2018-2019 Indiana University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this is a bit depressing :/
I wouldn't take everything the Admissions Office says at face value. Right before they sent alternate emails, they were telling people that "Under Consideration" in the portal meant that the Admissions Committee didn't review the application yet, and clearly that wasn't the case. I'm hoping this is a similar circumstance and that they sent the emails out earlier than they wanted to and that's why they're giving out the safe answer to anyone that calls and asks about them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Assuming that the emails were real acceptances, congrats to everyone who heard back!

For the rest of us, we can't lose hope! There's too much we don't yet know and even if we don't hear back during the first wave of acceptances there are still plenty more opportunities to get off the waitlist if it's anything like previous years. I know a couple of people who heard back at the start of August.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got on the student center from one.iu.edu and it has a message that says I’ve been admitted! It also says to expect a formal letter in the mail!

Update: I checked the applicant portal and that has no changes and still says “Alternate”

Members don't see this ad :)
Casually going through my morning ritual of checking all my portals, and my one.iu.edu student portal also updated to admitted!

Reactions: 4 users
I just got on the student center from one.iu.edu and it has a message that says I’ve been admitted! It also says to expect a formal letter in the mail!

Update: I checked the applicant portal and that has no changes and still says “Alternate”
Same. This has happened in previous years, so I think it’s legit. Now it’s just a matter of waiting for the mailman.

Reactions: 1 users
Did any of the newly accepted individuals get information on campus placement?

Did any of the newly accepted individuals get information on campus placement?
Technically I don’t think anyone has been accepted until they’ve received an official letter. When I called to ask about the One.IU application status update, I was told that nothing is official until an official letter has been received, so I couldn’t really find out anything about campus placement or any other information.

Checked my student portal this morning, updated to accepted and I even avoided Gary! No letter in the mail yet

Checked my student portal this morning, updated to accepted and I even avoided Gary! No letter in the mail yet
Congrats! Just checked mine as well! I can finally say that I’m going to Med School!

I just found out I got admitted as well—however, I was placed in Gary.. wonder if they’d let me switch to Muncie if a spot opened up (I went to undergrad there)?

Reactions: 1 user
I just found out I got admitted as well—however, I was placed in Gary.. wonder if they’d let me switch to Muncie if a spot opened up (I went to undergrad there)?
Wondering something similar. My SO of ~5 years is employed by IU Bloomington and I was assigned South Bend - literally the farthest one away lol. I feel like chances of getting into Bloomington are slim though compared to getting into Muncie. I say call and shoot your shot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering something similar. My SO of ~5 years is employed by IU Bloomington and I was assigned South Bend - literally the farthest one away lol. I feel like chances of getting into Bloomington are slim though compared to getting into Muncie. I say call and shoot your shot!
I know! My fiancé lives in Indy and we’re planning our wedding (for next May) so gary would be sooo far for that!

Did anyone else receive info about need-based financial aid? I got an email about it last night but I'm just on the waitlist haha.

FINALLY get to say...that yesterday I was accepted off of the waitlist! IS

My portal updated to accepted as well! The best birthday gift I could have ever asked for.
No email or letter yet however.

• Wow
My portal updated to accepted as well! The best birthday gift I could have ever asked for.
No email or letter yet however.

Thanks for the info! Also, happy birthday!

Hi guys, sorry to bother, hope medical school is going well! I was just wondering did anyone get in with a low MCAT score but IS? I got an interview here and I'm kind of shocked since my MCAT was so low I didnt think I stood a chance... Could you please pm or something if you are IS and got accepted with a low MCAT? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone who had a morning interview know what time it ends? Asking for flight scheduling purposes...thanks!

I've had an II from here for a Scholarly Concentration for a while, but my interview was just scheduled. Does anyone know if the location of the interview is the campus you will be interviewing for? The location of my scheduled interview is different from my 1st, 2nd or 3rd preference Scholarly Concentrations

Hi guys, sorry to bother, hope medical school is going well! I was just wondering did anyone get in with a low MCAT score but IS? I got an interview here and I'm kind of shocked since my MCAT was so low I didnt think I stood a chance... Could you please pm or something if you are IS and got accepted with a low MCAT? Thanks in advance!
I would assume they would not offer you an interview if they felt your MCAT was not to their standards. Interviewing you and deciding not to admit because of your MCAT is a waste of time for every one.

I've had an II from here for a Scholarly Concentration for a while, but my interview was just scheduled. Does anyone know if the location of the interview is the campus you will be interviewing for? The location of my scheduled interview is different from my 1st, 2nd or 3rd preference Scholarly Concentrations

I know it's a bit late, but the campus you interview at doesn't have any bearing on what campus you're assigned to.