2017 Texas AuD Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notamermaid

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to start a thread specifically for Texas schools. I've applied to UNT, UTD, and TTUHSC. I've interviewed at Tech. Now we wait...

Members don't see this ad.

I have applied to UTD and Austin! Austin is definitely one of my top choices.....

Just got a UTD interview request by email!

Members don't see this ad :)
What were your GRE scores...just for a future audiologist...also do you have reccomendations for things to do in undergrad to strengthen application?

Thanks, and congrats :)

also comment about your interview...any tips..things they look for :)

What were your GRE scores...just for a future audiologist...also do you have reccomendations for things to do in undergrad to strengthen application?

Thanks, and congrats :)

also comment about your interview...any tips..things they look for :)

Hello! Sorry I haven't kept up with this site super well, but I hope I can still be helpful! My scores were: Q 159, V 161, W 5.5. I think what strengthened my application more was evidence that I had something special to contribute to the program and profession, as well as the potential to do even more, based on my past experiences. My biggest advice for interviews is to do your research beforehand. Most schools will tell you which faculty members will be conducting your interview- go look at their page, maybe read a paper or two they've published. Also do your research on that program and bring up specific things you are impressed by, have questions about, or are interested in. Show that you've done the background work on your end!

Hello! Sorry I haven't kept up with this site super well, but I hope I can still be helpful! My scores were: Q 159, V 161, W 5.5. I think what strengthened my application more was evidence that I had something special to contribute to the program and profession, as well as the potential to do even more, based on my past experiences. My biggest advice for interviews is to do your research beforehand. Most schools will tell you which faculty members will be conducting your interview- go look at their page, maybe read a paper or two they've published. Also do your research on that program and bring up specific things you are impressed by, have questions about, or are interested in. Show that you've done the background work on your end!

Thank you for your insight. I will write these down. Also, kudos on those scores! I’m terrified of the GRE. I’m NOT a good test taker, I get all anxious and forget stuff. If you have any suggestions like what you studied, how you studied, and/or if you took a GRE class, that would be helpful. Thanks!

I’m also applying to UNT, UTD, Austin and Tech in 2019. I’m originally from Oklahoma so going to Austin would kill my siblings (were an OU family- Horns down all day) but I really like Austin as a whole! Anyway, best of luck to everyone!!

Tech doesn’t require a capstone project? Wouldn’t this affect us later on? Why not have a little research project? I feel it’s beneficial.