2016-2017 SUNY - Buffalo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED TODAY!!!!!!! First acceptance !!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew from here! Best of luck to all of you waiting for an acceptance! This is a great school and I would have no hesitation in going here if I was local :)

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew today. Hope one of you gets my spot!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone deciding between here and Upstate? Which way are you leaning and why?

Reactions: 1 user
As a Buffalo native, I can say with conviction that Buffalo is orders of magnitude a more fun/enjoyable city than Syracuse.

The wait is killing me, quite literally. Losing sleep over this unranked WL

The wait is killing me, quite literally. Losing sleep over this unranked WL
The waitlist is strictly ranked based on an immutable numerical post-interview score.

The waitlist is strictly ranked based on an immutable numerical post-interview score.

Oh, yeah i know. I just wish that UB would let us know our ranking or have a priority WL like I believe they had implemented in the past

Members don't see this ad :)

I am also a buffalo native and while I agree that the city of Buffalo is a fun place to be, I think that the current curriculum of UB's med school with their pseudo-letter grading is a deterrent for me (although I have heard this is in the process of being reformed). I am torn between these two schools as they're very similar but I think either option will result in us becoming successful Physicians. :) A definite pro for Upstate is their curriculum design (modules) feels more natural to me, yet a HUGE pro for UB is their new medical campus that has been stated to open our second semester as M1's. It is by no means an easy decision to make but both medical schools are very good.

I am also a buffalo native and while I agree that the city of Buffalo is a fun place to be, I think that the current curriculum of UB's med school with their pseudo-letter grading is a deterrent for me (although I have heard this is in the process of being reformed). I am torn between these two schools as they're very similar but I think either option will result in us becoming successful Physicians. :) A definite pro for Upstate is their curriculum design (modules) feels more natural to me, yet a HUGE pro for UB is their new medical campus that has been stated to open our second semester as M1's. It is by no means an easy decision to make but both medical schools are very good.

I originally was put off by UB's pseudo-letter grading as well, but am actually feeling ok about it since classes are not curved, which I think prevents the hyper-competitive environment that I was worried about.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted yesterday morning! Interviewed August 31st and was wait-listed Oct 15th. Was a loong wait but will most likely be attending here :)

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted on 5/8! Interviewed 9/21, WL Oct 15. This was my top choice (since I'm a Buffalo native and UB undergrad) and I will be attending. Huzzah!

Reactions: 2 users
Just accepted off waitlist! Interviewed 4/5 and waitlisted 4/6!

Reactions: 7 users
Withdrawing my acceptance. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

Withdrew my acceptance! Best of luck to all of you.

Has anyone heard back about institutional scholarships yet?

Withdrew yesterday as well. Hope one of you gets my spot.

Has anyone heard back about institutional scholarships yet?

I am no longer attending but I received a small academic scholarship in February.

Withdrew my acceptance today after receiving a large scholarship to Netter!

just got off the waitlist!!!! Interviewed April 12.

Accepted from the waitlist but withdrew my spot. Hope it goes to one of you!