was going to be 10 minutes late and was on the verge of panicking.

Just curious- where did you find this information? I interviewed a few weeks ago and I don't think I came across that tidbit