2016-2017 Wayne State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just wanted to confirm that there is no deposit due correct for accepted students?

I hope not because I was accepted last month

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just checked local weather.

13 Degrees F

Feels like: 6 Degrees F

Yea our winters or really cold and we get alot of snow from the lake effect. However, I doubt that would stop anyone whose been accepted lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Is there a facebook page for class of 2021? I couldn't find it and I'd like to find a roommate!

Reactions: 1 users
Just the form; and not on the checklist but I started my immunization since some of them like hep b take forever
We dont need to do anything else except the online form for acceptance right? I will be working on the checklist, I would just hate to loose my seat because of something stupid.

Members don't see this ad :)
We dont need to do anything else except the online form for acceptance right? I will be working on the checklist, I would just hate to loose my seat because of something stupid.
Correct. You should get a confirmation once you fill the form, make sure you have that and you can set up your email as well but that is it.

Correct. You should get a confirmation once you fill the form, make sure you have that and you can set up your email as well but that is it.
Yeah, I did set up my email, got the confirmation email.

Yeah, I did set up my email, got the confirmation email.
All set then. Everything else is due next year sometime. Start on your vaccines, especially hep B since you need three shots 6 months apart, if you haven't already.

All set then. Everything else is due next year sometime. Start on your vaccines, especially hep B since you need three shots 6 months apart, if you haven't already.
Already have that set up since i have been working in healthcare. I am hoping Wayne will take pity on me and give me some merit scholarship money, but that wont be released until April i think.

Already have that set up since i have been working in healthcare. I am hoping Wayne will take pity on me and give me some merit scholarship money, but that wont be released until April i think.
Yeah April sounds about right, although I have also heard February. Have you called to ask?

Yeah April sounds about right, although I have also heard February. Have you called to ask?
I did call to ask, and I specifically asked if they would release before final decision to matriculate had to be made, the person didnt really sound sure but said april is when it is released. Have you completed your fafsa yet?

I did call to ask, and I specifically asked if they would release before final decision to matriculate had to be made, the person didnt really sound sure but said april is when it is released. Have you completed your fafsa yet?
No fafsa for me, canadian and all but most people I know won't be completing it till early next year. You have multiple acceptances, I hope that plays in your favor and whatever else you can think of to show you realllyyyy want wayne and the scholarship would be nice. Any money saved is lovely haha

No fafsa for me, canadian and all but most people I know won't be completing it till early next year. You have multiple acceptances, I hope that plays in your favor and whatever else you can think of to show you realllyyyy want wayne and the scholarship would be nice. Any money saved is lovely haha
Yeah, I got some money offered today from another school. I wasnt planning on matriculating to the other school because I love wayne and wayne is still cheaper but it made me think twice. I wonder If i interviewed with you, since we had a few Canadians in my group.

Yeah, I got some money offered today from another school. I wasnt planning on matriculating to the other school because I love wayne and wayne is still cheaper but it made me think twice. I wonder If i interviewed with you, since we had a few Canadians in my group.
When do you have to get back to that school? I know the feeling, a DO school I turned down recently reached out to offer a significant scholarship that confused me there for a second haha No I interviewed after you, remember I PM'd you to ask for interview survival tips :p

When do you have to get back to that school? I know the feeling, a DO school I turned down recently reached out to offer a significant scholarship that confused me there for a second haha No I interviewed after you, remember I PM'd you to ask for interview survival tips :p
I can keep multiple acceptances until late april according to AMCAS rules, will hold until then, and I have a few interviews left. Sorry, I forgot it seems like that was eons ago. Hopefully someone offers you some money as well! Candians have it rough tuition-wise. Do Canadians go back to match in canada or do they stay in the US on work visa's for residency.

So activating email and filling out the form is to hold the spot correct? Not commit now?
I love wayne too but have another acceptance and don't want to commit anywhere till April. Worried I'll do it wrong and commit by accident :)

So activating email and filling out the form is to hold the spot correct? Not commit now?
I love wayne too but have another acceptance and don't want to commit anywhere till April. Worried I'll do it wrong and commit by accident :)
Theres no way to actually commit to just one school at this point. No binding contracts. You've been accepted. You've accepted the acceptance. You have until april 30th to make a final decision which of your acceptances to keep.

Scholarship call today! Ultimate secret Santa!

Reactions: 2 users

Attachments

• IMG_2960.PNG
    IMG_2960.PNG
    295.2 KB · Views: 60
You need to fill out a fafsa to be considered for scholarships anywhere
Oh, hmmm. As I'd understood it, FAFSA is required for federal loan consideration, with some medical schools also using it to determine scholarships. That being said, not all schools require FAFSA for scholarship consideration (ie, UVM doesn't).

...Unless I'm misunderstanding something, which is entirely possible with the intricacies of finaid! :)

Damn! But I'm class of 2017? It dont matter? Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my LG-H918 using SDN mobile

I don't think your class year matters when you fill out the FAFSA for Wayne Med. Once you fill out the FAFSA and put in Wayne's school code (002329 i think) they will see that you have submitted your FAFSA. When I filled out the FAFSA for this coming year, a lot of the information from the 2016-2017 was saved into the 2017-2018. So basically, you can just go to the relevant sections that have changed for you within the year. Hope that's helpful. Good luck!

Does Wayne State reject anyone post-interview? Or does everyone who interviews get either accepted or waitlisted?

Will the admissions committee still meet in early January? I had heard that they meet only once a month, and I know they met in early December and again in mid December.

Thanks!

I would like to know this as well.
Will the admissions committee still meet in early January? I had heard that they meet only once a month, and I know they met in early December and again in mid December.
Not exactly sure how anyone on here could know the answer to that. Maybe call tomorrow and ask?

Not exactly sure how anyone on here could know the answer to that. Maybe call tomorrow and ask?
Admissions is closed until Jan 3 or something. I emailed them and got an automated response but I am too lazy to look for the email :D

Hey everyone is it supposed to say "Med School Invite to Interview" beside admissions decision if you have not gotten an email invite ?