2017-2018 LECOM - Seton Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you interview? I interviewed the week before Christmas and the portal still hasn't changed. I'm crossing my fingers it changes soon and I hear back quickly. I have another interview the first week of feb and want to find out before spending the money! They said that they would get back to us within 2 weeks. But that was before christmas. So I assumed 3 weeks. This is week 4, so I'm assuming news is around the corner.
I haven’t interviewed yet. I was just wondering when I would potentially find out.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed over 2 months ago and no response. Should I email them?

Hey everyone, anyone happen to be interviewing in March?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I also have an interview on 3/2. I was wondering if we are interviewing for the waitlist essentially and what the acceptance rate is after interview. Thanks!

Hello, I also have an interview on 3/2. I was wondering if we are interviewing for the waitlist essentially and what the acceptance rate is after interview. Thanks!
Yes, same here! I think we might still have a chance. Are you flying into Pitt and then driving down?

I think there are still a few spots left, but hopefully they'll let us know before the interview if there aren't. I'm from FL and I'm flying into Pitt Thursday and driving to Greensburg from there. If anyone is in town Thursday (3/1) and wants to meet up I'm probably exploring the town and getting dinner somewhere. It would be great to get a group and meet each other before interviews!

My portal changed on Monday! I wonder how long this will take? I interviewed the second week of December... Ahhh so tempted to call and ask!

Yes, same here! I think we might still have a chance. Are you flying into Pitt and then driving down?

Yup! I think i'll be doing that. I haven't really looked at the costs though... It'd be good get familiar with the faces before the group interview

ACEEPTED!!
I kept on getting alerts that Saif95 has posted on the LECOM thread... which caused me to keep track of you. Happy to see this!! Congrats!!!

Wait listed/alternate list. I'm disappointed, but it's better than a rejection!

Ahhhh! Im sorry for pestering everyone. Well best of luck to everyone else! Thank you!
Wasn't pestering- I decided to follow the thread, and this is the place for people to share their progress. Well done- look forward to seeing you on campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have advice on ATSU vs LECOM -SH? I was accepted pending an open seat at ATSU and wanted to weigh my option Incase I was given a seat this year.
I mean, kirksville is defineitly ranked higher than lecom.

Anyone have advice on ATSU vs LECOM -SH? I was accepted pending an open seat at ATSU and wanted to weigh my option Incase I was given a seat this year.
Looks like you are deciding between LECOM-SH and ATSU-SOMA.

I think some degree of it comes down to your personal preference, but as someone who turned down a II at ATSU-SOMA for LECOM-SH PBL, these were some of the more important factors for my decision between the two:

-I feel good about PBL
-LECOM PBL has less class time, more self-driven learning, which enables one to tailor studying for courses as they like, and for boards
-I have heard generally good things about LECOM SH rotations compared to ATSU-SOMA's
-LECOM board pass rates are higher
-Attending LECOM would save me 80k+
-LECOM has more established connections with GME, and is closer to lots of GME

this is in spite of ATSU-SOMA having:

-A rotation site that would be in the same city as my entire family
-beautiful pleasant nice fun warm hot Arizona weather for the first year or 18 months (can't remember)
-Connection with ATSU-KCOM, a very strong DO program
-Generally positive reviews from students I have spoken with about it

I was also scared of the condensed curriculum, in terms of board prep. But I'm sure either program will get you where you need to go, because you are the one that puts in the work. Good luck in your decision.

In my opinion recorded lectures > PBL (reading on your own). But also LECOM tuition > ATSU, but also ATSU SOMA weather> lecom. GO where you will feel comforatable

In my opinion recorded lectures > PBL (reading on your own). But also LECOM tuition > ATSU, but also ATSU SOMA weather> lecom. GO where you will feel comforatable
For anyone reading this in the future that could be confused: LECOM tuition is cheaper than ATSU's, so "greater than" in a "saves me $$$" sense :)

For anyone accepted how long did you have to make your deposit? It says within 30 days of your acceptance. Do they give you 30 days from receiving your acceptance letter which is 30 days after the decision +/- a couple days? Or from their actual decision date?

Last edited:
For anyone accepted how long did you have to make your deposit? It says within 30 days of your acceptance. Do they give you 30 days from receiving your acceptance letter which is 30 days after the decision +/- a couple days? Or from their actual decision date?
It is certainly not the decision date as that would give you like 0-5 days to send a deposit.

I believe it will list a date on your letter

Hey all, interviewing on Friday the 2nd! Are we interviewing for waitlist spots or do they interview into April? Best of luck to those who are also interviewing!

You get like 1/2 weeks. But call up the number on the bottom of your acceptance and they can usually give you an extension. Then once you submit it, they require a separate 500$ after 60 days and then you have a total of 90days to get all your required information in.
Good idea. I emailed the admissions office but calling would probably be more efficient for receiving an extension.

Did anyone from the feb 8th interview day get a portal change yet? Congrats to the recent acceptances!

Interviewed 02/08. Unsure when portal changed exactly but sometime last week. Received acceptance letter yesterday. 03/05

Reactions: 1 users
Just curious as I wonder if it was a mistake but did anyone get a notification saying thank you for notifying us of your decision to withdraw your application? I got it a couple weeks ago and although I've now been accepted somewhere else, I'm just wondering why I would have received it without ever having contacted the school.

