[2018-2019] Emergency Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If students don't have the power to make this change, which I agree with you we don't, then why isn't there a concerted effort from some of the newer generation of physicians who go into these programs to use some of the power that they assuredly must have (at least compared to the students) to fix an issue that they themselves had to trudge through? I'm not saying there aren't those who are trying, but it sure doesn't feel like there is any concerted effort to fix this system. The prevailing thought process feels to me, "it is what is, can't really expect it to change." I mean a large portion of these programs are comprised of people who were at some point students like us, so I don't understand this general lack of trying to improve the process by these programs. Not trying to blame my peers/future colleagues as I am sure it's more complicated than I am making it appear, but can't help feeling this way when I hear this matter discussed by our superiors.

Maybe there will be. But I personally didn’t have any concerns about the SLOE system when I was a student. Didn’t know what they said then, don’t know now. It didn’t effect my application plans at all. I was a good student, had a good application, and figured my SLOEs would reflect the rest of my app. And honestly, I think for the majority of students, the SLOEs aren’t any more anxiety provoking as anything else in the application process. So I just don’t see there being a big push to fix this.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys I'm a little worried about August aways. I applied for 10 but have been denied from 2 so far. Any course of action if the remaining 8 dont go as planned? Another problem is some of these programs i don't hear back until june, and I dont want to wait that long.

I wouldn't worry, just by odds I think with 10 applications you should get some. That is unless you are only applying to reach programs in highly desirable areas. The only time I've heard of people getting denied from such a large number of programs is across the country applying to California with sub-average board scores. The waiting part definitely sucks though.

For programs that allow you to enter your preferred dates is it a given that they take off cycle applicants? Or would it be worth emailing them to confirm before applying?

Also has anyone heard from Henry Ford or Yale yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
For programs that allow you to enter your preferred dates is it a given that they take off cycle applicants? Or would it be worth emailing them to confirm before applying?

Nothing is a given, lots of stuff on VSAS was set up haphazardly by people who don't necessarily understand what they're doing.

I was accepted in February for an August/September rotation.

Last edited:
It’s true it’s unheard of in other careers. So is the match. Can you imagine telling a teacher that they have to apply to 50 schools, go on 12 interviews, then rank where they would like to work, and in the end a computer will tell them where they end up? And they may not get to teach in the field they want, no matter how much they like Chemistry, they may have to settle for teaching Physical Education. The GME system we have is unheard of. It is what it is. It’s hard to compare it to other systems in the real world when there really isn’t much like it.

As Ive said Id be for some system as described, where students would have some idea of how competitive their SLOEs are, but I dont believe it will happen because students just don’t have the lobbying power to change it. So if the system stays as is as I’d expect it to, I’d say Id rather just accept the increased application numbers. Its not that big of a deal to me in the end, because its not that hard to filter apps. The thing I dislike about over application isn’t about the program being overwhelmed. Its about excluding students with genuine interest in the progam based on filters. Some students with actual interest lose out because of a computer algorithm. And that stinks for the students, but has little effect on the program itself. The programs will match their spots whether they get 200 applications or 1000 applications. IMO, over application is bad for students (increased costs, exclusionary filters), but is little more than an annoyance to programs.

The increased number is certainly more detrimental to students than programs and it definitely benefits AAMC financially. While you may not care about the increased number, I have heard of numerous program directors who have complained. The PD at my medical school hinted that the push for the SVI by the EM people involved was a way to create a different metric to help screen applicants. Obviously the majority of PDs felt differently, but there are PDs who are concerned about evaluating more applicants and automatic screening creating the same pool of interviewees across multiple programs with similar filters.

I just think it is crazy that EM is the only specialty where you apply with very little information about the part of your application that has the most impact on you competetitiveness. I don’t think it would be that hard to let a student know which third their performance on their sloe fell into; their transcripts will show if they omitted a letter. Even other specialties are clear about their requirements be they board scores, research, grades, or rotations with them which all have objective data for the student to use.

The increased number is certainly more detrimental to students than programs and it definitely benefits AAMC financially. While you may not care about the increased number, I have heard of numerous program directors who have complained. The PD at my medical school hinted that the push for the SVI by the EM people involved was a way to create a different metric to help screen applicants. Obviously the majority of PDs felt differently, but there are PDs who are concerned about evaluating more applicants and automatic screening creating the same pool of interviewees across multiple programs with similar filters.

