2018-2019 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure what exactly is meant by bottom, but one would presume that this year’s list was made longer than last year’s if that’s true.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, is anyone on here still in the top 1/3rd waiting to get in? based on my stats, the last first 1/3rd person who has been posting was just accepted. that makes 10/10 accepted, I am hoping that means they are going to be in the second third soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Has @DoyourBest9 been accepted yet? They posted a couple of days ago from top third and hadn’t been accepted at that point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I was just accepted Earlier this morning thank you! Best of luck and trust in l;aksjdf;aljk;f his research and information is as accurate as one can post in this thread regarding BSOM.
#JSG69

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Just called. Still at the bottom of the top third.

Not sure what exactly is meant by bottom, but one would presume that this year’s list was made longer than last year’s if that’s true.

Sorry, meant bottom third. A student last year mentioned that if you're in the top third, then you usually clear. But this year could be different in terms of movement.

Sorry, meant bottom third. A student last year mentioned that if you're in the top third, then you usually clear. But this year could be different in terms of movement.
story of my life over here lol. I am top third at another school and they have had almost no movement either

lol yea I feel like these new traffic rules have affected a lot of people on some level.

Reactions: 1 users
this is what cinci put out earlier. also cinci is a much more competitive school so I would expect them to pull from BSOM if people are accepted at both

"We hope this email finds you well and we are grateful for your continued interest in Cincinnati Medicine!
We wanted to reach-out to you to give you an update on your candidacy and let you know about a few major reasons that this application cycle has been a bit different than those of prior years. Specifically, due to the changes made to the AAMC traffic protocols and the Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) tool, medical schools across the country are being challenged in regard to monitoring applicant decisions. We find ourselves blindly navigating a process that we had previously been intimately involved in. Moreover, we have found that many applicants are confused without explicit guidance from the medical schools. Together, this has resulted in a much slower process of attrition and a significantly delay in offers from our Alternate List.
Typically, by this time in the summer we would have made a few offers from our Alternate List. However, that is not the case for this year. Due to the challenges with the new traffic protocols and the CYMS tool, there is a serious lag in processes and our timeline has been pushed back.
We want you to know that we still hope to have the opportunity to make offers from our alternate list, but due to the reasons mentioned above, we don’t expect to do this for a few more weeks.
We sincerely appreciate your patience as a part of this process and we empathize with you as you navigate this newly complicated process. We value your time and understand that tolerating the unknown is difficult. Please know that we are eager to finalize our class and we will be in touch (first via phone and then via email) should we find ourselves in a place to make an offer of acceptance to you in the near future."

Seven weeks after May 1, they email us this. Not only that, we have to wait a few more weeks. I'm sorry but if I'm expected to get my financial aid, lease, etc all in order supposedly about a month before classes start then I will rip my hair out. The new cycle started three whole weeks ago. What about all of the people who already spend thousands on the next cycle only to be told this? I am so disheartened and frustrated. I hope Cinci learns from this one, and I am still very hopeful to hear from them.

this is what cinci put out earlier. also cinci is a much more competitive school so I would expect them to pull from BSOM if people are accepted at both

"We hope this email finds you well and we are grateful for your continued interest in Cincinnati Medicine!
We wanted to reach-out to you to give you an update on your candidacy and let you know about a few major reasons that this application cycle has been a bit different than those of prior years. Specifically, due to the changes made to the AAMC traffic protocols and the Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) tool, medical schools across the country are being challenged in regard to monitoring applicant decisions. We find ourselves blindly navigating a process that we had previously been intimately involved in. Moreover, we have found that many applicants are confused without explicit guidance from the medical schools. Together, this has resulted in a much slower process of attrition and a significantly delay in offers from our Alternate List.
Typically, by this time in the summer we would have made a few offers from our Alternate List. However, that is not the case for this year. Due to the challenges with the new traffic protocols and the CYMS tool, there is a serious lag in processes and our timeline has been pushed back.
We want you to know that we still hope to have the opportunity to make offers from our alternate list, but due to the reasons mentioned above, we don’t expect to do this for a few more weeks.
We sincerely appreciate your patience as a part of this process and we empathize with you as you navigate this newly complicated process. We value your time and understand that tolerating the unknown is difficult. Please know that we are eager to finalize our class and we will be in touch (first via phone and then via email) should we find ourselves in a place to make an offer of acceptance to you in the near future."

Seven weeks after May 1, they email us this. Not only that, we have to wait a few more weeks. I'm sorry but if I'm expected to get my financial aid, lease, etc all in order supposedly about a month before classes start then I will rip my hair out. The new cycle started three whole weeks ago. What about all of the people who already spend thousands on the next cycle only to be told this? I am so disheartened and frustrated. I hope Cinci learns from this one, and I am still very hopeful to hear from them.

From the looks of things if I were to get the call, I’m going to have to pack up my important things, jump in my car and drive across the country immediately. I’ll have to send for my cat later haha. Crazy times but you know we’ll happily oblige if we get that phone call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted this morning. 2nd tier! I've been lurking here for a while and made an account just to let you guys know they've moved on to the second tier. Thanks for all of the information you've been gathering here. I hope all of you can still get in somewhere.

Reactions: 9 users
Just got accepted this morning. 2nd tier! I've been lurking here for a while and made an account just to let you guys know they've moved on to the second tier. Thanks for all of the information you've been gathering here. I hope all of you can still get in somewhere.

Congrats! This is the best news!

called the office, they are less than 10% done with the second tier, still not giving out where you are in the tier but at least the list is moving.

Reactions: 1 users
called the office, they are less than 10% done with the second tier, still not giving out where you are in the tier but at least the list is moving.

Jeez I wish they would just tell us what our position is. Like c’mon. It’s so late in the cycle and we’ve already had to suffer enough help us out a little hahah

Have they indicated that at some point they will be telling us our positions?

I have o.f.f.i.c.i.a.l.l.y lost hope

Called the office to get some info and nobody answered... Anyone else have this problem today?

Curious about this too. Wonder when they would give a firm yes or no
I don't think they will be sharing this info. No compelling reason for them to so, and it doesn't really change anything for waitlisted students.

Called the office to get some info and nobody answered... Anyone else have this problem today?
"Sorry, the number you have called was busy. Please try again later." was what I got today

Last edited:
I called earlier, they said one person was removed off the waitlist today.

Reactions: 2 users
I created a discord/group chat for the remaining people on the waitlist. Please feel free to join and vent until we finally get a decision.