Just curious as I wonder if it was a mistake but did anyone get a notification saying thank you for notifying us of your decision to withdraw your application? I got it a couple weeks ago and although I've now been accepted somewhere else, I'm just wondering why I would have received it without ever having contacted the school.
Probably didn't pay the deposit in time

I don't post on here much, but thought this information may be helpful for people interested in the APAP program. Submitted my secondary on 10/6, II on 12/28, interviewed at Seton Hill on 1/31, portal changed on 3/5, got the acceptance letter to APAP on 3/9 :) Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

I don't post on here much, but thought this information may be helpful for people interested in the APAP program. Submitted my secondary on 10/6, II on 12/28, interviewed at Seton Hill on 1/31, portal changed on 3/5, got the acceptance letter to APAP on 3/9 :) Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
If you interview at SH, is it definitely for a seat at SH?

No you rank your pathway. PBL is the only pathway offered at SH but you can choose another pathway as your first choice. At my interview they stated it counts as an interview for Erie as well.

At the end of the interview day you have to rank the pathways you are interested in. SH is PBL only, so if you interview there and rank the PBL pathway as your #1 choice, then you will probably be placed at the SH campus. You could rank one of the other pathways as your #1 and then you could have a chance at being placed in Erie if you get in.

Also, on my interview day they told us that if you start at SH in the PBL pathway and decide that you want the lecture-based pathway instead, you can request to transfer to the LDP pathway in Erie (but they made it clear it would have to be within the first half of the semester or something like that). It's not guaranteed, from what I understand, but it's possible.

At the end of the interview day you have to rank the pathways you are interested in. SH is PBL only, so if you interview there and rank the PBL pathway as your #1 choice, then you will probably be placed at the SH campus. You could rank one of the other pathways as your #1 and then you could have a chance at being placed in Erie if you get in.

Also, on my interview day they told us that if you start at SH in the PBL pathway and decide that you want the lecture-based pathway instead, you can request to transfer to the LDP pathway in Erie (but they made it clear it would have to be within the first half of the semester or something like that). It's not guaranteed, from what I understand, but it's possible.
Got it, thanks both of you for the explanation.

Withdrawing my acceptance, hopefully it goes to one of you!

Turned in all of my paperwork on Friday. Just need to send in my final deposit.

1) I do not know LECOM's policy regarding speeding tickets, but I would bet a lot of money that if you choose to attend LECOM and have nothing else come up, you will be next to me on day 1.
2) Could consider editing your post as it could be identifying to LECOM (I doubt they spend much time on SDN but always better safe than sorry in my opinion).

So...I'm interviewing on Friday 3/23. Any chance there are still open spots? Anyone else interviewing? Tips anyone?

Anyone know their policy on speeding tickets? (man typing it really puts my paranoia about it into perspective) and should I call just to make sure everything has been received or should I chill?

If speeding is the worst thing you’ve ever done— and we’re not talking 75 in a school zone that actually was recorded as reckless driving or something— you’ll be fine.

Give them a while to get everything together before you call. If it’s already been a week or two, might not be a bad idea to call/email and make sure everything got there okay.

For anyone who recently received a decision, how long was your post-interview wait time? I interviewed at SH, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference in decision time.

yeah I talked to betsy on wednesday and said that it shouldnt be problem unless it was a DUI or something like that. She said it shouldnt be an issue. I got everything in and she said that she is just waiting for the Background check and Drug screen to be processed by security and then ill be set. Time to submit my final deposit on Monday!

This week should be the last of what I need to turn in, and then its time to hit the relaxation button till classes begin!

Anyone have a timeline of when they plan to move to the area? I was thinking I would move in the beggining of July to get settled in.

Also, does anyone know if there is a possibility of having job while in school? my parents think its a possibility, but I HIGHLY doubt it. Itll be good to not work during the school year since thats all I did throughout undergrad.
Moving beginning of July.

I have never seen anyone endorse having a job while in med school. At the very least, I would at least get through the first semester to see if you are staying afloat, then apply for jobs for second semester. I know that I won't be getting an alternate job during med school, though.

Withdrew my acceptance offer today from SH, hope it goes to someone eagerly waiting :) Good luck!

Received a “continued interest/would you accept if offered” email this morning for Seton Hill.. waitlisted back in Feb. Anyone else get something similar?
Nope. Still waiting for a decision. That might be a good sign for you if you're still interested in attending.

Did anyone who interviewed in March received a decision?

I had a friend who interviewed in march, i believe and his portal just changed on Monday. So Im hoping good news for him. If its been a couple of weeks, I would call them and double check to see where that letter is at. Unless you live in the backwoods of Alaska, I would imagine a week or two would be the max before you hear back. My portal changed on a Monday in January and then I got the letter on that Friday. I only live 6 hours away, so I guess I cant extrapolate my experience to others.
Do you know what day he interviewed in march?

FYI, for you accepted folks, there’s a “LECOM Seton Hill Class of 2022” Facebook page set up for you to start to connect with your class. Helpful now for housing and other questions, later it’s helpful for classes or reminders or FYIs. Congrats for those of you accepted, and Good Luck to those of you still waiting!

My portal updated either yesterday or today. Interviewed in January

Interviewed at Seton Hill March 26th. Still waiting for a portal change. Anyone else still waiting?