I just think it is crazy that EM is the only specialty where you apply with very little information about the part of your application that has the most impact on you competetitiveness. I don’t think it would be that hard to let a student know which third their performance on their sloe fell into; their transcripts will show if they omitted a letter. Even other specialties are clear about their requirements be they board scores, research, grades, or rotations with them which all have objective data for the student to use.

It's not true that other specialties don't have a hidden part to their application. Every other specialty requires LORs, and students to waive the right to see the content of those LORs. Its just that the content is so worthless, because no one is objective in the LORs, so they get devalued as part of the application. EM is the only field that found a way to force the evaluators to be objective about their evaluations of students.

It's also not true that I don't care about the increased number. I just don't care about it from a program interest standpoint. Its an annoyance, and nothing more. I care about it because it is a burden to students. And even if this was truly the biggest annoyance PDs face (its not), their solution won't be to change the SLOE system. They'll do something more draconian that probably is even worse for students, like coming up with a way to limit how many programs can be applied to, etc. Don't believe me? How many programs banded together this year and didn't release a single interview until mid-October? It was a huge number that organized together to change the way interviews were handed out, and when they did so, they had to know that would increase over application, yet that didn't stop them. Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but I just don't see this system changing. These aren't new concerns, and the SLOE has continued to get more important in student evaluation, not less important. I just can't see there being enough momentum to see it changed. Doesn't mean I wouldn't accept the change, or even welcome it. I just am a pessimist about the possibility of it happening.

In order for it to change, medical students are going to have to somehow band together to get this enacted. But it has to be EM specific medical students, since this is the group it effects. How logically would that happen? Through EMRA I'd imagine. But in EMRA, each student counts as 1/25 of a voting member, and students aren't part of their board of directors. EMRA is far more concerned about resident issues than student issues. EMRA is a great organization, I'm speaking poorly of them, my point is just that the closest organization for students interested in EM is even unlikely to really champion this issue. So it leaves the students powerless. And even if somehow EMRA decides to let students on their board, or increase their voting power, and that gives students enough of a say to push for this, I'm still not sure CORD would budge, though it would make for an interesting battle.

Reactions: 1 users
It's not true that other specialties don't have a hidden part to their application. Every other specialty requires LORs, and students to waive the right to see the content of those LORs. Its just that the content is so worthless, because no one is objective in the LORs, so they get devalued as part of the application. EM is the only field that found a way to force the evaluators to be objective about their evaluations of students.

It's also not true that I don't care about the increased number. I just don't care about it from a program interest standpoint. Its an annoyance, and nothing more. I care about it because it is a burden to students. And even if this was truly the biggest annoyance PDs face (its not), their solution won't be to change the SLOE system. They'll do something more draconian that probably is even worse for students, like coming up with a way to limit how many programs can be applied to, etc. Don't believe me? How many programs banded together this year and didn't release a single interview until mid-October? It was a huge number that organized together to change the way interviews were handed out, and when they did so, they had to know that would increase over application, yet that didn't stop them. Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but I just don't see this system changing. These aren't new concerns, and the SLOE has continued to get more important in student evaluation, not less important. I just can't see there being enough momentum to see it changed. Doesn't mean I wouldn't accept the change, or even welcome it. I just am a pessimist about the possibility of it happening.

In order for it to change, medical students are going to have to somehow band together to get this enacted. But it has to be EM specific medical students, since this is the group it effects. How logically would that happen? Through EMRA I'd imagine. But in EMRA, each student counts as 1/25 of a voting member, and students aren't part of their board of directors. EMRA is far more concerned about resident issues than student issues. EMRA is a great organization, I'm speaking poorly of them, my point is just that the closest organization for students interested in EM is even unlikely to really champion this issue. So it leaves the students powerless. And even if somehow EMRA decides to let students on their board, or increase their voting power, and that gives students enough of a say to push for this, I'm still not sure CORD would budge, though it would make for an interesting battle.

Why did programs want to change the way interviews were handed out? I had no idea this had happened--I was looking at the EM official spreadsheet earlier today to see when interviews were released last year because I wanted an idea of when to have my Step 2 scores by. It showed the greatest amount of interviews among the people who reported dates on the spreadsheet were sent 10/6-10/12. With that, I'm guessing having my Level 2 and Step 2 scores by October 1st hopefully won't greatly impede the reviewing of my application, given that I have 1-2 SLOEs uploaded by Sept 15.. but anyways, curious about the interview distribution thing, would you mind explaining what happened/what the reasoning was?

