2016-2017 SUNY - Buffalo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag me and/or @Ismet and we'll update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary received today! No essays AND only 65$$$$$!!! :) Good luck to us y'll!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same! Do you guys know how to figure out if they actually received it? I clicked submit and didn't get any confirmation

How long does it take for the app status to update? Other secondaries it seems to be automatic. Has anyone else submitted the app but does not see their app status change?

Reactions: 1 user
My Status is
SECONDARY APPLICATION RECEIVED
And the fee is received too, but Application Complete is still No. I emailed them my Green Card a few days ago maybe that's what they're still waiting on

Mine just showed up too!!

I sent in my secondary mid last week and my letters were submitted early last week but it still says "application complete: no" ... is this normal?

I sent in my secondary mid last week and my letters were submitted early last week but it still says "application complete: no" ... is this normal?

Where are you seeing the status? I don't see anything and it keeps rerouting me to the secondary again, albeit with my answers filled.

Members don't see this ad :)

Mine says the same thing, I paid the fee and my letters should have been in a long time ago.

I called them today to ask if I was missing anything, and she said probably not, they update statuses manually and it just takes them awhile, even up to a few weeks. so meh.

I just got an email from them saying "all required credentials have now been received" and my "file is now complete" even though I've had everything in since submitting the secondary on 6/27, including letters, mcat score, etc.. I think they are just a little slow putting everything together and notifying us!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an email from them saying "all required credentials have now been received" and my "file is now complete" even though I've had everything in since submitting the secondary on 6/27, including letters, mcat score, etc.. I think they are just a little slow putting everything together and notifying us!
Me too got the same email today

I got the secondary email today and when I enter in my AMCAS ID, it says invalid credentials. Did this happen to anyone else? I am using explorer like suggested.

Secondary received today! No essays AND only 65$$$$$!!! :) Good luck to us y'll!!!
Sorry I am applying from CA. I am not sure how NY state med school process works. So there is a secondary for Jacobs School of Medicine but no essays? Then what's it consist of?

Sorry I am applying from CA. I am not sure how NY state med school process works. So there is a secondary for Jacobs School of Medicine but no essays? Then what's it consist of?

it's not all NY state schools, just this particular one. you essentially just pay the $65 secondary fee if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II received several hours ago!!! So excited to be at this school!!!

Is there a way to check on application status? I tried checking through the agreement link but I don't see anything

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No problem ~ :) Fingers crossed for you as well!

C'mon UB...let's start rolling out those 'random' interview invites.

Best of luck to everyone applying!

I think they're focus on the beginning of the school year for M1 students. Probably not going to hear anything from them until at the end of next week

I think they're focus on the beginning of the school year for M1 students. Probably not going to hear anything from them until at the end of next week
Good point.

As said previously, I'm OOS so I don't know if these rumors are true...but could a current medical student comment on the following:
1. The new medical school will not, in fact, be opening in 2017.
2. UB is increasing it's class size by ~40 students.

Last edited:
Good point.

As said previously, I'm OOS so I don't know if these rumors are true...but could a current medical student comment on the following:
I'm just an applicant but I work in the hospital across from the new medical school and I can tell you that they will NOT be done building it by 2017 as it is currently just beams and a roof

OOS but would love to go here. Hoping that they are increasing the class size

Good point.

OOS but would love to go here. Hoping that they are increasing the class size

1. @al22al22 is right and there are rumors among faculties that indeed the medical school will not be complete. Fall 2018 is probably amore realistic date, since it wouldn't make sense to open the school in the middle of the school year...but what do i know
2. I am a reapplicant to this school. At the interview last year, Dr. Severin told us that class of 2021 will be a bigger class. I think he said 180 or 184...something around there

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all! Does anyone know what to put for "Do you realize that conviction of a felony may preclude licensure in some states?"
I had no idea what the question was even asking, but after some googling, we should put "yes" right? Thanks so much :)

Hey all! Does anyone know what to put for "Do you realize that conviction of a felony may preclude licensure in some states?"
I had no idea what the question was even asking, but after some googling, we should put "yes" right? Thanks so much :)
Just put yes (that's what I did). I agree, it is a poorly worded/odd question!

any II news out there?

i think and I'm not 100% percent sure that this past Wednesday might be the first interview of the season

Really? Interesting then that no iis have been reported here

the trend of people participating in the buffalo thread the last couple of years have been trending downwards...i just wish there's more activity here like other schools where they already have like 500 posts

Getting worried, I've always heard UB starts interviewing late august. I am IS and have good connections and no II yet. :(