2017-2018 LECOM - Seton Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Second one..scheduled for 9/11!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
What time do the interviews normally end?

Seton Hill, Interview 8/15

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think the email says that interview day typically ends at 1 or 1:30pm

Thank you. I saw that on the email so I just wanted to confirm before I booked my flight from Pittsburgh that day!

Still haven't gotten the email yet but I have an II on the admissions portal and scheduled for 7-sept-17. Wooo! First one!

Reactions: 1 users
I am thinking of adding this school but I dont see it in AACOMAS. Is it through the Erie campus?

I am thinking of adding this school but I dont see it in AACOMAS. Is it through the Erie campus?

I was confused, either. You could submit your primary to Erie at AACOMAS, and then when LECOM has sent you over the secondary, you could select which campus is your first choice and which one is second (both Erie and Seton Hill campuses are in the same application, for the same price, which is great.)

Hey guys, I'm also interviewing on 8/24! Does anyone know the best way to get from the airport to the Seton Hill area and back other than renting a car? I'm landing around 5:15 pm in Pitt on 8/23 and leaving at 5:45 pm on 8/24 if anyone wants to coordinate rides!

Hey guys, I'm also interviewing on 8/24! Does anyone know the best way to get from the airport to the Seton Hill area and back other than renting a car? I'm landing around 5:15 pm in Pitt on 8/23 and leaving at 5:45 pm on 8/24 if anyone wants to coordinate rides!

Unfortunately, renting a car is likely your best bet. There's a shuttle to Greensburg from the airport, but it's neither frequent nor cheap. I believe it's possible to get there via public transportation to Pittsburgh and then to Greensburg, but it would take forever and might not work with your flight times.

does the pbl instructor have a say on admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone comment on what the interviews are like here? I have mine next week and wanting to prepare. Is it still two interviewers and a small group of interviewees? Open or closed file?

Thanks

Can anyone comment on what the interviews are like here? I have mine next week and wanting to prepare. Is it still two interviewers and a small group of interviewees? Open or closed file?

Thanks

Intro speeches, half of the interview group is given a PBL demonstration, half of interview group is given a group interview, swap, lunch, campus tour, done!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

(deleted)

Last edited:
During interview day, will SH give a brief overview of the other learning modes available at other campuses? I'm torn between PBL and traditional classroom.

During interview day, will SH give a brief overview of the other learning modes available at other campuses? I'm torn between PBL and traditional classroom.
They did for me at my interview yesterday. It was a little rushed though because they were running out of time and the powerpoint presentation had technical issues so a lot of it was verbal and probably some of it was missed.

They did for me at my interview yesterday. It was a little rushed though because they were running out of time and the powerpoint presentation had technical issues so a lot of it was verbal and probably some of it was missed.
What did you think of the interview day overall and how did you rank your choices?

Can someone provide their insight on the group interview itself? i.e. How you recommend preparing?

Had an interview here recently. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone provide their insight on the group interview itself? i.e. How you recommend preparing?
It was relatively relaxed. There were 2 interviewers and 7 interviewees in my group. There was simple introductions and then conversational questions. Not much about ethics, healthcare or personal applications. They emphasized that if you're being interviewed, they already believe you can handle the rigor of medical school, what they're really interested in how you work in a team environment. What worked for me at Seton Hill (granted I deferred to hear a decision from them until after November, so I'm not accepted... yet ;)...) was to look at the schools interview questions in the interview feedback section under SDN resources and come up with a general idea of what I would say without creating a script or memorizing my answer. You could definitely tell the difference between the individuals who had a robotic scripted answer ready on the fly from the ones who knew what they wanted to say without it being memorized and still yet from the ones who had no idea what to say and didn't know what questions were coming. When it comes time for your to interview, make it a point to be heard but be a team player and try not to overpower the situation.

If anyone is looking for a place to stay, message me regarding airbnb! I'll likely be able to give you a ride as well to the school (live 5 minutes away)

Good Luck!

