2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's December 1st and no news yet.
Survived the last rejection purge.
Still hopeful for a II soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have an inkling as to when the next set of acceptances will come out? Has there been any sort of pattern?

Reactions: 1 users
Okay so from what I noticed acceptances seem to have gone out every other Tuesday (10/25, 11/8, 11/22) so I guess the next bout will be 12/6? This lines up with a post in last years thread about the committee meeting every 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody have an inkling as to when the next set of acceptances will come out? Has there been any sort of pattern?

The next round of acceptances post-II are coming out Tues 12/06 . The committee meets every two weeks (last meeting was Monday 11/21 with acceptances coming out in the morning the following Tuesday.) You can verify this pattern by perusing back through this thread.

I think II/rejections come out sporadically as they occur whenever a subcommittee convenes.

Reactions: 4 users
The next round of acceptances post-II are coming out Tues 12/06 . The committee meets every two weeks (last meeting was Monday 11/21 with acceptances coming out in the morning the following Tuesday.) You can verify this pattern by perusing back through this thread.

I think II/rejections come out sporadically as they occur whenever a subcommittee convenes.

Thanks man!

Is my application deemed complete once I submit my secondary application or is it complete only after my MCAT grades have been received? Thanks!

would anyone be able to post the schedule of interview day?

would anyone be able to post the schedule of interview day?

Talk from Admissions Director, Talk from Financial Aid Director, Tour of Medical Center, Lunch, 1st 30-minute Interview, 2nd 30-minute Interview, Optional Tour of Medical School.

Talk from Admissions Director, Talk from Financial Aid Director, Tour of Medical Center, Lunch, 1st 30-minute Interview, 2nd 30-minute Interview, Optional Tour of Medical School.
was more interested on what time the day was finished haha, but thank you for that!

was more interested on what time the day was finished haha, but thank you for that!

4pm. See the attached document. If you are offered an II, you will receive one of these.

Attachments

• Interview%20Confirmation.doc
    51.5 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone complete around late August (around 8/31) hear anything back yet??

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know if making it back to Boston Logan Airport for a 9:15 PM flight would be feasible? I know the 5 PM Dartmouth Coach bus from the Hanover Inn to the airport is estimated to arrive at the airport at 7:50 PM. But now that we are going into the snowy season, I was a little worried about whether or not I would be able to make it in time. Would anyone be able to weigh in? Thank you!

does anyone know if making it back to Boston Logan Airport for a 9:15 PM flight would be feasible? I know the 5 PM Dartmouth Coach bus from the Hanover Inn to the airport is estimated to arrive at the airport at 7:50 PM. But now that we are going into the snowy season, I was a little worried about whether or not I would be able to make it in time. Would anyone be able to weigh in? Thank you!
Traffic into Boston from Hanover was madness, but we had a rental car. We made our 7:51 flight, so you should be fine.

II! Completed late July, LizzyM ~72. Good luck everyone and congrats to those who have already been accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Traffic into Boston from Hanover was madness, but we had a rental car. We made our 7:51 flight, so you should be fine.

oh jeez, that sounds incredibly tight. may I ask what time you left the campus area and approximately how long did it take for you to get to the airport? and did you fly out of Boston Logan?

oh jeez, that sounds incredibly tight. may I ask what time you left the campus area and approximately how long did it take for you to get to the airport? and did you fly out of Boston Logan?
We left as soon as my interview was done, give 15 minutes for my wife to pick me up from the admissions office. Um, I think we got to the airport with 45 minutes to spare, after turning in our car. And yes, we flew out of Logan airport

you'll be fine. coach is almost always on schedule.

thank you!!! so incredibly helpful

Rejected a few minutes ago. Was really hoping for this one. complete in July, LizzyM 77-79

Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow!

Reactions: 4 users
I also had a feeling acceptances might be sent today but its noon and my email is dry...

I will add that I had sent a thank you note to the medical school student that interviewed me shortly after the interview (Nov 1st) and today received a response from him, which might be an indication that decisions may be coming out later today.

I also had a feeling acceptances might be sent today but its noon and my email is dry...

I will add that I had sent a thank you note to the medical school student that interviewed me shortly after the interview (Nov 1st) and today received a response from him, which might be an indication that decisions may be coming out later today.

Was hoping for some love today too but not surprised. Last time they accepted someone from 10/20 interview group and according to their website they only review 15-20 applicant per meeting. There were several interview groups of 15+ people between 10/20 and 11/01

You know that good ol' adage...

"No news is internal ranking process."

Reactions: 9 users
Wow I looooved my interview day here. Please let me in :)

Looks like tomorrow another round of II's will be going out.
Hoping and praying that one is heading my way.:D

I guess rejections go out in the evening.
Bracing myself for tonight.:cryi:

If it makes anyone feel better I looked through last years thread and they were still giving II's in like mid February

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
I have my interview here tomorrow, and it's my first interview of the cycle! I've been reading up, practicing, etc but does anyone have any last-minute advice? I'm so nervous!

I have my interview here tomorrow, and it's my first interview of the cycle! I've been reading up, practicing, etc but does anyone have any last-minute advice? I'm so nervous!

Tell yourself you're going to do great. Believe it. Enjoy your experience. You've worked hard for it :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Woke up to a rejection this morning. Was REALLY hoping for this one. Definitely a stinger :( complete late august

Relax! You got an interview at Dartmouth because you have achieved a bunch of great/cool/interesting things. My interviews here were extremely laid back - they just want to know who you are and why you want to be a doctor. If you know those answers you are golden.