2017-2018 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do they meet every other wednesday? I haven't gotten an II and trying to gauge when they might be sending more out

Yes, every other Wednesday. They usually make a decision at that meeting and then snail mail the results out by the end of that week.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
do they meet every other wednesday? I haven't gotten an II and trying to gauge when they might be sending more out

It sucks they wait this long. I'd rather have a R than wait all season for an R. I'm IS and completed early September.

Anyone knows when the next batch of decisions coming out? Interviewed early February..

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone knows when the next batch of decisions coming out? Interviewed early February..

They meet every other Wednesday (they met this week), so if you were not reviewed at the prior adcom meeting on 2/14, then hopefully you were reviewed during the meeting two days ago!

Reactions: 1 users
Best of luck to everyone that is expecting a decision this week by mail!!

Reactions: 5 users
Cancelled my II recently. I hope it helps someone. Best wishes everybody!

Are there any current students who can comment on the pre-matriculation program here?

My post II decision letter was postmarked on 2/16 and didn't reach the west coast until 2/28.

Does anyone know how they notify applicants when they are accepted off of the waitlist? Email? Snail mail? Both?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how they notify applicants when they are accepted off of the waitlist? Email? Snail mail? Both?
My friend who was taken off the waitlist last year was notified by email

Interviews conclude this week apparently FYI

For those that got a decision, how long after you interviewed did it take to receive the decision? And was it emailed or letter? I have heard you get both, curious as to which mode of communication to watch for the first sign of news though. Thanks

Interviewed early Feb.

Received alternate list decision. Lizzy M:69, OOS, ORM (white male), thought interview went very well. Wonder if there are even any spots left?

Interviewed early Feb.

Received alternate list decision. Lizzy M:69, OOS, ORM (white male), thought interview went very well. Wonder if there are even any spots left?

Did you get the extra letter saying you were ranked very highly on the waitlist?

Alternate list with no extra letter. Is this pretty much a rejection considering I wont be in the upper third or whatever they call it

Alternate list with no extra letter. Is this pretty much a rejection considering I wont be in the upper third or whatever they call it

I had the same letter indicating that the admissions committee recommended I be placed on the alternate list (unranked) after my interview in late January. I think it means our overall application scored high enough to not be outright rejected, but we didn't score enough to be accepted or be given the "very high on the waitlist."

I thought my interview went very well as well so I was disappointed about the waitlist. I think this means we can still be in the TOP THIRD but they have to wait until everyone is finished interviewing and scored to decide.

I had the same letter indicating that the admissions committee recommended I be placed on the alternate list (unranked) after my interview in late January. I think it means our overall application scored high enough to not be outright rejected, but we didn't score enough to be accepted or be given the "very high on the waitlist."

I thought my interview went very well as well so I was disappointed about the waitlist. I think this means we can still be in the TOP THIRD but they have to wait until everyone is finished interviewing and scored to decide.

Yeah I hope youre right

For those who have received decisions..did you get an email after getting the snail mail?

it seems like all of the recent correspondence has been to notify applicants of a waitlist. has anyone been accepted recently?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

it seems like all of the recent correspondence has been to notify applicants of a waitlist. has anyone been accepted recently?

Maybe they want to keep their acceptance rate low this year and just go down the waitlist?

Hey SDNers -- has anyone received an acceptance in the second half of February and March?

Thanks!

Has anyone received their financial aid packet yet?

Ok..so just got my letter..waitlisted..Are we required to send a reply? The letter doesn't say anything abt replying..

Feb. 14 interview. No snail mail yet. Window blinds are wearing down nicely though.

Feb. 14 interview. No snail mail yet. Window blinds are wearing down nicely though.

i'm assuming that you were not reviewed on 2/28, but rather 3/14. in which case, hopefully your letter comes this week! in what region do you live?

O-HI-O!
Just doing my part to calm some nerves.

Reactions: 1 users
It just says waitlist..nothing abt priority or rank

Also waitlisted with no priority or rank.

Usually people with the waitlist letter also received a second letter stating that they were ranked "very high on our waitlist." My letter doesn't even mention waitlist and just calls it the unranked alternate list. Maybe they're just sending waitlist letters out now and ditched the ambiguous alternate list letter.