2024-2025 North Dakota

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! Congrats on your interview, how was it? Any tips? I have mine soon.
Sorry just saw this now. My interview seemed fairly relaxed and conversational. Do be sure to know your app inside and out because they will dig into it. To add to what others have said I still haven’t heard anything back since Oct 26.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how the waitlists work and how many people are typically accepted off of them? I am IS and #13 on the waitlist. Are there separate waitlists for IS and OOS? And how do they decide which waitlist to pull from first?
 
Hi! Were you on a waitlist? If you were, what position, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m tenth in the ND group
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know how the waitlists work and how many people are typically accepted off of them? I am IS and #13 on the waitlist. Are there separate waitlists for IS and OOS? And how do they decide which waitlist to pull from first?
I think this year they have a MN/WICHE waitlist and a ND waitlist and I'm not sure how they pull from these exactly, but last year they had about 22 off the waitlist, but not sure if this was a combined or separated waitlist.
 
This is from an email I was sent:

‘Our different waitlists are our ND pool, INMED pool, and MN/WICHE pool. Basically, how it works is that when someone who is accepted declines their spot, we open the next position from the pool they were originally in. For example, if a ND applicant declines acceptance we pull our first applicant from the ND pool on the ND waitlist.’
 
Did anyone else on the waitlist just get the email invite to Second Look Day? I was under the assumption that it was only for admitted students.