You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Vanderbilt University Application Thread
Started by Cyberdyne 101
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
60.44% per US NEWS
Anyone know the post II acceptance rate? Do you mind sharing where you got the info?
D
deleted682597
Thanks!60.44% per US NEWS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted682597
Does anyone know how many acceptances are awarded during the second round in February?
Sorry to hear that, did you get a secondary?Axed pre-II...really wanted to try the hot chicken 🙁((
Yep! Automatic one, I think.Sorry to hear that, did you get a secondary?
How long did they review your secondary?Yep! Automatic one, I think.
That would be my best guess too. Getting nervous!Do we know what day the December decisions are being released?
edit-- looking at last year's thread it was the Monday before xmas so I'm gonna guess we get em one week from today
Does anyone know if everyone from an interview date gets a decision at the same time? I.e. Are they sending out my rejection with the acceptances in the next week or two, or do I have to wait until the bitter end?
Got the call about 20 minutes ago!
omg awesome when did you interview?Got the call about 20 minutes ago!
Got the call about 20 minutes ago!
Congrats!!!
Last year, seems like calls went out until at least ~10 PM so...might be staring at my phone for the next few hours...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FYI everyone last year there were people who interviewed in early/mid november and heard back in December. Also the calls stretched over a few days.
Are they going to continue to call tonight and into tomorrow or just tonight?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah sorry I didn't see that earlier. But hmmm I don't think I've heard of them working weekends to call...
reiterating: FYI everyone last year there were people who interviewed in early/mid november and heard back in December. Also the calls stretched over a few days.
Accepted by phone call just now! Lizzy M 77, interviewed October 10. Anyone remember when they said we would hear about scholarships?
Congrats to those accepted!! So exciting 🙂 do you mind sharing who called you? Was it your interviewer?
FWIW a friend of mine was just offered a substantial scholarship when they called to tell them they were accepted. Not sure if people receiving less comprehensive scholarships have yet to hear or what. I know that they do have pretty robust need based aid though, and that comes out later after you apply for it!Accepted by phone call just now! Lizzy M 77, interviewed October 10. Anyone remember when they said we would hear about scholarships?
Also, in response to mandoggy, the same friend's name is earlier alphabetically and they found out after me, so I'm not sure there's necessarily a rhyme or reason haha.
My call was from the that older guy on the admissions team.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It shows up on my portal, but maybe it takes a day to go through the system? Maybe yours will show up tomorrow?Got the call too!
For everyone else accepted, does it show up in your portal yet? I'm still convinced this is a joke.![]()
Just got the call today as well. Very appreciative that they are taking the time to call on a Saturday.
Congrats! Are they still calling? How do we know if we've been pushed to February, waitlisted, or still in the running to get the call?Just got the call today as well. Very appreciative that they are taking the time to call on a Saturday.
No one gets WL in December. If you don't get a call today or whenever they stop calling for this wave, then you're still in the running.Congrats! Are they still calling? How do we know if we've been pushed to February, waitlisted, or still in the running to get the call?
Very unsatisfying, I know.
(Content redacted to preserve anonymity)
Last edited:
got the call around 4pm est! super nice and personal call, love this school
Accepted yesterday! Interviewed mid-November. Portal still hasn't updated for me, glad to see I'm not the only one!
Can i ask which day in November?
I don't want to give the exact day, but it was during the third week
Can i ask which day in November?
I don't want to give the exact day, but it was during the third week
Thanks! I was mid-November too and they said we likely wouldn't hear until February so was just checking
Is there any way to know whether we were deferred versus not considered in this group at all?Thanks! I was mid-November too and they said we likely wouldn't hear until February so was just checking
I don't think so...Is there any way to know whether we were deferred versus not considered in this group at all?
Accepted to Vandy + full-ride! Just received the call.
LM ~73-74, OOS.
Interviewed Early-October!
LM ~73-74, OOS.
Interviewed Early-October!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Edit: .
Interview date?Hi, they were making calls today! I got the call today too, maybe around 4pm-ish Eastern time. I was accepted wth full scholarship and am still in disbelief! Don't give up hope guys!
Interview date?
I interviewed late September
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
