2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got put on Pre-II hold. Is this just a polite rejection or an actual hold list?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
might be a silly question, but the school has to let you know decisions before April 30th correct?

Got an II yesterday here. Really random, I guess they really do still keep you under consideration until you're rejected

Reactions: 2 users
Which dates are still available for interview? Does anyone know how late into the cycle Drexel interviews?
Actually a lot of dates. About 6-8 dates in March and one in April I think :)

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 8/23, still not a peep.

Hearing about all the movement in the past couple of weeks gives me a little bit of hope!

I'm guessing it'll be around 10-11 weeks from your interview date. That's how long it's taking for most others with a few exceptions :).
Thank you!
My thought was, that since those who interviewed in the middle of December are hearing back around now, if there were no interviews at the end of December/early January because of the holiday, then the next batch of interviews they will be looking at will be around the time I interviewed. That's what I am hoping for at least!

I realize I am being neurotic but I have a lot banking on this decision and it has been stressful and thought-consuming so I'm over here perseverating and trying to control something clearly out of my hands, haha.

some people have reached out to me to asked about my interview day etc. I interviewed back in Nov and had a very good interview day (didnt love the school itself). Anyone who is worried about their upcoming interview is free to email me any questions they have. I wanna give back after all the help I have gotten to have such a successful cycle .,

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!
My thought was, that since those who interviewed in the middle of December are hearing back around now, if there were no interviews at the end of December/early January because of the holiday, then the next batch of interviews they will be looking at will be around the time I interviewed. That's what I am hoping for at least!

I realize I am being neurotic but I have a lot banking on this decision and it has been stressful and thought-consuming so I'm over here perseverating and trying to control something clearly out of my hands, haha.

Middle of December!? Oh boi.. I'm early December and I haven't heard back yet ...

During the presentation on my interview day we were told that it would be 8 weeks and we could call around the 8 week mark if we still hadn't heard back yet...was anyone else told this?

I interviewed 2/13 and they told our group the same thing

Middle of December!? Oh boi.. I'm early December and I haven't heard back yet ...
Well the only reason I said that is because someone from 12/7 posted that they heard back last week. Perhaps they were an anomaly! I should stop reading into it.

Congrats! Were you on hold or just silence ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I had heard absolutely nothing from the school since I applied in July. I turned them down as:
A) it's a logistical nightmare to get from the middle of nowhere to Philadelphia
B) I was accepted at a different medical school and would pick it over Drexel if offered admission.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Well the only reason I said that is because someone from 12/7 posted that they heard back last week. Perhaps they were an anomaly! I should stop reading into it.

Looking at last year thread: They announced some decisions on March 1.

Good Luck!

Placed on pre-II hold just now via email

Thank you for applying to Drexel University College of Medicine. Your file has been reviewed by a member of our Admissions Committee. While we have decided not to invite you for an interview at this time, we would like to re-evaluate your application again in the spring should spots remain. We have many completed applications to review and wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle.

Placed on pre-II hold just now via email

Thank you for applying to Drexel University College of Medicine. Your file has been reviewed by a member of our Admissions Committee. While we have decided not to invite you for an interview at this time, we would like to re-evaluate your application again in the spring should spots remain. We have many completed applications to review and wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle.
Welcome to the club! :(

I can see the light at the end of tunnel!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnndddddd... it's gone...
13 weeks, no decesion yet.

II today, there are lots of open dates left but I think I will be withdrawing!

Reactions: 5 users
II just now! can you believe it's my first one this cycle?? Don't lose hope guys! So excited! There are still plenty of dates at the end of March!

Reactions: 28 users
II just now! can you believe it's my first one this cycle?? Don't lose hope guys! So excited! There are still plenty of dates at the end of March!
Congrats! Hopefully I get something while I'm in the area. :O

II , this is my top school so I am pumped. I was never on hold here, just silence. LM 68.5

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to all who got accepted!

has anyone heard anything about second look weekend?

Anyone have advice for the interview?

Also, what were your favorite and least favorite aspects of the school?

I got an email after submitting my deposit. It's April 10 with a pre-reception on the 9th!
thanks for the info! I emailed them to see if they can resend the email to me. This was a separate email than the one with confirmation of the deposit being paid/you have accepted the offer email correct?

II just now via email. Complete 9/8. OOS, 3.7, 510.

Dates that were left were in the last 2 weeks of March. (I didn't look at April but when I called previously to ask until when they were interviewing they said end of March/beginning of April)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II just now via email. Complete 9/8. OOS, 3.7, 510.

Dates that were left were in the last 2 weeks of March. (I didn't look at April but when I called previously to ask until when they were interviewing they said end of March/beginning of April)
Were you ever put on hold?