2017-2018 SUNY - Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback
SUNY Buffalo Interview Feedback
Interviewed at SUNY Buffalo? Complete an Interview Feedback Survey!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
secondary received, attempted to submit (no essay, yay!) but it's saying i havent paid yet. already did (still $65, yay again!)

Members don't see this ad :)
secondary received, attempted to submit (no essay, yay!) but it's saying i havent paid yet. already did (still $65, yay again!)
i just tried and it was functioning fine, maybe a glitch. Thanks buffalo for easy secondary!

Reactions: 1 user
Received and submitted! Good luck all!

i just tried and it was functioning fine, maybe a glitch. Thanks buffalo for easy secondary!
Just an update- I called to make sure everything was fine, because I paid and submitted but it's still saying I haven't paid, admissions said that they got about 400 yesterday and they have to manually add each one in, so it may be a while. As long as you have your receipt it should be fine though!

Hi guys! This may be a dumb question but on the secondary the question about online classes does that include classes taken online through your regular college, or classes only through other institutions? Thanks!

Can someone please post what the secondary for buffalo asks for? Any essays?Thanks!

added this school bc it has no secondary essays! lets do this

Members don't see this ad :)
II I LITERALLY CANT BREATHE OMG

Reactions: 1 users
Wow congrats! I have no idea when is gonna be my turn especially with that random process. Would you mind sharing your stats?
Sure! LM is just shy of a 70, Gpa is 3.7-3.8 for both science and cumulative, and MCAT is a 512. Yeah I definitely wasn't expecting to hear back this fast because of the random process.

Edit: I'm IS :)

Y'all be killin it!

For the recent II's, do you mind sharing when you were complete?

7/10 :) but it doesn't exactly matter because they go by a random selection process to review applications.

Also waiting to win the Buffalo Med School lottery... x)

It's like they thought HEY how can we make this process even more stressful than writing essays. Oh! I Know! Let's make it completely random! That'll show 'em *diabolical laughter*

I kid of course x)

I have not heard of this random process that UB uses. Can you please elaborate?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wh

When you submit the secondary they tell you they use a compltely random process as to when they go through your application. You could literally be the best candidate they've ever seen and still not get looked at until the end of the cycle.

UB doesn't review applications in the order they are received. They randomly select the order to review, so there isn't a strong correlation between complete date and review.

Thanks. That makes me feel slightly better about not being completed. I have submitted everything I can, but my schools pre med committee letter packet isn't guaranteed to be done until "early august"

I was complete on 7/6 and my MCAT is kinda low so I'm surprised. I'm thinking I was one of the first because maybe at that time they didn't have a very large random pool to choose from? Idk lol

incoming M1 here, the random process means that they randomly select applications from the pool they have received to review. Timing has no impact on your chances of getting in - they do not fill their class until their last round of interviews is complete. It is a somewhat stressful process given how long the wait can be (I was complete in early July, did not interview until the January). But, they inform you of the committee's decision after your interview the next day- so they make up for it! Best of luck to all of you and I hope you join our class here next year!

incoming M1 here, the random process means that they randomly select applications from the pool they have received to review. Timing has no impact on your chances of getting in - they do not fill their class until their last round of interviews is complete. It is a somewhat stressful process given how long the wait can be (I was complete in early July, did not interview until the January). But, they inform you of the committee's decision after your interview the next day- so they make up for it! Best of luck to all of you and I hope you join our class here next year!
Thanks for the explanation! If you don't mind me asking, how long after they sent you your acceptance did you have to send them your decision? Just curious.

Thanks for the explanation! If you don't mind me asking, how long after they sent you your acceptance did you have to send them your decision? Just curious.
Most schools give you one to two weeks to put down your tuition deposit, but they are completely refundable if you decide not to go there! So, my philosophy was accept any offer you get and then make your final decision later (May 1st is the deadline to pick your final choice)

Most schools give you one to two weeks to put down your tuition deposit, but they are completely refundable if you decide not to go there! So, my philosophy was accept any offer you get and then make your final decision later (May 1st is the deadline to pick your final choice)
Oh wow okay!! Thanks! That's a relief lol

Oh wow okay!! Thanks! That's a relief lol

Also, first acceptances will not be released until October 15th for any MD school. This is the first date that AAMC allows them to send an acceptance. So you won't have to worry about UB making any decisions the day after a September interview.

Also, first acceptances will not be released until October 15th for any MD school. This is the first date that AAMC allows them to send an acceptance. So you won't have to worry about UB making any decisions the day after a September interview.
Got it. Thanks for the info :happy:

Is there a way to check the status of your application? I submitted my app and paid but every time I log back in it brings me to the application and prompts me to fill it out/submit again as if I havent yet. Is this happening to anybody else?

Is there a way to check the status of your application? I submitted my app and paid but every time I log back in it brings me to the application and prompts me to fill it out/submit again as if I havent yet. Is this happening to anybody else?
same thing happened to me, but then when I checked my status it said submitted. I think its just a glitch on their end.

Hmmm, tells me my application is incomplete, but they've received the secondary. Uh oh

Nope! But I decided to email them. They're super nice and got back to me right away! Turns out they are swamped with apps, but my application is already complete.

Nope! But I decided to email them. They're super nice and got back to me right away! Turns out they are swamped with apps, but my application is already complete.
Oh nice!!!! Glad it worked out

Did everyone who submitted their secondary receive a completed email? I am having trouble logging back in and viewing my application status it takes me to the beginning page as though I haven't completed it...

I got a Complete email 2 weeks after I submitted my Secondary. Just fyi! Fingers crossed!!