Why did programs want to change the way interviews were handed out? I had no idea this had happened--I was looking at the EM official spreadsheet earlier today to see when interviews were released last year because I wanted an idea of when to have my Step 2 scores by. It showed the greatest amount of interviews among the people who reported dates on the spreadsheet were sent 10/6-10/12. With that, I'm guessing having my Level 2 and Step 2 scores by October 1st hopefully won't greatly impede the reviewing of my application, given that I have 1-2 SLOEs uploaded by Sept 15.. but anyways, curious about the interview distribution thing, would you mind explaining what happened/what the reasoning was?

I don't know exactly why, honestly I wasn't aware it had happened until around the time it did. I can't remember if it was an email from the CORD listserv that mentioned it or where I heard of it. But apparently many programs banded together to hold off handing out any interviews until after the first week of October in order to give programs more time to decide on who to interview. I suspect it was for several reasons, but this is pure speculation.

1. By waiting, programs have more info on candidates because more would have a second SLOE by then.
2. By sending out the interviews at the same time, they probably think this would cut down on students scheduling an interview, then cancelling for another interview at another site if they get an invite at another place later. Sending them all out at the same time lets the student choose up front where they want to interview.
3. By waiting, programs have more time to comb through candidate applications

At least thats my guess.

Interesting, CORD does have a newly created task force for developing ideas to improve the interview process for programs as well as the students. Below is their goals and objectives as a new task force:

Current Goals & Objectives:
  1. Understand the current state of medical student applications and effects on the interview process for residencies and medical students.
  2. Propose solutions that can be implemented by all programs to help improve the interview process for applicants and programs alike. In areas where one solution may not fit all programs, provide several options to be implemented based on program needs.
  3. Provide advising guidelines to allow for more transparency to students regarding their competitiveness.
Who knows what they mean by this objective #3, or how they tend to achieve it. Time will tell.

EMRA recently updated their fantastic residency directory/map to include information about EM clerkships! Unlike the "Where did you have a great away rotation" thread, it doesn't say which exams students are responsible for taking, but at least now students can see whether DOs or IMGs are accepted and whether interviews are guaranteed during the totation, at a later date, or not at all, whether housing is available, and whether you need a car.

Be sure to select Clerkships from the drop-down to see the info: EMRA Match

Edit: Not all programs are on here. C'mon UAB, get it together.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does doing an away in your own state close doors from receiving interviews/being ranked elsewhere to match?

Does doing an away in your own state close doors from receiving interviews/being ranked elsewhere to match?
It's more like "doing an away elsewhere helps you get interviews in a wider geographic area." You don't wanna miss out on an opportunity to expand your extraregional response rate.

Heard back from another program and another no Im afraid. Best of luck to anyone who applied to it!

Last edited:
Well got some more updates. 2 other programs have gotten back to me. I've gotten an acceptance from one of those programs and denied from the other. Only issue is they gave me the one date that doesn't really help me. Anyone have any advice? If things stand as they are I'd have an away but it would be during November and December, that's way too late for a SLOE to have any impact in the residency application cycle right? Sorry I've been propping up this thread a lot, but I think it also helps give other people who applied to the same institutions get an idea of when they might hear back. I guess the good news is as I have a week to accept and hopefully some other programs will respond with a more reasonable date, but the way things are looking it feels like most of the places I've applied to don't have spots open as late as October never mind July or August, so I am getting concerned.

Last edited:
Well got some more updates. William Beaumont has responded and so has metrohealth. I've gotten an acceptance from one of those programs and denied from the other. Only issue is they gave me the one date that doesn't really help me. Anyone have any advice? If things stand as they are I'd have an away but it would be during November and December, that's way too late for a SLOE to have any impact in the residency application cycle right? Sorry I've been propping up this thread a lot, but I think it also helps give other people who applied to the same institutions get an idea of when they might hear back. I guess the good news is as I have a week to accept and hopefully some other programs will respond with a more reasonable date, but the way things are looking it feels like most of the places I've applied to don't have spots open as late as October never mind July or August, so I am getting concerned.

Is this away going to be your first and only SLOE?

Is this away going to be your first and only SLOE?
Well no the good news is I was able to get my home institutions emergency medicine rotation in August so I'll have that SLOE ready before my app is submitted. But my friends going into EM here told me that it is vital to do an away and have that SLOE ready for apps.

