2018-2019 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just for info because I have organized several people to call periodically, middle of top 1/3rd was reached on 5/23 and the adcom office reported they reached the bottom of the top 1/3rd on 5/30. so 7 days made at least a bit of movement at the very least. I will report when I find out about the first person in the second third. I will be calling friday at 3pm in case anyone is getting antsy so we wont have to bug them too often.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how the M2's did on their USMLE step 1? I hear it went poorly but have not heard a concrete number on it yet.
I had heard from students who just finished first year that after the first wave of students who took step, the average was decent and better than they had expected but they haven't heard much since.

Members don't see this ad :)
just for info because I have organized several people to call periodically, middle of top 1/3rd was reached on 5/23 and the adcom office reported they reached the bottom of the top 1/3rd on 5/30. so 7 days made at least a bit of movement at the very least. I will report when I find out about the first person in the second third. I will be calling friday at 3pm in case anyone is getting antsy so we wont have to bug them too often.

I called this morning and got the same info; they stated they were still on the bottom of the top 1/3. Don't give up hope!

I had heard from students who just finished first year that after the first wave of students who took step, the average was decent and better than they had expected but they haven't heard much since.
they had a lot of people push it out, also scores just came out

Does anyone know if the step average score was improved or not after the curriculum change?

based on professors I have spoken with I do not think so, but I doubt it went down any. theres less classroom time which is a plus.

got nothing new from adcom, still bottom of top 1/3rd

Reactions: 6 users
does anyone know of anyone accepted recently? also specify what third they were and if they are on SDN?

Reactions: 1 user
after a call today, still at the same spot on the WL as last friday. thanks c_yang for calling! you da real MVP and im not talking about mitral valve prolapse over here.

Honestly I don’t think the waitlist is going to change until shortly after the CTE deadline. Accepted applicants who do not intend on going there probably haven’t formally withdrawn. The CTE deadline will reveal those applicants and then the committee will go from there. That’s just my theory.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we expect more scholarships to be given out after the CTE deadline passes as well?

Do we expect more scholarships to be given out after the CTE deadline passes as well?
doubtful lol. most of WSU's are URM scholarships anyways so if you qualify there is a possibility, the rest of them are like 1k here and there but dont amount to much

i wonder what percentage of people are CTE'd (and holding no other WLs)

totally read your post wrong the first time I responded. My point was lets hope alot of people who have PTE will stay PTE and not turn to CTE OPENING up more seats given offers are rescinded

Last edited:

Should be zero 100%. By selecting CTE applicants agree to not be on any waitlists, or have any active applications under consideration at any other schools (though AMCAS wouldn't necessarily know if this agreement was being broken). Since this is a whole new process, I'd be surprised if anyone wants to risk their future and test this to see what what kind of recourse AAMC/schools they are CTE at will take.

lets hope alot of people who have PTE will stay PTE and not turn to CTE OPENING up more seats given offers are rescinded

Again, who is going to risk their future on not pushing CTE on the 17th? For people that missed the PTE deadline (like me), the school emailed me and I quickly corrected it (after freaking out that I might have lost my seat). So my guess, the few people who forget to push CTE on the 17th will get emails/calls and it will get corrected. For me, I am on a few waitlists and even haven't gotten a decision from one school, but I fully plan on pushing CTE on the 17th and will happily secure my seat and future at BSOM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be zero. By selecting CTE applicants agree to not be on any waitlists, or have any active applications under consideration at any other schools (though AMCAS wouldn't necessarily know if this agreement was being broken). Since this is a whole new process, I'd be surprised if anyone wants to risk their future and test this to see what what kind of recourse AAMC/schools they are CTE at will take.

Again, who is going to risk their future on not pushing CTE on the 17th? For people that missed the PTE deadline (like me), the school emailed me and I quickly corrected it (after freaking out that I might have lost my seat). So my guess, the few people who forget to push CTE on the 17th will get emails/calls and it will get corrected. For me, I am on a few waitlists and even haven't gotten a decision from one school, but I fully plan on pushing CTE on the 17th and will happily secure my seat and future at BSOM.
if you look across a lot of threads it doesn't appear that schools are penalizing students for accepting after the CTE deadline. ( I have seen several students who have CTE then gotten in elsewhere and pulled their acceptance).

Reactions: 1 users
it doesn't appear that schools are penalizing students for accepting after the CTE deadline
No way on earth I'd risk it. Plus I sort of have a ethical issue in saying I will do something and then not doing it... but hey, to each their own.

if you look across a lot of threads it doesn't appear that schools are penalizing students for accepting after the CTE deadline. ( I have seen several students who have CTE then gotten in elsewhere and pulled their acceptance).

Right, my understanding is you can’t be forced to go somewhere. I foresee people withdrawing after they CTE. Which is why I think in the waitlist email it said to wait until July 15th for one’s application to be officially closed.

