2017-2018 SUNY - Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what the GPA/ MCAT cutoffs are? I am a NY resident if that has any impact. I can't seem to find the data on their website.

People who got IIs do you mind sharing when you were verified complete? I got a complete email 2 weeks after submitting..

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any of you know where I would be able to submit 'additional' information and/or if the admission team will actually take this into consideration? Most of the other schools have tabs on the secondary where you can update admissions about certain things you do throughout the year. Does anything like that exist for Buffalo?

Do any of you know where I would be able to submit 'additional' information and/or if the admission team will actually take this into consideration? Most of the other schools have tabs on the secondary where you can update admissions about certain things you do throughout the year. Does anything like that exist for Buffalo?
Buffalo doesn't accept additional info

II just now! IS 517 3.8 Complete email received 7/31

I pressed submit but the email instructions say not to do anything after if you have a fee waiver, but the status checker says it's not received yet. What do I do!?

I pressed submit but the email instructions say not to do anything after if you have a fee waiver, but the status checker says it's not received yet. What do I do!?
it will take a while after submitting since they change it manually. Sit tight and smoke some hookah ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG II just now-- my first one!!! I'm over the moon!!:soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users
II this morning! OOS and LizzyM 66. Kinda feel like it's a fluke, but I ain't complaining!

Reactions: 4 users
II today! I'm in state, complete 8/21/17

Reactions: 3 users
Received II about an hour ago (OOS). Complete 8/10. Very excited to tour this campus and meet with faculty.

Ugh I really would love an II from here!!!!!!

Ugh I really would love an II from here!!!!!!

+1

...It's my 4th time applying here and I hope that they have sympathy in their hearts for someone who may lose at something 4 times.

+1

...It's my 4th time applying here and I hope that they have sympathy in their hearts for someone who may lose at something 4 times.
I hate their random process!!!

+1

I'm a 3rd time applicant here, I have a feeling me and you are gonna get accepted this cycle :D

I hate their random process!!!
I actually think its kind of helpful. If it is truly "random" (which I personally don't believe...), it should make us calm down. 528+4.0+HYP undergrad has the same likelihood of being reviewed with a more humble application...none of this "let's interview the top tier candidates first and follow up with bums for our waitlist..." mentality that most other medical schools incorporate

I actually think its kind of helpful. If it is truly "random" (which I personally don't believe...), it should make us calm down. 528+4.0+HYP undergrad has the same likelihood of being reviewed with a more humble application...none of this "let's interview the top tier candidates first and follow up with bums for our waitlist..." mentality that most other medical schools incorporate

As much as I'd like to believe this, I don't think this really what happens. It could easily be random, but in a different way. For example, they could devise everyone into tiers based on MCAT and GPA and randomly select from each tier, starting with the top tier. So the people with the highest stats get chosen first, but randomly. Anyways, I'm just speculating aha

As much as I'd like to believe this, I don't think this really what happens. It could easily be random, but in a different way. For example, they could devise everyone into tiers based on MCAT and GPA and randomly select from each tier, starting with the top tier. So the people with the highest stats get chosen first, but randomly. Anyways, I'm just speculating aha
That's literally what I was thinking. Additionally, I think they categorize all the reapplicants into a separate pool which they also "Randomly Review." lol

II! IS LM76 Complete 8/7

Is anyone interviewing this Wednesday?
also can any oos medical students tell me what is the process of gaining New York residency?

Complete since beginning of July. Im losing hope from Buffalo :(

Is anyone interviewing this Wednesday?
also can any oos medical students tell me what is the process of gaining New York residency?

I am! I'll be there tuesday night --come get wings!

Is there a get together the day before the interview?

Is there a way to check your application status at this school?

no, it states interview when you get one and the date. post-interview, it tells you your status (accept, waitlist, etc.)
Woops okay! That is good to know. Mines said complete forever.

Does anybody know if Buffalo does open, blind, or partially blind interviews? I may have overlooked something, but I couldn't find it in the handout information they provided.

Does anybody know if Buffalo does open, blind, or partially blind interviews? I may have overlooked something, but I couldn't find it in the handout information they provided.

They have everything except GPA and MCAT

Complete since beginning of July. Im losing hope from Buffalo :(
Same here, I was banking on this school. But I've heard this school doesn't do rolling admissions, so someone who submitted in September can get reviewed before us.

II! OOS. So thrilled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Would any of y'all west coast interviewees mind pm'ing me? I have some questions about travel plans.