Question about the early decision program:

So I asked to be notified by September 30th. So heres a quick question: if i were to be accepted and then a few days later receive an acceptance from a different school, I am not obligated to pay Lecom the 1500 if I decide to go to the other school, correct? Its only if I dont pay within those 30 days that I will lose my seat.

By the way: had my interview and I was blown away by the school. I absolutely loved itp

Question about the early decision program:

So I asked to be notified by September 30th. So heres a quick question: if i were to be accepted and then a few days later receive an acceptance from a different school, I am not obligated to pay Lecom the 1500 if I decide to go to the other school, correct? Its only if I dont pay within those 30 days that I will lose my seat.

By the way: had my interview and I was blown away by the school. I absolutely loved itp
That's the impression I got yes

Okay cause some people in my group said it was a contract that said you were going to pay the $1500 no matter what. And thats not what I understood by it
Nope! I asked about it and they told me that if the amount was not paid within that time period, the seat would be lost.

Anybody hear anything back yet, post interview? (Past years feel free to comment if you heard anything before 9/30). Thanks

Anybody hear anything back yet, post interview? (Past years feel free to comment if you heard anything before 9/30). Thanks
Nothing yet and I was in the first interview group at SH!

A bit late but II as well yesterday-submitted secondary 7/4.

I'm interested to hear other folks opinions on this school. When I went for my II, most LECOM students liked that the school had cheap tuition but couldn't really come up with much else. Their biggest gripe was administration support.

I'm interested to hear other folks opinions on this school. When I went for my II, most LECOM students liked that the school had cheap tuition but couldn't really come up with much else. Their biggest gripe was administration support.

Last edited:
I personally wasn't very impressed with the interview day, there was NO time for questions at any point. The students didn't seem happy there. I did enjoy the PBL demonstration

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else have secondary confirmation at the end of June and no II? Lizzy M 60-64 for reference

II! Complete some time in July/early August.

Does anyone know what the greensburg area is like. Is it a good town?

I personally wasn't very impressed with the interview day, there was NO time for questions at any point. The students didn't seem happy there. I did enjoy the PBL demonstration
I can 100% agree with this. I asked students why they chose it and they were very negative and said it's because that's the only place they got into. Their match list is good and LECOM ends up graduating great physicians but it truly comes down to what you want you medical school experience to be like, I think.

II today, complete mid-August. I'm sad to hear not many students seem happy but I honestly like the idea of PBL. It seems like it would be a good fit for how I learn. Also, not a ton of time in a classroom which is a plus.

I don't think its PBL that make people unhappy. Most of the students I ran into loved PBL. It was the administration and rules and the 3rd year rotation set up that they didn't like

For people who did the early decision to hear back by September 30th, has anyone heard anything or had any updates on the portal?

I am scheduled to interview here in November but I am debating whether I should or not. I am not too excited about the campus not having a cadaver lab.

I am scheduled to interview here in November but I am debating whether I should or not. I am not too excited about the campus not having a cadaver lab.

Try to reschedule in Erie and rank LDP as your #1 then, unless you already have acceptances.

I don't think its PBL that make people unhappy. Most of the students I ran into loved PBL. It was the administration and rules and the 3rd year rotation set up that they didn't like
It's a pretty stressful time on campus right now for both years. First years are in the middle of the tough anatomy block, and second years are starting to figure out where they want to do their rotations the next two years. I think that probably explains a lot of the unhappiness you saw on interview day. Most of the people I know are happy with their education here, with minor gripes about administration that every student is going to have about their school occasionally.

It's a pretty stressful time on campus right now for both years. First years are in the middle of the tough anatomy block, and second years are starting to figure out where they want to do their rotations the next two years. I think that probably explains a lot of the unhappiness you saw on interview day. Most of the people I know are happy with their education here, with minor gripes about administration that every student is going to have about their school occasionally.
Oh yeah, my experience on interview day wasn't bad at all. The students I met seemed really happy. They said their only complaint is with administration. Other than that, they were extremely happy. It sold me