2017-18 NBEO School Passage Rates Are Out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Purkinja

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up on those metrics available now.I saw them and have a growing concern that several schools are not doing well and some established schools are struggling as well.

Please review these numbers before choosing where you want to matriculate.I apologize for my inability to post a link,I bet someone here can.Good Luck All!

Members don't see this ad.

can you post the link? I can only find the 2016-17. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Meh, it's just a test. You'll pass if you study hard.

Reactions: 1 user
I have to wonder how good of a comparison this truly is for studnets to review. I see stars by a bunch of the schools saying that students need to take and pass different parts before they graduate. Does that mean for instance that SCO got 100% on part 3 only because students counted graduated? Seems like a pretty terrible comparison between all the schools to me. What do percentages even mean if they aren't counted the same way between schools?

They are all counted the same way.Since you mentioned SCO their Part 1 passage rate went down from last year like a lot of schools.

Prospective students need to weigh these scores as they are the bedrock of why you are attending and should be top priority over facilities and possibly cost.

Top candidates probably have nothing to worry about but marginal applicants should look closely at who's preparing students the best for the exam.

Good Luck All

Reactions: 1 users
They are all counted the same way.Since you mentioned SCO their Part 1 passage rate went down from last year like a lot of schools.

Prospective students need to weigh these scores as they are the bedrock of why you are attending and should be top priority over facilities and possibly cost.

Top candidates probably have nothing to worry about but marginal applicants should look closely at who's preparing students the best for the exam.

Good Luck All

Just to clarify - they are not counted the same way and I think it's important we all know this before hearing how each school will "spin" just how great their scores are based on how their school reports the data. First time pass rates are all the same as they are just that, first time pass rates for all students. However, the ultimate pass rate is what I am referring to. Your ultimate pass rate should hopefully be higher if you can't graduate until you pass the boards. No school should have an asterisk. True data should be reported. So when you see a school listed as 100% at ultimate pass rate, it isn't just because they are a great school - its because you can't graduate until you pass the boards! No asterisk should be listed for any school. We all need to be savvy on this as we look at each program!

Please tell me what schools require passage of all three parts to graduate?One could say that a few schools have a slightly bolstered Part I and Part ll score percentile since their grads are 100% but in the pool of the whole student body it’s only a few ticks and hardly warrants declaring the data flawed.

I agree we need to be savvy and use the data and if you want to ding the schools requiring Parts I/II to whatever degree it hardly changes the facts glaring in one’s face in regards to the schools not doing well.

Dismissing the report would not be recommended

Good Luck All

Reactions: 1 user
Please tell me what schools require passage of all three parts to graduate?One could say that a few schools have a slightly bolstered Part I and Part ll score percentile since their grads are 100% but in the pool of the whole student body it’s only a few ticks and hardly warrants declaring the data flawed.

I agree we need to be savvy and use the data and if you want to ding the schools requiring Parts I/II to whatever degree it hardly changes the facts glaring in one’s face in regards to the schools not doing well.

Dismissing the report would not be recommended

Good Luck All

No school requires passage of all three parts to graduate and I didn't say that. What I did say was that some schools require you to pass certain parts of the boards before you are able to graduate. With an ultimate pass rate being taken from data of graduates only (that is to what ultimate refers to - at graduation), the data is most certainly skewed. Any slight tick upward is not fair in comparison to all schools. Just saying - it is truly not an equal comparison from school to school. I agree, much can and should be taken from the NBEO passage information, but be cautious as to the truth in the numbers.

How/Why did MCPHS get fully accredited?! Their rates did not improve at all