2016-2017 University of South Dakota (Sanford) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone contacted Jill recently for an update on waitlist movement? I'm just curious if there have been any significant changes before the first of May.

Members don't see this ad.

Update for those interested: a friend of mine who was accepted told me he knows the person who was 5 on the wait list was offered acceptance. Not sure on the timing of this, but I feel movement at this point seems like good news.
Did they accept? ..... just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just spoke with Jill, she said that the waitlist has moved 15 spots already. I used to be #29 but now I am #14

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Did she give you any other info? like if that's a good indicator that it'll move more in May? Or when you should check back with her? Thanks for letting us know :)
I just spoke with Jill, she said that the waitlist has moved 15 spots already. I used to be #29 but now I am #14

I asked her what my chances are of getting in - if she had to guess. She said that she doesn't think I will get in. But then she said that she was just basing her prediction on how many people have gotten in from the waitlist in the past; not basing it off how far the waitlist has moved this year compared to other years.

Sorry if that's hard to understand. She said that because number 29 on the waitlist doesn't TYPICALLY get in, she would predict the same thing for this year regardless of how far the waitlist has moved. Even though there has been a lot of movement on the waitlist this year compared to other years at this time. (Pre-May)

Wow that seems fast. I'm 16 and was just wondering how they contact people when accepted off the wait list for those of you that have been?

Wow that seems fast. I'm 16 and was just wondering how they contact people when accepted off the wait list for those of you that have been?
I can't speak for everyone, but Jill actually called me on the phone to tell me I was accepted.

Awesome!

FutureDoc034 - you should be #1 on the list now! You'll be the next one to get in. Keep us updated!!

I actually contacted Jill to check and she told me I was 3rd on April 20th. I havent heard anything yet but hoping to in the days just prior to and following the April 30 deadline.

I actually contacted Jill to check and she told me I was 3rd on April 20th. I havent heard anything yet but hoping to in the days just prior to and following the April 30 deadline.
So the wait list actually only moved 12 spots at the time you called?

13, but there must have been some people who withdrew between BYU Med and myself, hence the discrepancy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got off the phone with Jill. I was accepted, so the alternate list has moved at least 16 spots at this point! Good luck to everyone I'm sure there will still be movement throughout May and hopefully into the summer!

That's awesome man! I'm stoked for you! That's such good news. So if I was number 14 when you were number three and now you are in, that means I'm at least number 11.

I just called Jill. I am number 9 now. So total, I have gone from number 29 to number 9. Hopefully there is still some movement!!!!!!

I just called Jill. I am number 9 now. So total, I have gone from number 29 to number 9. Hopefully there is still some movement!!!!!!
Thank you so, so much for keeping us updated. I'm at least #4 now and I plan on calling her next week if I don't hear anything, just so you know :)

I'm praying that it keeps moving! I would love to not have to move!

I was #22 & I was just accepted this morning! Good luck everyone. I did not expect to get the good news this soon.

This is awesome news! Congrats on getting in man! Hopefully I'll be able to join you!

Has anyone checked in with Jill recently? It's getting a little too quiet for my comfort. :( Also, any word on other wait lists that are moving?

I just called her today. I am #5 on the waitlist. I started at #29. So there was definitely been some movement. She said that after this point there is rarely any movement at all. But then she said that "stranger things have happened." So she made it seem like it's kind of a toss up. There could be more movement. But then there could not be. No way to know. Other than sit. And wait. And wait. And wait. Ehhhhhh

I just called her today. I am #5 on the waitlist. I started at #29. So there was definitely been some movement. She said that after this point there is rarely any movement at all. But then she said that "stranger things have happened." So she made it seem like it's kind of a toss up. There could be more movement. But then there could not be. No way to know. Other than sit. And wait. And wait. And wait. Ehhhhhh

Thanks for the update! I suspect she has to be a bit conservative as to not give false hope. We just need a few students to get pulled from the wait lists at their dream schools, so that we can go to ours! Hang in there!

Ya, and who knows, maybe there are some still on the waitlist that aren't interested in going to Sanford this year for whatever reason. You never know, the list could still keep moving. Last year 33 people from the waiting list got in! It could happen again!

I called Jill yesterday. She said there hasn't been any movement on the waitlist since May 22.