2018 Match List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok for one, there is no such thing as “an Ivy League residency.” And two you clearly don’t know the power of a connection if you don’t think a connection alone wouldn’t be able to cut it. Who you know is far more important what what you know.

The guys was probably a great applicant, I’m still doubtful he had some mythical step score as I have yet to find a stellar DO match that had one. Usually these applicants look like an MD on paper and have made some sort of connection.

What’s your definition of mythical? The average for MD students for ENT is very high already. And Penn is a top 10 hospital in the nation.

Members don't see this ad.

What’s your definition of mythical? The average for MD students for ENT is very high already. And Penn is a top 10 hospital in the nation.

260+. And yes it is but you aren’t listening. I personally know the step scores of many of the DOs who have previously matched into residencies of equal caliber and not a single one that I know had over a 260 with more than a few in the 240s.

I’m not saying he doesn’t, he very well may, but I’m trying to tell you that it isn’t the score that got him the spot, I don’t care if it was a 280.

I wouldn't worry about it, these OMS0's will be singing a different tune in a couple years when they see how 2019 and 2020 does and they realize they are too far in to quit. They were told what they wanted to hear (i.e. You can do anything! Your special!), and are simply trying to 'speak it into existance' like Lavar Ball.

This post didn’t age well, did it?

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)