2018-2019 Postdoc Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow! I hope it all ends well [and quickly].

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Long time lurker. Unfortunately did not match for the Appcn match. Good luck to everyone else! I’ll be dealing with my emotions as best as I can while browsing open positions.

Long time lurker. Unfortunately did not match for the Appcn match. Good luck to everyone else! I’ll be dealing with my emotions as best as I can while browsing open positions.
Sorry to hear that! I recall that last year there were many wonderful positions still open after UND.

How in the world are some of you working this morning? I'm sitting at my desk staring at my phone trying not to puke.

Reactions: 1 user
How in the world are some of you working this morning? I'm sitting at my desk staring at my phone trying not to puke.

My supervisors gave me the option last week. I’d rather be somewhere where I can have some support rather than be alone at least.

Good luck everyone! Hoping everything goes your way!

Reactions: 2 users
My supervisors gave me the option last week. I’d rather be somewhere where I can have some support rather than be alone at least.
I'm at work, I'm just not working. Some of my cohort mates had clients this morning and my brain could not have handled that. :)

Currently holding an offer from my number 2 site, waiting to hear back from my number 1 site. The waiting is painful!

ETA: This is exactly the WRONG time to be questioning my ranking.

Currently holding an offer from my number 2 site, waiting to hear back from my number 1 site. The waiting is painful!

"Ranking" what is this "ranking" you speak of! :D :) :p

AND I accepted an offer at my first choice. SO relieved! Hang in there everybody. Your offers are coming.

Reactions: 3 users

Same and same. Aaaaahhhh.

So at what point do we assume we aren’t getting offers? Was up for 5 spots, got 2 emails saying they already filled their positions, no word from the other three. Does it seriously take this long?

So at what point do we assume we aren’t getting offers? Was up for 5 spots, got 2 emails saying they already filled their positions, no word from the other three. Does it seriously take this long?
I'm sorry :(.
If you figure they offer 4 hours to each person, they might only be at their #2 person by now.

It was the worst... I got calls starting 7 minutes before UND from my bottom 2 sites. Then called my number one to find out it was filled. And my number 3 called to say someone had them on hold but I was number 2... just all sorts of craziness. However, after all the hullabaloo, I am extremely happy with my site.

Reactions: 1 users
VA postdoc for me!! :D I hope everyone’s relaxing after such a day. Oh man.

So at what point do we assume we aren’t getting offers? Was up for 5 spots, got 2 emails saying they already filled their positions, no word from the other three. Does it seriously take this long?[/QUOTE
VA postdoc for me!! :D I hope everyone’s relaxing after such a day. Oh man.
hospital for me:)