Well no the good news is I was able to get my home institutions emergency medicine rotation in August so I'll have that SLOE ready before my app is submitted. But my friends going into EM here told me that it is vital to do an away and have that SLOE ready for apps.
Oof, no, you really want an Away rotation much earlier than that. I'd take it for now just in case, and plan on dropping it later (with lots of advanced notice!) once you secure an earlier rotation.

Also... My unsolicited advice here is that you're being too open about the names of the programs you've been in contact with. If the program you named saw your post about having trepidation for the slot you were offered, it could reflect badly on you. Not saying it should, but there's potential. All applicants should take care to protect their online identities from discovery by programs during this process.

Oof, no, you really want an Away rotation much earlier than that. I'd take it for now just in case, and plan on dropping it later (with lots of advanced notice!) once you secure an earlier rotation.

Also... My unsolicited advice here is that you're being too open about the names of the programs you've been in contact with. If the program you named saw your post about having trepidation for the slot you were offered, it could reflect badly on you. Not saying it should, but there's potential. All applicants should take care to protect their online identities from discovery by programs during this process.

THanks for your advice. I just thought that sharing the names of programs would help other figure out when they might hear from the same programs, but I guess your right and I should just refrain from mentioning programs by name. Thanks, this process is just killing me.

Sorry to hear. Did you apply to popular programs? I'm a pretty average applicant, and I applied to 10 places all of which are way outside my region for august total in vsas, one rejected me, one gave me a september spot, and one accepted me for august. The rest I haven't heard from, but at least one which is a desirable city is currently sending out invites so I know I'm not at the top of their list.

Well I know I must have applied to "popular" programs when I applied to a lot of the CALI programs. But I've also applied to several midwest schools, not to say they aren't good, but probably not as popular I guess? Also unforutanetly some programs don't even offer July/August months believe it or not!

Well I know I must have applied to "popular" programs when I applied to a lot of the CALI programs. But I've also applied to several midwest schools, not to say they aren't good, but probably not as popular I guess? Also unforutanetly some programs don't even offer July/August months believe it or not!

This is actually a lot more common than you think. The new interns start in July, managing them AND other students is quite a lot of work. Many places wont accept students until august because of this. The only places that do a good job accommodating for this are places with dedicated faculty for student clerkships, but these places also tend to take an massive number of students. The most ive seen on my rotations were 25 (yes, 25) that month. This makes it harder to stand out and you're more likely to get a middle 1/3 SLOE since their pool of students is so large.

I'm sure there are many other places that do have dedicated student faculty and take way less students, but then its also very likely you wont get these rotations due to spot availability.

My advise is to throw a large net, and keep touching base with programs you are actually interested in. People cancel last minute all the time.

This is actually a lot more common than you think. The new interns start in July, managing them AND other students is quite a lot of work. Many places wont accept students until august because of this. The only places that do a good job accommodating for this are places with dedicated faculty for student clerkships, but these places also tend to take an massive number of students. The most ive seen on my rotations were 25 (yes, 25) that month. This makes it harder to stand out and you're more likely to get a middle 1/3 SLOE since their pool of students is so large.

I'm sure there are many other places that do have dedicated student faculty and take way less students, but then its also very likely you wont get these rotations due to spot availability.

My advise is to throw a large net, and keep touching base with programs you are actually interested in. People cancel last minute all the time.
Can I then ask this? If I don't get an away, specifically an away on a date prior to submission of residency apps on ERAS, then what? Am I at a significant disadvantage if I only have one SLOE?

some hospitals dont use vsas . Some its straight email and pray they have your dates. I spent the money on vsas and it was a waste for me. i got crap dates compared to the hospitals that i emailed and gave me what i wanted

Can I then ask this? If I don't get an away, specifically an away on a date prior to submission of residency apps on ERAS, then what? Am I at a significant disadvantage if I only have one SLOE?

Its hard to say just now much a disadvantage without knowing the entire application. But there are some hard cut offs for programs that require at least 2 SLOEs.
But if its a program you have an interest in, do the away. Even if its late like November. Just the mere fact that you are there working will open doors for you when the faculty can see you in the ED. And when its time for the interviews/ranks, it does make a difference. This is assuming you do well during the audition month, though.

Also, to piggyback on what the other poster said, reach out to both VSAS and non VSAS programs. As the rotation month approaches, I heard back from a lot more non VSAS programs. Probably due to higher cancelations and less people applying. The ease of VSAS makes it so you can shot gun a bunch of programs but hurts and helps.

