2017 ****The Official Meharry Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

does anyone know if Mr Luten will be making calls on Sunday or Monday?. It would be nice to know by Sunday .

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know if Mr Luten will be making calls on Sunday or Monday?. It would be nice to know by Sunday .

Knowing Mr Luten. Early monday

I'm surprised no one is on here. Calls this morning, anyone? I haven't heard anything yet...:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
He looks like a W. I'm a K and have heard nothing yet...

I think the question is jwilliams when did you go for interview??

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call, in! thanks for the info jwilliams. And if someone needs to know, i interviewed nov 9th

the phone call was my third acceptance..so happy!

I didn't get a phone call. How will we know if we are wait listed or rejected ?. How do they inform u about the one year masters , and if u r wait listed , is there a chance to get in ? ... this school was my only interview. :(

I was rejected on Monday, and was notified via the AADSAS portal. Received an email rejection today, without an interview.

Congratulations and best of luck to all those who got in and who are hoping to get in!!

For those of you that interviewed, any help with the questions they asked you during the interview? Was it close or open file? Did they ask you to explain previous grades like why did you withdrew here or why did you fail this class and so on...? How was the atmosphere? Thank you for the help.

For those of you that interviewed, any help with the questions they asked you during the interview? Was it close or open file? Did they ask you to explain previous grades like why did you withdrew here or why did you fail this class and so on...? How was the atmosphere? Thank you for the help.

a.) various questions about your school/activities/hobbies/life/trip to nashville
b.) i've heard of people being asked why their GPA/DAT doesn't match ( ie, 3.1 GPA and 23 DAT). sometimes performances individual classes come into play as well
c.) it's open file, but one of my interviews didn't even look at my file before i came in (he wanted a true first impression)
d.) very warming atmosphere, very family/community oriented.

a.) various questions about your school/activities/hobbies/life/trip to nashville
b.) i've heard of people being asked why their GPA/DAT doesn't match ( ie, 3.1 GPA and 23 DAT). sometimes performances individual classes come into play as well
c.) it's open file, but one of my interviews didn't even look at my file before i came in (he wanted a true first impression)
d.) very warming atmosphere, very family/community oriented.

Thank you so much for the response. I have one coming up soon and I am freaking out BIG TIME:scared:

who is definitely going?
I'm still considering it..not sure

I'm very grateful that Meharry accepted me however, I will not be attending. I loved Meharry but it was my 3rd choice due to the cost.

has anyone received their packet and got a scholarship?

just curious

The ADCOM is meeting tomorrow, I'm excited!

Did Mr. Luten mention how many more interviews they were conducting this cycle?

I turned down my seat earlier this week so good luck to those that just interviewed and those on the waiting list.

Just got in off the wait list! so excited! has anyone made a Facebook group yet?

Congrats! No FB group yet we can get one started

I haven't heard anything yet from them but I am hopeful. Is it the norm that because of its HBC status that most kids sent invitations will wait on acceptance to another school and then pass on MeHarry?

The false perception is that its a lower tier school despite having a really good program so people take it as a backup school or safety school. This causes a long long lag time for the class to fill up since so many kids invited don't accept.

Is this idea off base?

I haven't heard anything yet from them but I am hopeful. Is it the norm that because of its HBC status that most kids sent invitations will wait on acceptance to another school and then pass on MeHarry?

The false perception is that its a lower tier school despite having a really good program so people take it as a backup school or safety school. This causes a long long lag time for the class to fill up since so many kids invited don't accept.

Is this idea off base?

I think Meharry is a great school! I got accepted but I turned down my spot because I got into my state school and Meharry is expensive. So in my opinion it's not just about it being an HBCU for everybody! Good Luck

Anyone else's status still in 'Invited For Interview'? I had an interview in October and haven't heard anything- no denial, no acceptance, no wait list status.

Does this mean I was denied?

Got the call this morning! Im in!! Keep your head up those of you still waiting.