2016 cycle: When should I expect interview invites/rejections?

Started by jkh9914
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jkh9914

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Background:
-3.68c GPA, 3.8 math and sciences, 526 MCAT. Went to US news & world report top 5 LAC (for whatever those rankings are worth).
-100+ Hours of lab experience with 1 publication
- 300+ hours volunteering in an ambulance as an EMT
-100+ Hours coaching high school football
-Varsity DIII football player for 4 years
-Shadowed an oncologist 50+ Hours
-Shadowing in the OR 4o Hours
-Worked on the grants management side of a research hospital for 3 years.

Application complete August 20th, 2015 for most schools. It was late because I did not take the MCAT until July 2015 (I studied abroad spring of junior year and did not want to rush studying that following summer.)

So far, I have two interview invites, one from Duke and one from NYU. I was rejected by BU. This all occurred a few weeks ago, but I have heard nothing from any of the other 17 schools that I applied to. It seems like most people are hearing back 8 weeks from when their app was complete.

One important caveat was that I pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of negligent operation of a MV. The charges were expunged. It was definitely a dumb move by me but it was when I was a lot younger and I have matured significantly since then.

School list who have not responded:
Columbia, Yale, Dartmouth, Umich, UVM, Harvard, UVA, Vanderbilt, Mt. Sinai, Northwestern, UCSF, UCONN, UNC, my state school, Brown, USC, Cornell.

Sorry for the block of text, but my questions are:
-Should I be worried about the time it is taking for responses?
-Will the expunged misdemeanor hurt my odds?
-Is no news good news?

Thanks for the responses, I know I am probably worrying about nothing but it would be great to hear from people who had/are having experiences similar to me.