Should be zero 100%. By selecting CTE applicants agree to not be on any waitlists, or have any active applications under consideration at any other schools (though AMCAS wouldn't necessarily know if this agreement was being broken). Since this is a whole new process, I'd be surprised if anyone wants to risk their future and test this to see what what kind of recourse AAMC/schools they are CTE at will take.

my point was not that people would risk there acceptance..rather they just did not withdraw their application and were accepted elsewhere

No way on earth I'd risk it. Plus I sort of have a ethical issue in saying I will do something and then not doing it... but hey, to each their own.
im just saying thats whats happening at hofstra, UK, louiville and some others I know.

im just saying thats whats happening at hofstra, UK, louiville and some others I know.

Second this. It seems like the CTE deadline hasn’t been a hard deadline at many schools. Many programs are being lenient as I have seen on a few other SDN forums.

Does anyone know when the orientation schedule is going to be posted?

AAMC put forth the CTE as a suggestion, not as a rule. AAMC will not be enforcing anything or penalizing any students. Unless Wright State, or any other school, specifically states that CTE for them requires that student's drop all other acceptances and WL, than it isn't unethical or putting anything at risk to not do so.

When I spoke with the office, they said they are calling everyone just to make sure they are still interested. IDK what they will ask beyond that but I think its just to make sure that you have not committed somewhere else and forgot about informing them (which they say happens almost yearly when someone does not show up in orientation)

on my count there are 30 schools that have a CTE date before WSU starts orientation on July 7th, maybe that may cause some movement. I don't always stress, but when I do, I prefer statistics.

Withdrew my acceptance here today. One spot opening up! Good luck y’all

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my acceptance here today. One spot opening up! Good luck y’all
You have no idea how many peoples day you made today..best of luck to you good sir/Ma'am ! Where will you be heading?? Congrats!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my app yesterday. Best of luck to everyone living in limbo!

Reactions: 5 users
lets hope tomorrow yeilds some good news, and by good news I mean that they finish the top tier lol

Reactions: 5 users
I’ll call

... wish me luck y’all lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Not the best news :cryi: . Still at the bottom of the top third. A good amount of people have CTE’d and spots are being offered when someone withdraws.

Not the best news :cryi: . Still at the bottom of the top third. A good amount of people have CTE’d and spots are being offered when someone withdraws.
so were spots offered when the two individual withdrew recently...i'm assuming that was not answered. Well thanks for calling hopefully other lists move to result in movement here.

so were spots offered when the two individual withdrew recently...i'm assuming that was not answered. Well thanks for calling hopefully other lists move to result in movement here.

Yea those spots were offered. They said a couple of seats were offered this week so I’m assuming it was those withdrawals. This just shows us how big the waitlist must be.

Last edited:
Yea those spots were offered. They said a couple of seats were offered this week so I’m assuming it was those withdraws. This just shows us how big the waitlist must be.
Wow that's crazy I have to be like the last person on this list. Did they say anything about having to rescind offers?

Wow that's crazy I have to be like the last person on this list. Did they say anything about having to rescind offers?

Yea that’s why I wasn’t really optimistic because if you haven’t gotten the call yet, no significant movement has occurred. Ugh this hurts.

• Sad
Yeah it really does hurt...They stated everyone has CTED and only couple other people are on waitlists...so yeah doesn't look promising at all.

• Sad
Yeah it really does hurt...They stated everyone has CTED and only couple other people are on waitlists...so yeah doesn't look promising at all.
When you say only a couple other people are still on WL does this mean Boonshoft can see through AMCAS which students are still on other waitlists even after CTEing? Or that they have yet to CTE? I withdrew from my other WL after I CTEed but haven’t received confirmation so I was wondering if I should reach out to them...

When you say only a couple other people are still on WL does this mean Boonshoft can see through AMCAS which students are still on other waitlists even after CTEing? Or that they have yet to CTE? I withdrew from my other WL after I CTEed but haven’t received confirmation so I was wondering if I should reach out to them...
So from what I understood is that BSOM can see who is CTE and on other waitlists. BSOM will reach out to these students on a case by case basis to request that they drop or rescind their offer. There is no hard deadline on when they would rescind the offers like the individual stated it will be a case by case basis. So to answer your question Yes BSOM can see which studetns are still on other waitlists even after CTEING.

just spoke with the office, so they said that it is up to the student to withdrawal their WLs as they cannot see those. They will however receive a notification if you are accepted elsewhere. So basically they do not know where or how many people have not cancled but as of rn none of their people are accepted at other schools. except a few that got waivers

just spoke with the office, so they said that it is up to the student to withdrawal their WLs as they cannot see those. They will however receive a notification if you are accepted elsewhere. So basically they do not know where or how many people have not cancled but as of rn none of their people are accepted at other schools. except a few that got waivers
^^more accurate; thank you for checking!

Last year they went to bottom of the waitlist towards the end of the summer. And, there is still movement. Gave up a spot earlier this past week and a half.