2018 Official University of Oklahoma interviews and acceptances!

I called to check my status since I hadn't gotten an email and was told over the phone.

Members don't see this ad.

It told me in my e-mail.
(Is this what it said word for word? This is my email and I was wondering if I'm really up "next")
The Admissions Committee has chosen you to be an alternate for this next entering class to fill any positions that become available in the weeks and months ahead. In the event someone declines or cancels their position in the class you will be next in line for consideration.

(Is this what it said word for word? This is my email and I was wondering if I'm really up "next")
The Admissions Committee has chosen you to be an alternate for this next entering class to fill any positions that become available in the weeks and months ahead. In the event someone declines or cancels their position in the class you will be next in line for consideration.
Looks like you are first alternate. It told me number 6.

Members don't see this ad :)
My email says I'm "next in line" too. It must be just a standard message.

I'm just worried because I never got a number and others did I guess? Do you have one?
I'll copy and paste mine exactly

'The Admissions Committee has completed deliberations for the current application cycle. You were chosen as the 6th alternate for the 2014 entering class. Alternates are on standby should a position in the class become available. Should someone decline or cancel his/her admissions offer in the weeks and months ahead, alternates are first in line to be considered as a replacement."

I'm just worried because I never got a number and others did I guess? Do you have one?
You should call Sally tomorrow. Thats how I knew I'm 2nd on the oos list then I got the e-mail later.

In state from southwest area of Oklahoma and excited to be a Sooner!

who all received good news today?
Haha...read the thread :D I've got to discuss things with the wife/fiancee a bit more, but it looks like I'm turning down an OOS spot and $20K in scholarship.

Haha...read the thread :D I've got to discuss things with the wife/fiancee a bit more, but it looks like I'm turning down an OOS spot and $20K in scholarship.

Illfavor, did you interview at Baylor Nov. 20th?

"OU College of Dentistry- DDS Class of 2018"

If you have trouble finding it, message me

Last edited:
#9 on alternate list. Hopefully I'll be ok. Sally said last year only 7 of 20 OOS accepted the offer...

Last edited:
Dental express is in need of dental assistants. The dentist, Dr. VanHorn, there wants to hire predentals who have a strong desire to learn and are willing to work hard. I have worked there for the past three months and it is a terrific work environment. The dentist is a recent grad so she is willing to take extra time to explain procedures and provide advice that will help you succeed as a dental student. The patients are 95% Hispanic with very little English, so being fluent in Spanish would be very helpful. If you want to apply for the chance to work at this wonderful practice contact Joann, she is the office manager, at 405-2124549. This job would be especially helpful for people who have not yet applied or have had to reapply.

If you are OOS and was accepted, could you please post if you are declining the offer so those who are waiting have an idea? Thanks!

hey guys, OOS here. i received an acceptance offer but will be declining. good luck to those on the waiting list!

If you are in the top 10 OOS alternate list, could you please post where you are deciding to go? Or if you are truly waiting for OU?

Just declined my acceptance. Good luck guys!

If you are in the top 10 OOS alternate list, could you please post where you are deciding to go? Or if you are truly waiting for OU?

I'm 2nd on the OOS wait list but I'm going to MUSC.

Reactions: 1 user
Even though I was rejected from OU I still love this school for keeping their applicants so in the loop. If only other schools could pick up on this. It must be so reassuring knowing your position on the wait list is solid and not having to worry about post December interviewees coming in and demoting you on the list.