2017-2018 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Usually people with the waitlist letter also received a second letter stating that they were ranked "very high on our waitlist." My letter doesn't even mention waitlist and just calls it the unranked alternate list. Maybe they're just sending waitlist letters out now and ditched the ambiguous alternate list letter.

My letter reads that “the Admissions Committee rated your application and recommends that you remain on an alternate list at this time.”

Further down the letter, states that I will receive a letter by mid-May regarding my status on the alternate list based on overall rankings by ADCOM.

Reactions: 2 users
My letter reads that “the Admissions Committee rated your application and recommends that you remain on an alternate list at this time.”

Further down the letter, states that I will receive a letter by mid-May regarding my status on the alternate list based on overall rankings by ADCOM.
Who also received this same letter recently or in the past?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the R. IS 511/3.6. I think mt research focus kinda scared them away but who knows.

Yeah looks like they are just waitlisting nearly everyone post II at this point. Maybe they want to keep their acceptance rate as low as possible this year by just going down the waitlist (it affects their US news ranking lol?).

Last edited:
Yeah looks like they are just waitlisting nearly everyone post II at this point. Maybe they want to keep their acceptance rate as low as possible this year by just going down the waitlist (it affects their US news ranking lol?).
Saw rejections early in this thread post-interview so who knows. Crazy to think that we can get a letter in Mid-May that is either top 1/3, mid 1/3, bottom 1/3, or rejected after waiting that long.

Saw rejections early in this thread post-interview so who knows. Crazy to think that we can get a letter in Mid-May that is either top 1/3, mid 1/3, bottom 1/3, or rejected after waiting that long.

It's all based on our application score now.

Crazy to think that you could have an application score now that would not even place you on the waitlist and they will still withhold that information until mid-May.
no post-interview rejections have taken place??

no post-interview rejections have taken place??
No post interview rejections have definitely happened, but people have been placed on the alternate/waitlist and when notified of their position in May, they were told that they were no longer being considered.

Crazy to think that you could have an application score now that would not even place you on the waitlist and they will still withhold that information until mid-May.

They're probably just waiting to see everyone's final score before booting the people who don't make the cut for bottom third :(

Members don't see this ad :)
still waiting for my snail mail letter after my interview, and i just got an email congratulating me for completing my fafsa, which i completed months ago... SUCH A TEASE

still waiting for my snail mail letter after my interview, and i just got an email congratulating me for completing my fafsa, which i completed months ago... SUCH A TEASE
LOL..just got the same email abt FAFSA..

Last edited:
I got the fafsa email too. I made an account and am filling out the application but I'm kind of confused on the Enrollment Information section. For the question that asks what is your program of interest, what are you guys putting? Medical school or degree isn't an option and none of the other options suffice I don't feel like? (they're all certificates or public health or pharmacology/toxicology)

I got the fafsa email too. I made an account and am filling out the application but I'm kind of confused on the Enrollment Information section. For the question that asks what is your program of interest, what are you guys putting? Medical school or degree isn't an option and none of the other options suffice I don't feel like? (they're all certificates or public health or pharmacology/toxicology)
I created the acount but ddnt do anything else.. R we supposed to fill out an application??

I created the acount but ddnt do anything else.. R we supposed to fill out an application??
The application is weird - I filled out all the information required, but that particular section confuses me, so I'm not submitting anything yet. It says to submit it, we have to pay a nonrefundable $10 fee. Still not 100% sure what the app is for, but I'm assuming finaid? Not sure.

I think that "application" is for "admissions." It seems as though they will have an applicant portal moving forward.

I think that "application" is for "admissions." It seems as though they will have an applicant portal moving forward.
So we'd need to fill out the application to gain access to that portal?

So we'd need to fill out the application to gain access to that portal?

It's unclear. My hunch is that the portal will be used for applicants moving forward, so that we do not need to join this portal. I think there is likely a separate portal for accepted students that would have this information.

It's unclear. My hunch is that the portal will be used for applicants moving forward, so that we do not need to join this portal. I think there is likely a separate portal for accepted students that would have this information.
I guess that would make sense bc the MD program isn't even an option under the "what is your program of interest

I guess that would make sense bc the MD program isn't even an option under the "what is your program of interest

exactly. i would imagine there is a Boonshoft specific portal for accepted students.

Hey guys, just to add to the data points... I received a letter from Boonshoft this past Monday (3/26) placing me on hold and I also received the letter that says I come highly ranked and will be placed high on the hold list etc. I interviewed in the last week of February - first week of March window (to stay somewhat anonymous).

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know anything about Wright State’s policy on deferment?

Hey guys, just to add to the data points... I received a letter from Boonshoft this past Monday (3/26) placing me on hold and I also received the letter that says I come highly ranked and will be placed high on the hold list etc. I interviewed in the last week of February - first week of March window (to stay somewhat anonymous).
Stats if you don’t mind me asking? Also, URM or ORM?

For those who have been accepted and returned the signed letter of intent, have you received any more information?

Did they do the Golden Ticket thing this year?

anyone know if there is a groupme for accepted students?

For those who have been accepted and returned the signed letter of intent, have you received any more information?

Did you already get your login info and stuff for "wings" and your email?

No, I haven't yet, did that info come through snail mail?
Yea it came through snail mail so expect that soon. It will give you access to your email, financial aid, etc. Other than that just complete your FAFSA if you haven't already. I also looked at that "checklist for accepted students" on the website and started doing some things there. Sent transcripts, etc

Has anyone who interviewed in the beginning of March heard back yet? Are acceptances relayed by snail mail or phone call?

Has anyone who interviewed in the beginning of March heard back yet? Are acceptances relayed by snail mail or phone call?

Usually takes up to two weeks to receive a post acceptance decision by mail. They don't call you.

Has anyone been moved from the wait list to accepted or denied recently?

Also has anyone gotten their alternate list position letter?

Hopefully that information gets sent by email.. waiting to make other decisions based on the delay of that letter would be unfortunate.

Reactions: 1 users
hopefully it is email but all decisions have been snail mail to permanent address first so i doubt it.

Also has anyone gotten their alternate list position letter?
Hopefully that information gets sent by email.. waiting to make other decisions based on the delay of that letter would be unfortunate.
hopefully it is email but all decisions have been snail mail to permanent address first so i doubt it.
I was told waitlist-position emails don't come out until May (here's hoping for an earlier release though) and they're sent via snail mail unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got mail and had a letter placing me in the middle third of the wait list

Reactions: 2 users