2017 No Interviews / No Acceptances Club (Post-Dec 1st)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arghhh2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have not received any interview offers from any of the schools I have applied to.
I was rejected from ALA today, and I guess IUSD too because their cycle closed.
Other schools I applied to: UMB, Howard, UNC, VCU, Rutgers, UIC, Tufts, Temple, UPenn, UPitt, and UL.

I'm a MD resident, going to graduate in May from UMD.

DAT: AA 20 / TS 20 / BIO 20 / GCHEM 20 / ORGO 20 / QR 17 / RC 24 / PAT 19
Overall GPA(+/-) = 3.62 sGPA = 3.40 sGPA (+/-)= 3.33
Shadowing= 115ish hrs
My application was submitted early June but was on hold until my DAT was confirmed, so Mid-August.

I guess my question is when should I start freaking out and what would be the best thing to do in my gap year if I don't get accepted anywhere? I'm thinking a one year master's program but I'm not sure.

Anyone else stuck in the same rut?

Members don't see this ad.

Considering that your application was only finalized in Mid-August, I would say have your heads up for post December interviews! Best of Luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Reading over your app, I would say you applied too top heavy. Submitting mid august is okay. I know UNC had their last interview NOV 4th. However, I would expect for you to get something Janurary-march. As for things to do. I would say research is becoming pretty much a pre-req for many of the top tier schools, also get that GPA up. Your DAT score is average for matriculation and I would say will get you through the door at many places (wouldn't retake unless you feel you will get a 22+). Also I would suggest more volunteering. It's too early too panic, there will be alot of movement after Janurary 1st. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Keep your head up. It also seems a lot of schools want to see how you finish this semester first. I'm am positive, once your grades go in, your inbox will blow up

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone,

I have not received any interview offers from any of the schools I have applied to.
Other schools I applied to: UMB, Howard, UNC, VCU, Rutgers, UIC, Tufts, Temple, UPenn, UPitt, and UL.

Shadowing= 115ish hrs
My application was submitted early June but was on hold until my DAT was confirmed, so Mid-August.

I guess my question is when should I start freaking out and what would be the best thing to do in my gap year if I don't get accepted anywhere? I'm thinking a one year master's program but I'm not sure.

I applied to 10 schools, rejected from 3, no word from 6, interviewed at UAB. I haven't heard anything. GPA 4.0, sGPA 4.0, AA22. I'm an Alabama resident.. I am trying to come up with a plan B as well.. still holding out hope though.. you should too. Maybe we will get interviews soon! Best of luck to you!

I applied to 10 schools, rejected from 3, no word from 6, interviewed at UAB. I haven't heard anything. GPA 4.0, sGPA 4.0, AA22. I'm an Alabama resident.. I am trying to come up with a plan B as well.. still holding out hope though.. you should too. Maybe we will get interviews soon! Best of luck to you!

WOW
With states like these, I cannot believe you haven't gotten more interviews and at least an acceptance. What schools did you apply to? Do you have research experience/ECs?

WOW
With states like these, I cannot believe you haven't gotten more interviews and at least an acceptance. What schools did you apply to? Do you have research experience/ECs?
I applied to Tufts, NYU, Temple, Louisville, UConn, Penn, BU, Tenn, Pitt. I have over 200 hours shadowing, research experience, and great ECs. I have a red flag on my application. I got into some legal trouble.. trespassing and resisting. I was completely honest on my app and during my interview. It sounds much worse than it was. I was walking back to a bar to retrieve my debit card.. took a short cut through a construction zone that wasn't fenced in. Cops were on the other side... said "under arrest"... I panicked and ran about ten feet.. came to my senses and stopped on my own. After participating in a diversion program my record was expunged. Legally I wasn't required to tell them about my arrest. I was hoping my honestly would be rewarded.

Hello everyone,

Shadowing= 115ish hrs

Don't want to freak you out, but now is the time to start planning for next application cycle, I would contact the program(s) you're trying to get into the most and our figure out where the weakest point in your application is and what those schools think you can improve the most on!

Your stats look good, except for the shadowing hours. If I had to guess I would say they are going to recommend shadowing some more and volunteering! Also work on getting that app in ASAP, early timing is key!

Hello everyone,

Shadowing= 115ish hrs

Yep.i applied to 18. Rejected from 4 and nothing from others..

I applied to Tufts, NYU, Temple, Louisville, UConn, Penn, BU, Tenn, Pitt. I have over 200 hours shadowing, research experience, and great ECs. I have a red flag on my application. I got into some legal trouble.. trespassing and resisting. I was completely honest on my app and during my interview. It sounds much worse than it was. I was walking back to a bar to retrieve my debit card.. took a short cut through a construction zone that wasn't fenced in. Cops were on the other side... said "under arrest"... I panicked and ran about ten feet.. came to my senses and stopped on my own. After participating in a diversion program my record was expunged. Legally I wasn't required to tell them about my arrest. I was hoping my honestly would be rewarded.
If your record was expunged, why did you bring it up? There is no way that they could have figured out anything questionable had happened in your past.

If your record was expunged, why did you bring it up? There is no way that they could have figured out anything questionable had happened in your past.
That was the advice I was given.. plus it didn't feel right not to tell them.

If someone advised you to disclose a criminal incident you were not obligated to disclose, they gave you really ****ty advice.
Well, what's done is done... can't do anything about it now.