2016-2017 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got "continuing application" waitlisted letter in mail yesterday. :( 4th WL in a row. Honestly bummed out because I thought my interviews were good?? Interviewed first week of Feb

Members don't see this ad.

Got "continuing application" waitlisted letter in mail yesterday. :( 4th WL in a row. Honestly bummed out because I thought my interviews were good?? Interviewed first week of Feb
Sorry to hear that! If you don't mind me asking which specific date in February was it?

Dear All,

Count your blessings. Some of us did not get any interviews.
Be grateful you are on a wait list and still in the fight.
Stay strong and be patient. I know it sucks to wait but you are that much closer to the dream.

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the same thing. Honestly got trolled with the "pleased to inform you". Now for the waiting game and a dose of anxiety to go with it.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the same thing. Honestly got trolled with the "pleased to inform you". Now for the waiting game and a dose of anxiety to go with it.
Sorry to hear... I'm on a few waitlists myself. I interviewed the first week of Feb. and havent gotten any snail mail, email, or portal change. Did you get a portal change?

Sorry to hear... I'm on a few waitlists myself. I interviewed the first week of Feb. and havent gotten any snail mail, email, or portal change. Did you get a portal change?
I got a change on March 15th

I'm not sure how to access the portal?? The website where I submitted the secondary didn't say anything about a change in the status of my app.

If it makes you feel any better, I was accepted here last year from the last acceptance wave in May.

Reactions: 4 users
Complete since late July, reapplicant... Haven't heard a thing from this school. Trying not to give up hope:(

Reactions: 2 users
Dear All,

Count your blessings. Some of us did not get any interviews.
Be grateful you are on a wait list and still in the fight.
Stay strong and be patient. I know it sucks to wait but you are that much closer to the dream.

Thank you for posting this. To add--I applied for the first time 2 years ago. Applied to a huge # of schools both MD and DO, received ZERO interviews. Was devastated. Took a year to regroup, retook the MCAT for the 3rd time (and in the new format!) Now--I'm a re-applicant this year and I have been lucky to have 4 interviews (2 MD, 2 DO). I'm waitlisted at 2 med schools (1 MD, 1 DO). The other two decisions are pending. Was a post-bacc kid, English major in undergrad, and I'm 31 (and a half!) haha Every day is a struggle with self-doubt and perseverance battling each other.

Just wanted to share a bit about my journey and to show that it has been full of up's and down's. It is a roller coaster ride! Wanted to encourage everyone out there (and especially those who, like me, have or have had zero interviews) to keep trying and to keep reaching as you'll never know what can happen. Only you can decide to go forward or to pursue another career. Hang in there:highfive:

Reactions: 16 users
Thank you for posting this. To add--I applied for the first time 2 years ago. Applied to a huge # of schools both MD and DO, received ZERO interviews. Was devastated. Took a year to regroup, retook the MCAT for the 3rd time (and in the new format!) Now--I'm a re-applicant this year and I have been lucky to have 4 interviews (2 MD, 2 DO). I'm waitlisted at 2 med schools (1 MD, 1 DO). The other two decisions are pending. Was a post-bacc kid, English major in undergrad, and I'm 31 (and a half!) haha Every day is a struggle with self-doubt and perseverance battling each other.

Just wanted to share a bit about my journey and to show that it has been full of up's and down's. It is a roller coaster ride! Wanted to encourage everyone out there (and especially those who, like me, have or have had zero interviews) to keep trying and to keep reaching as you'll never know what can happen. Only you can decide to go forward or to pursue another career. Hang in there:highfive:
That was a great story. Thanks for sharing it. I feel a lot of us who fall through the cracks sometimes ( reapplicants) are just desperate to finally hear that yes. Interviewed at 1 school last year and got the WL and then nothing. This year I interviewed at Temple and 1 other. WL at Temple and I hear back from the other school 2nd week of April. Feeling more optimistic about that one.

Lets stick in there guys. We got this.

Reactions: 7 users
I have very recently received an II, but when I go to schedule a date on the portal it doesn't show any available dates. Anyone else having this problem?

I have very recently received an II, but when I go to schedule a date on the portal it doesn't show any available dates. Anyone else having this problem?

Call the admissions office, it just means they have to add new dates to the calendar and haven't yet

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is Temple still extending interview invites? I haven't heard anything from them since being complete, and feel pretty pessimistic at this point. :(

Is Temple still extending interview invites? I haven't heard anything from them since being complete, and feel pretty pessimistic at this point. :(
Yeah, they are. I received an interview invitation yesterday (yes on Sunday)

@hopefuldr_12 and @DannySCR

Thank you for replying.
I know all about the struggle.. this is my second round applying. First time I got one interview, this time I got no interviews (my stats are too low, I am also 30 and very non trad -born outside US) I am going to do a masters program and I may or may not re-apply later. This path is taking so much from me and giving me so little back. I really hope you both start your journey in the fall. you deserve it.