Reactions: 1 users
It's still really early, but you should still not rely on VSAS. Contact programs directly with interest. I guarantee you there are a bunch of students getting the spots you want by doing this. It makes sense because so many people just blast out apps through VSAS and I'm sure it's frustrating for programs to accept people who decline the spot after sitting on the acceptance for 2 weeks. I wasted a ton of money on VSAS last year only to have programs contact me a week before my requested date that a spot was open.

Edit: I also don't think you are at a significant disadvantage with 1 SLOE as long as it's a good SLOE.

some hospitals dont use vsas . Some its straight email and pray they have your dates. I spent the money on vsas and it was a waste for me. i got crap dates compared to the hospitals that i emailed and gave me what i wanted

Its hard to say just now much a disadvantage without knowing the entire application. But there are some hard cut offs for programs that require at least 2 SLOEs.
But if its a program you have an interest in, do the away. Even if its late like November. Just the mere fact that you are there working will open doors for you when the faculty can see you in the ED. And when its time for the interviews/ranks, it does make a difference. This is assuming you do well during the audition month, though.

Also, to piggyback on what the other poster said, reach out to both VSAS and non VSAS programs. As the rotation month approaches, I heard back from a lot more non VSAS programs. Probably due to higher cancelations and less people applying. The ease of VSAS makes it so you can shot gun a bunch of programs but hurts and helps.

It's still really early, but you should still not rely on VSAS. Contact programs directly with interest. I guarantee you there are a bunch of students getting the spots you want by doing this. It makes sense because so many people just blast out apps through VSAS and I'm sure it's frustrating for programs to accept people who decline the spot after sitting on the acceptance for 2 weeks. I wasted a ton of money on VSAS last year only to have programs contact me a week before my requested date that a spot was open.

Edit: I also don't think you are at a significant disadvantage with 1 SLOE as long as it's a good SLOE.

Thanks you guys. Just for transparency I have reached out to some non-VSAS schools, still crickets from their end. I've also called many of these programs (both those that have denied me as well as those who have yet to respond) in order to voice interest as well check status of their rotations. I guess well see, just afraid this will count against me even though I've done what is reasonably expected of most people in order to get an away.

Are you trying at only the most popular sites? Most MS4s I talked to got aways by calling/emailing and had bad luck with VSAS like you. Are you talking to the EM course directors or the schools away coordinator?

Thanks you guys. Just for transparency I have reached out to some non-VSAS schools, still crickets from their end. I've also called many of these programs (both those that have denied me as well as those who have yet to respond) in order to voice interest as well check status of their rotations. I guess well see, just afraid this will count against me even though I've done what is reasonably expected of most people in order to get an away.

hopefully you hear back from some, I cancelled a couple aways that conflicted with my schedule and urge other M4s to do the same, helps out another individual too

Are you trying at only the most popular sites? Most MS4s I talked to got aways by calling/emailing and had bad luck with VSAS like you. Are you talking to the EM course directors or the schools away coordinator?

In terms of popularity I believe 50% are "popular" and the other 50% that I've applied to are good but maybe not popular? I've been calling and emailing as much as is reasonably possible, trying to play that fine line of showing interest and not drive them crazy. I'm actually talking to both in some instances and some cases just the schools away coordinator or the EM course directors. I really dont feel there is anything major I haven't done in my efforts get an away. I know I'm not entitled to an away (specifically one in July-October), but damn if its this hard to get one wth is getting a residency gonna be like. but of course I could always get that coveted January away spot fml.+pissed+

Anyone hear back from Maricopa yet? I applied kinda late so probably added to the reject pile...

Anyone hear back from Maricopa yet? I applied kinda late so probably added to the reject pile...

hopefully you hear back soon. like others here have told me reach out to them and see, it doesn't hurt and at least youll know.

Anyone heard back from Denver or USC for aways this cycle?

I was offered a rotation at Denver but declined as I already committed to rotating at another well-reputed program with overlapping dates. Denver definitely has started offering away rotations. Took about 5 weeks to hear back from them.

When should I start panicking about not having aways for September and October? I have secured one for November but that's a lot later than I would like and am waitlisted at another program for Sept/Oct. All the other programs I've applied to have been totally silent. There are still a few programs that haven't opened yet that I'm going to apply to so I'm trying my best to stay calm.

