2017-2018 Goucher APPLICATION THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueskygreengrass

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a thread of the Goucher Postbac program for the 2017-2018 program. I recently applied and wanted to know if anyone else have? Anyone know what the response time is like when you apply this early?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'll be applying either over this weekend or the coming Monday! Wanted to wish you luck with everything & I'll keep you updated if I hear anything :)

Hi! I applied about two weeks ago, and got invited to an interview on Friday!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I applied about two weeks ago, and got invited to an interview on Friday!
Congrats and good luck! I'm surprised they give you such a short turnaround on the interview. Are you local to Baltimore?

i interviewed already but haven't heard anything back :( feeling dejected. anyone know what the turnaround is like for a decision? i assume it should be fast if they like you and would accept you. they responded to my application with an interview request really quickly.

i interviewed already but haven't heard anything back :( feeling dejected. anyone know what the turnaround is like for a decision? i assume it should be fast if they like you and would accept you. they responded to my application with an interview request really quickly.

when did you interview? I think they can take a few weeks to get back to you.

Kind of a strange question, but I took biology for my bachelor's degree. I know this is more of a career changer courseload, but it does say they consider people who have taken the courses over 7 years ago. Any knowledge on if that's possible with a health science related bac? Thanks!

Kind of a strange question, but I took biology for my bachelor's degree. I know this is more of a career changer courseload, but it does say they consider people who have taken the courses over 7 years ago. Any knowledge on if that's possible with a health science related bac? Thanks!
was that the only science course you took or did you take more of the pre requisites? what was your degree specifically? I called them a while back since I took general chemistry 1 when I was in college and they said only having one of the prerequisite courses done is fine especially since (in my case at least) it was six years ago

was that the only science course you took or did you take more of the pre requisites? what was your degree specifically? I called them a while back since I took general chemistry 1 when I was in college and they said only having one of the prerequisite courses done is fine especially since (in my case at least) it was six years ago
You answered my question! Thanks so much!

Just wanted to start a thread of the Goucher Postbac program for the 2017-2018 program. I recently applied and wanted to know if anyone else have? Anyone know what the response time is like when you apply this early?

Applied to Goucher less than 3 wks ago. All materials should be in by now. Awaiting a decision. Heard back from UVM today with an admission offer! Expecting responses from other programs. Please share any admission acceptances with us, including Goucher's if it happens! Best of luck to all waiting in suspense.

I interviewed at Goucher yesterday and I LOVED it. I am currently in at Hopkins and UVA....anyone have any opinions about the pros and cons about these programs?

I interviewed at Goucher yesterday and I LOVED it. I am currently in at Hopkins and UVA....anyone have any opinions about the pros and cons about these programs?
They are all good for someone who is a career changer. If you really want a linkage, Goucher probably has the most. Also, from what I've read elsewhere on sdn, class size is small and they really help you excel. If I hadn't taken my B.Sci. in biology, I would jump for that program.

Hopkins is fairly pricey and I personally don't enjoy that region of Baltimore....unless, of course you're taking the post-bacc in Rockville. Then, the rent is pricey, the traffic is not too fun, and you're right up against a cancer hospital.

UVA is an area I am unfamiliar with, so I can't help you with that one.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are all good for someone who is a career changer. If you really want a linkage, Goucher probably has the most. Also, from what I've read elsewhere on sdn, class size is small and they really help you excel. If I hadn't taken my B.Sci. in biology, I would jump for that program.

Hopkins is fairly pricey and I personally don't enjoy that region of Baltimore....unless, of course you're taking the post-bacc in Rockville. Then, the rent is pricey, the traffic is not too fun, and you're right up against a cancer hospital.

UVA is an area I am unfamiliar with, so I can't help you with that one.

Thanks, @DeepFriedWater, for your input!!

I still haven't heard back from Goucher. Interviewed over two weeks ago.

Got an acceptance to jhu though, which is nice.

Isnt jhu and goucher similarly priced?

I still haven't heard back from Goucher. Interviewed over two weeks ago.

Got an acceptance to jhu though, which is nice.

Isnt jhu and goucher similarly priced?
Wow congratulations on getting accepted to jhu. I really want to go to jhu, finishing up my application. But idk if ill be a strong candidate because of my low gpa. I have a lot of medical experiences tho. Can i ask how strong was your academic record and extra curricular experiences?

Congratulations in getting acceptedto hopkins. What is ur gpa if you dont mind me asking? Also how was the interview with jhu?

Hi all! Just wanted to let everyone know - my Goucher app was complete a week ago today and I was rejected for an interview today. Bummer news but on to the next applications, and good for you guys to know timelines!

Congratulations in getting acceptedto hopkins. What is ur gpa if you dont mind me asking? Also how was the interview with jhu?

Hi there, my undergraduate GPA is 3.97. The interview at JHU was not bad -- more of a conversation, and lots of opportunities for you to ask questions.

I was accepted to Goucher this week and am now deciding between Goucher and UVA! Anyone have any thoughts/input?

I submitted my application materials to Goucher on Sep.31 and just received today an email from Goucher notifying me that my application has not been selected for further consideration.

However, I have received interview invitations to both MEDPREP and GW's post bac program. Awaiting responses from UVA and Bryn Mawr.

Has anyone heard back from Bryn Mawr? My application has been complete since Oct. 2nd and I have yet to hear back.

Hi there, my undergraduate GPA is 3.97. The interview at JHU was not bad -- more of a conversation, and lots of opportunities for you to ask questions.

Hi! I'd love it if you could share a little bit more about what your JHU interview experience was like. Specific questions? How many rounds of interviews? Thanks!

Hi! Could you please share some specifics from both your Goucher and UVA interview? Questions asked and such. Thanks in advance!

I was accepted to Goucher this week and am now deciding between Goucher and UVA! Anyone have any thoughts/input?
Just based on research, Goucher is a more established & well known program. How important is linking to a medical school for you? Goucher has more linkage options so that's something to consider. That being said, people who have interviewed/studied at UVA said they loved it and the staff really knows what they are doing in terms of getting you to med school. UVA has two linkage agreements, and isn't as well known or established as Goucher. That being said, it seems students from both schools are happy where they are.

Just based on research, Goucher is a more established & well known program. How important is linking to a medical school for you? Goucher has more linkage options so that's something to consider. That being said, people who have interviewed/studied at UVA said they loved it and the staff really knows what they are doing in terms of getting you to med school. UVA has two linkage agreements, and isn't as well known or established as Goucher. That being said, it seems students from both schools are happy where they are.

Thanks! I accepted my Goucher offer this week, so Ill be going there next year!

Hi! Could you please share some specifics from both your Goucher and UVA interview? Questions asked and such. Thanks in advance!

Your usual post-bac questions...why medicine, why now. Just be prepared to talk extensively about anything in your resume/application. Good Luck!

I interview at JHU in two weeks, and I am so excited and a little nervous :) Can anyone give me a heads up on what to expect? I saw that two of you got in at JHU; so, I would love to know how your experience went.

Also, congrats to all of you that have already received offers! I only applied to JHU and UVA. My applications were completed at both at the end of November. JHU contacted me the following week, but UVA is dragging their feet on getting back to me. Since it is already mid-Jan. I am starting to think that they are nicely rejecting me. Has anyone else heard back from UVA after submitting their applications at the end of November?