@hopefuldr_12 and @DannySCR

Thank you for replying.
I know all about the struggle.. this is my second round applying. First time I got one interview, this time I got no interviews (my stats are too low, I am also 30 and very non trad -born outside US) I am going to do a masters program and I may or may not re-apply later. This path is taking so much from me and giving me so little back. I really hope you both start your journey in the fall. you deserve it.

Thank you so much! It means a lot to have your support and encouragement. You have such inner strength and poise -- to be pursuing a Masters degree then possibly returning later to reapply-- that takes grit and guts.

I know some days it seems impossible, but if you got it in you still, keep on reaching and keep on trying to burst through those doors. Follow your heart.

Keep the faith til the end of the cycle. Let us know how it turns out. You truly never know what lies ahead...

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us..." R.W.E.

Reactions: 3 users
Is there a facebook group? There was a link earlier in the thread but it doesn't work!

Is there a facebook group? There was a link earlier in the thread but it doesn't work!
I'm not sure but if someone has one can you post it! I can't wait to meet my future classmates! Are you going to accepted students day?

Anyone know what interview dates are available?

II just now, complete late August. Will be declining, hope one of you gets it! best of luck!

Reactions: 9 users
Their waitlist letter is a cruel joke. Who thought it was a good idea to start it off with "we are pleased to inform you" and end with "congratulations on your placement on the continuing candidates list."

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats to those who received IIs!... Has ANYONE that was complete late cycle (November/December) received an II?

For those of you on the wait list, I will be turning down my acceptance soon so keep an eye open.

On a side note, does anyone know how to turn down an acceptance? I don't see an option for it in the portal.

For those of you on the wait list, I will be turning down my acceptance soon so keep an eye open.

On a side note, does anyone know how to turn down an acceptance? I don't see an option for it in the portal.
For withdrawals in general I usually just email admissions thanking them for interviewing me (or accepting in your case) and then saying I would respectfully like to withdraw my application and ending with something like "good luck with educating your future class"

Thanks man! Best of luck.

Turned down my acceptance today. Hope it works out for one of you on the waitlist. Best of luck!

For those receiving the last batch of II's most recently, did you send in letter updates/ to whom?

For those receiving the last batch of II's most recently, did you send in letter updates/ to whom?

I got an II yesterday and haven't communicated with the school since I submitted my secondary back in July

Just canceled my interview! Be on the lookout for open dates real soon

Reactions: 4 users
What are the last interview dates available? Silence still last July.

I have my interview tomorrow! How were all of your interviews here in Temple? hopefully positive

Anyone have an idea of what waitlist movement is like at Temple and how big the list usually is?

Anyone have an idea of what waitlist movement is like at Temple and how big the list usually is?
at my interview day, they said that a couple of years ago they accidentally over accepted people and wound up with too many people in the class, so they've been very conservative with their number of acceptances in recent years and expect significant movement off the WL. Take that as you will.

I have my interview tomorrow! How were all of your interviews here in Temple? hopefully positive
I had my interview back in December! Loved the school. I'm from the area and have done research there so I'll always love Temple. Super lucky to get in. If you have any questions, PM me. :)
Only thing that sucks for interview day is if you are not familiar with the area it can be hard to navigate sometimes. They do interviews at different locations (all within like 2 blocks).

Why is it bad to rehearse answers?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

You should have a good idea of what you want to say for questions that you can expect to be asked for example, why medicine? Or why Temple? But rehearsed answers are easy to spot and not very authentic sounding. Take a lesson from my mistake. I went into my first interview with rehearsed answers and didn't get in. I found myself stumbling around trying to remember the exact sequence of words I had memorized. It was bad and unnatural. The next few interviews I didn't rehearse a thing, went in and answered questions as they came with whatever came to mind, but also drawing on my experiences. I'm now 5/5 acceptances on those ones. N = 1 but try not to rehearse haha.

at my interview day, they said that a couple of years ago they accidentally over accepted people and wound up with too many people in the class, so they've been very conservative with their number of acceptances in recent years and expect significant movement off the WL. Take that as you will.
That's nice to hear. Now we wait until post-traffic day

Just got offered a very attractive scholarship here.

Reactions: 5 users