When should I start panicking about not having aways for September and October? I have secured one for November but that's a lot later than I would like and am waitlisted at another program for Sept/Oct. All the other programs I've applied to have been totally silent. There are still a few programs that haven't opened yet that I'm going to apply to so I'm trying my best to stay calm.

people have told me that they heard back as late as late may early june. obviously it matters when your 4th year actually starts. i think if nothing by mid-may your gonna want to talk to your advisor/school coordinator and see if they can help you set something up. also call some of the programs you havent heard from and see where they in terms of responding. worse thing theyll say is they cant give you an update.

How competitive are the EM Ultrasound electives that are offered by many institutions?

I have aways set up for July-August, and Sept-Oct. but a having a hard time filling that August-Sept opening in my schedule. Many institutions haven't gotten back to me yet but I am assuming those will be rejections. The med student anxiety/neuroticism is starting to kick in and I was wondering if the EM electives would be of value to try to apply too?

Thanks!

How competitive are the EM Ultrasound electives that are offered by many institutions?

I have aways set up for July-August, and Sept-Oct. but a having a hard time filling that August-Sept opening in my schedule. Many institutions haven't gotten back to me yet but I am assuming those will be rejections. The med student anxiety/neuroticism is starting to kick in and I was wondering if the EM electives would be of value to try to apply too?

Thanks!
If you already have 2 away rotations, you don't really need a third, especially if you also have a home program to rotate at! Are you a DO by any chance? I've noticed that DO students tend to do more away rotations than their MD colleagues.

EM Ultrasound Aways were basically not even discussed last year. I would not be surprised if only like a dozen people did them, total, and I don't think they were particularly interesting or helpful on the ERAS application. Full disclosure: I'm just an incoming intern.

If you already have 2 away rotations, you don't really need a third, especially if you also have a home program to rotate at! Are you a DO by any chance? I've noticed that DO students tend to do more away rotations than their MD colleagues.

EM Ultrasound Aways were basically not even discussed last year. I would not be surprised if only like a dozen people did them, total, and I don't think they were particularly interesting or helpful on the ERAS application. Full disclosure: I'm just an incoming intern.

n=2 that I know of, so take it with a grain of salt, but I know one person who did one when they couldn't get another away and made a good enough impression by grabbing some regular shifts that they got a SLOE from it. the other did it just for fun after both aways and interviewed at that (highly ranked) place.

Yes, DO applicant with no home institution but will have a 3rd yr SLOE. aways are ingrained into us because in the AOA world if you wanted to match somewhere you better have rotated there. Only "flag" in my application is being a DO, so I figured 3 SLOEs from reputable institutions could help. Also, that Sept-Oct SLOE probably wont be ready until early November-ish

Thanks AthleteDoc7.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from UIC or Emory for away rotations yet?

I haven't, a friend of mine called and they said they're running behind because of so many apps this year. But I also have a friend who was rejected by them for 2/3 of the months they applied.

Another program I talked to said that they were also running behind this year because of CORD, so I'm sure there's several confounding factors.

Most of my classmates have 0-1, and we're all anxiously waiting in the same boat.

hang in there, and good luck.

Has anyone heard back from UIC or Emory for away rotations yet?

I emailed the coordinator at Emory last week just as a follow up. The response was something along the lines of: We have sent out some invitations. The clerkship directors are still reviewing applications and I notify the applicants through VSAS as soon as they send me names.
Other than that, nothing for me.

Anyone else freaking out that they don't have any offers yet?

EMRA recently updated their fantastic residency directory/map to include information about EM clerkships! Unlike the "Where did you have a great away rotation" thread, it doesn't say which exams students are responsible for taking, but at least now students can see whether DOs or IMGs are accepted and whether interviews are guaranteed during the totation, at a later date, or not at all, whether housing is available, and whether you need a car.

Be sure to select Clerkships from the drop-down to see the info: EMRA Match

Edit: Not all programs are on here. C'mon UAB, get it together.
Update: UAB's great team has submitted an update and should appear on the EMRA away rotation directory in the next 72 hours. One of their residents passed this info along to me to post anonymously. Big thanks to them for being responsive to my snarky comment!!

Is it worth it to do an away in September (the exact dates are from Aug 27th to Sept 23)?
This would be my second away rotation.
I was really hoping for an Aug spot so I can get my SLOE in time, but is a late SLOE better than a no SLOE?
Thanks!