2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just an FYI: next week is match week and the admissions office will be operating at a limited capacity.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed 12/6.
I called them every week (for a month now), if they were annoyed I couldn't tell. one of the receptionist actually invited me to call them the next week (by then it was 13+ weeks of waiting.)
Today I called again and they said they have a decision made for my application, so results might come out pretty soon.
Weird that they make decisions but don't tell us...thanks for the info

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today via email :) interviewed week of 12/5!

Reactions: 1 users
Completed floored. Just received an II today (March 13th)

After almost 60 straight rejections this will be my first U.S. interview ever. 4th year in a row applying.

MCAT: 11/06/10 (2011), 14/08/12 (2013), 11/10/12 (2014)
cGPA: 3.66 with a heavy upward trend
MSc completed in 2014

Canadian applicant (with dual citizenship)

Reactions: 28 users

After almost 60 straight rejections this will be my first U.S. interview ever. 4th year in a row applying.

MSc completed in 2014

That's awesome, I'm sure you'll kill it! Also were you ever put on hold?

MSc completed in 2014

Best of luck!!!

Sent from my SM-G550T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users

MSc completed in 2014

YASSSSS This makes me feel aliveeeeeeeee. I hope you love Drexel! I loved it when I had my interview last week! Good luck!!!

Reactions: 2 users
did anyone send a thank you email to admissions and receive a response?

Just in case nobody has gotten word yet, but Accepted Student's day is officially April 8th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those accepted so far. When is financial aid info. sent out? I will be on vacation during the summer (possibly the last one ever for a while now). I want to make sure I don't miss any deadlines for loans etc. Should I call DUCOM Financial Aid to inform them?

That's awesome, I'm sure you'll kill it! Also were you ever put on hold?

Thanks! I hope it goes well.

And no, as far as I know I was never put on hold. I checked the secondary app website periodically and I never read that my application was on hold either. I've also never been put on hold by any other school as far as I know.

hi all. I have an interview on the 20th. Any suggestions for things to do in the area at this time of year?
If you interviewed, how was your experience? TIA :)

hi all. I have an interview on the 20th. Any suggestions for things to do in the area at this time of year?
If you interviewed, how was your experience? TIA :)
there is nothing to do in the area unfortunately. There is not even a Starbucks nearby. Just houses.

(Interviewed 1/31): Just called, and the admissions office said I should have a decision next week after the next committee meeting!! I had thought they were running super behind, so this would be amazing.

(Interviewed 1/31): Just called, and the admissions office said I should have a decision next week after the next committee meeting!! I had thought they were running super behind, so this would be amazing.

Awesome! I called last week after the SSN thing popped up on my portal and they had mentioned that a decision was made about my application and I should have found out this week but I still haven't heard! I'm panicking. Did they mention what day decisions usually go out?

Awesome! I called last week after the SSN thing popped up on my portal and they had mentioned that a decision was made about my application and I should have found out this week but I still haven't heard! I'm panicking. Did they mention what day decisions usually go out?

Tomorrow is Match Day so the admissions office hasn't be running at full capacity. Worry not!

I interviewed mid January and was accepted earlier this week :D :D :D (first acceptance!!!!!!!). So it makes sense if late January finds out next week :)

Super excited and anxious to hear back! Interviewed on 1/26... I really hope next week is the week. Good luck everyone.

Just recieved in II here about 20 mins ago. Super pumped!

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone receive an email about viewing financial aid info today? I got a login and password but am having trouble logging in x__x

*edit: nevermind! I clicked "forget password" on the webpage and they sent me a new pin.

So far, it just says:

"There is no financial aid information available at this time.

ESTIMATED COST OF ATTENDANCE
(PRIOR TO FINANCIAL AID AWARDS)

Below is your estimated cost of attendance for the 2017-2018 academic year, based on your major and plan of study. The information represents the cost of attending Drexel without accounting for any financial aid awards you have been offered.

Costs
Amount
Tuition and Fees $58,049.00
Room and Board $14,930.00
Total $72,979.00
Additional Costs

When reviewing your financial aid award and preparing your budget, sometimes students may incur additional expenses for items such as books, supplies, a computer, or transportation. The estimated amount for these other expenses is $13,399.00"

Last edited:
Did anyone receive an email about viewing financial aid info today? I got a login and password but am having trouble logging in x__x

ESTIMATED COST OF ATTENDANCE
(PRIOR TO FINANCIAL AID AWARDS)

Below is your estimated cost of attendance for the 2017-2018 academic year, based on your major and plan of study. The information represents the cost of attending Drexel without accounting for any financial aid awards you have been offered.

Costs
Amount
Tuition and Fees $58,049.00
Room and Board $14,930.00
Total $72,979.00
Additional Costs

When reviewing your financial aid award and preparing your budget, sometimes students may incur additional expenses for items such as books, supplies, a computer, or transportation. The estimated amount for these other expenses is $13,399.00"

Hey, just wondering where you see this information. Did you get log-in credentials to a separate portal or something?

Rejection in the mail yesterday.

It's game over man, game over!

Hm, interesting... Accepted in early November and I never got that haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

That's weird. I was accepted in mid-January. Maybe email the admissions office? They sent another email this morning saying they were having technical difficulties so maybe that's another explanation why.

That's weird. I was accepted in mid-January. Maybe email the admissions office? They sent another email this morning saying they were having technical difficulties so maybe that's another explanation why.

Maybe that's why... Thanks for the reply!

Waitlisted today......pretty bummed as I was really hoping for an acceptance. Anyone know what the waitlist is like?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those who received decisions of some sort, how many weeks did it take to hear back?

I was told 8 weeks at my interview (a week ago), which is kind of ridiculous, IMO, especially considering I was one of the final interview dates. April 30th is approaching quickly... If I were to receive an acceptance, this would basically give me no time to decide slash re-visit...

For those who received decisions of some sort, how many weeks did it take to hear back?

I was told 8 weeks at my interview (a week ago), which is kind of ridiculous, IMO, especially considering I was one of the final interview dates. April 30th is approaching quickly... If I were to receive an acceptance, this would basically give me no time to decide slash re-visit...

Do they have to let us know before April 30?

Received an interview here yesterday! OOS and accepted to a couple schools in state so probably withdrawing my app. Good luck to everyone!

took me 10 weeks, interviewed sept 27

Do they have to let us know before April 30?
For what it is worth, I interviewed last week and someone asked about the 6-8 week timeline for the decision mentioning it would be past April 30th and the lady in admissions giving the presentation got pretty heated saying April 30th means little to them and they will fill their class by May 30th, that's their deadline. So I do not think they have to give you a decision by April 30th, just because you cannot hold multiple seats..that doesn't mean you can't get a decision after that.

For what it is worth, I interviewed last week and someone asked about the 6-8 week timeline for the decision mentioning it would be past April 30th and the lady in admissions giving the presentation got pretty heated saying April 30th means little to them and they will fill their class by May 30th, that's their deadline.
:meh: lol too bad, April 30th means kind of a lot imo

P.s. This isn't an eyeroll at you, mostly at this whole process, thanks for passing it on!

took me 10 weeks, interviewed sept 27

WOW... That's insane. I'm so sorry!

You all are correct, they can give an acceptance after April 30, but it is unfortunate for us because that means we cannot re-visit the school (I guess if you are local, you can!) slash would miss "Second Look Day." I believe we only have 5 business days of holding 2 acceptances.... Which isn't a lot of time!

Can someone fill me in on what goes on during accepted students day? I'm not local, and I don't think I'll be able to attend.

Is Drexel still extending interview invites? I haven't heard anything from them since being complete, and feel pretty pessimistic at this point. :(