2017-2018 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seeing the trend there might be a chance of hearing back today .. Interview 11/1 .. Clear them portals!

Any fellow MD/PhD applicants who are interviewing during this upcoming December 10-12 slot? When I got my II back in August, the email said I'd get the list of labs that I would visit close to the interview date. Anyone get this yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who interviewed here recently please msg me :)

Anyone who had the hold for re-review status here anything after?

Reactions: 1 user
Any fellow MD/PhD applicants who are interviewing during this upcoming December 10-12 slot? When I got my II back in August, the email said I'd get the list of labs that I would visit close to the interview date. Anyone get this yet?

Never mind, literally just got it.

Anyone know if Upstate releases their post-interview decisions in bunches versus a steady stream of replies?

I interviewed 23/10 and haven't heard back yet... has anyone else who interviewed around then or before not heard anything as well? I'm not sure if they're behind on the schedule they said, or if I should contact them.

I interviewed 23/10 and haven't heard back yet... has anyone else who interviewed around then or before not heard anything as well? I'm not sure if they're behind on the schedule they said, or if I should contact them.
I interviewed 10/18 and have yet to hear a peep

accepted today! :) (interviewed nov 1)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Completely shocked, accepted. 11/1 interview. Portal must have cleared and updated at same time.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone who had the hold for re-review status here anything after?
I deleted that email by accident... I remember it said they will re-review or let us know decision by Dec 5th right? Can you confirm?

did anyone get a straight up rejection and not the hold notification?

Rejected last night at 12:02am.
Was on preinterview hold since September
LizzyM 68.5
Complete second week of july

Accepted today! Interviewed 23/11. I haven't gotten an email yet though.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, out of curiosity, is there a facebook page for those who intend to attend Upstate in August? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
I have my first interview here next week and I am so nervous! I've wanted this so badly for long, and with this school in particular. Congrats to all of those recently accepted! I hope we'll be classmates next year!

I have my first interview here next week and I am so nervous! I've wanted this so badly for long, and with this school in particular. Congrats to all of those recently accepted! I hope we'll be classmates next year!
Good luck! I enjoyed the whole day a lot more than I thought I would. Just try to relax and have fun with it :) I'm sure you'll do great!

For those who got notified of acceptances on the online portal, when did you get your acceptance email? I haven't gotten an email yet about the decision and it's been more than 2 days, I'm worried the portal is a mistake lol

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck! I enjoyed the whole day a lot more than I thought I would. Just try to relax and have fun with it :) I'm sure you'll do great!

For those who got notified of acceptances on the online portal, when did you get your acceptance email? I haven't gotten an email yet about the decision and it's been more than 2 days, I'm worried the portal is a mistake lol

Thank you so much! It's always appreciated when someone calms your nerves a little. :) And congratulations on your acceptance! I'm sure it is no mistake. Lol

Can anyone talk about their interview day itinerary? I couldn't find a schedule anywhere. Thank you in advance!

Can anyone talk about their interview day itinerary? I couldn't find a schedule anywhere. Thank you in advance!

For the morning interview, arrive at the hall at 8:45 am. Aim for a little earlier- my group was all there at least 10-15 minutes before, and then there was me who showed up on the dot. There was a very brief introduction and then we went straight to the MMI, which was about an hour or so. After the interview there's lunch (where the afternoon interviewees join). Lunch is followed by a tour of some of the buildings and campus, and then the morning people are done and the afternoon people go for their MMI. I was completely done by 1 pm.

For the morning interview, arrive at the hall at 8:45 am. Aim for a little earlier- my group was all there at least 10-15 minutes before, and then there was me who showed up on the dot. There was a very brief introduction and then we went straight to the MMI, which was about an hour or so. After the interview there's lunch (where the afternoon interviewees join). Lunch is followed by a tour of some of the buildings and campus, and then the morning people are done and the afternoon people go for their MMI. I was completely done by 1 pm.

Thank you so much!!! Really appreciate it!!!

Checked my portal last Friday and got the "congrats on being accepted" message. Paid the deposit right away (received a confirmation email) but never received any official acceptance email since then... Nothing in mail yet. Is this normal?

Checked my portal last Friday and got the "congrats on being accepted" message. Paid the deposit right away (received a confirmation email) but never received any official acceptance email since then... Nothing in mail yet. Is this normal?
I didn't pay the deposit and I still have yet to receive an email. (Do they send emails?)

The official email arrived five days after I paid my deposit (it's titled Thank you for your deposit) and I think the mail packet came like a week after that.

The official email arrived five days after I paid my deposit (it's titled Thank you for your deposit) and I think the mail packet came like a week after that.

Also after I paid my deposit my portal says "Thanks for your deposit". Then the message disappeared and portal clears... weird. Does this happen to you too? Thanks!

Hmm I never checked! I just looked now & it's all clear. Don't fear, in a month you'll get a link to a whole other student portal to check neurotically (;

Hmm I never checked! I just looked now & it's all clear. Don't fear, in a month you'll get a link to a whole other student portal to check neurotically (;

Thanks a lot! I know I sound neurotic ;) just still can't believe it's real

I didn't pay the deposit and I still have yet to receive an email. (Do they send emails?)

I was notified through email on the 7th. Then again, I don't really check any of my portals unless I'm specifically told to complete a task or something.
I received my packet today (11th) through snail mail.
They say you have to pay the deposit within 15 days of your acceptance (I'm not sure if they mean email or snail mail or portal?). I just paid mine.

Hey all! For the MMI at Upstate, will the prompts on the outside of each room explicitly state whether or not it is a role playing station or general answer/discussion station? Thanks!!

Hey all! For the MMI at Upstate, will the prompts on the outside of each room explicitly state whether or not it is a role playing station or general answer/discussion station? Thanks!!

Yep, it’s all super clear. They even kind of prep you beforehand and give you detailed instructions. You’ll know exactly what you have to do. No worries.

Yep, it’s all super clear. They even kind of prep you beforehand and give you detailed instructions. You’ll know exactly what you have to do. No worries.

That's fantastic. Thank you so much for responding and the reassurance!!

Does anyone know if Upstate accepts pre-II updates? I'm on hold, and they said re-review starts in December. I'm thinking it might be worth sending something right about now.
+1