2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bruh, submitted primary day one, received and completed secondary 7/14,still no complete email. Anyone else on this ****ty timeline?...
Congrats on the II’s everyone
+1 but secondary received/submitted 7/17

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has everyone who received a II also received a complete email?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
It spreads

When we all matriculate to wherever, we need to ask "did you get a complete email?" to classmates at orientation. If they laugh, you know its an SDNer. Can be like a secret handshake

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
II earlier today! LM 72, IS, Submitted 7/10, complete email August 1st

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else unable to log back in to the interview scheduler? It thinks I never got an invite lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m still waiting on a complete email unfortunately

Reactions: 6 users
similar stats/IS/submitted early and god this cycle is bringing me down... I can seem to get a single II...
I felt the same way until this week when I finally got a bunch of interviews. It’s still very early and its the first week for a lot of schools to start sending interviews. From what I’ve seen, most schools aren’t actually going in order and thousands of applicants just like us applied early. You might be tired of hearing the same thing... but be patient. Your time will come eventually

Reactions: 4 users
For those who have scheduled IIs, when exactly are you supposed to check in and when does interview day end? Trying to schedule a flight before I pick a date/time

In the email it says the interview day lasts from 9:15 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. I would plan on leaving at 3:30/45 just in case but if you have your stuff, you can head straight to the airport. We check in at Ross Hall (the email has all the info) and the admissions staff comes to get us around 9:15 AM so I would plan to come earlier.

You sure this is Einstein and not another school? Current M2 and I'm like 99.99% sure there is nowhere on campus called Ross Hall. Also interview days typically end here around 2. Check in time usually depends on when your actual interview is scheduled.

Reactions: 3 users
Omg, sorry! Lol I thought I was on a different thread for this II question.

• Haha
I am trying to answer the reapplicant question. Last year I applied very late (November and December) and was waitlisted at a school that has a similar class profile to Einstein. Should I mention the name of the school in my answer? Also, do I have to put all the schools I applied to or a short list is fine?

I am trying to answer the reapplicant question. Last year I applied very late (November and December) and was waitlisted at a school that has a similar class profile to Einstein. Should I mention the name of the school in my answer? Also, do I have to put all the schools I applied to or a short list is fine?
Applications close by November 1. How did you apply that late?

Got the II email (yaaay!!) but can't log into the portal (noooo!!) I called them and a nice lady told me to wait 30 minutes so that the portal has a chance to update, and to get in touch if it still isn't working. Hopefully the system just needs a lil time to get everything together :eggface:

For anyone that has been able to log in, what dates were available? I gotta start freaking out about what classes to miss LOL

Reactions: 2 users
Got the II email (yaaay!!) but can't log into the portal (noooo!!) I called them and a nice lady told me to wait 30 minutes so that the portal has a chance to update, and to get in touch if it still isn't working. Hopefully the system just needs a lil time to get everything together :eggface:

For anyone that has been able to log in, what dates were available? I gotta start freaking out about what classes to miss LOL
They had a lot of available dates throughout September and early October! A lot of Tuesdays and Thursdays if I remember correctly.

Also a problem with mine is that my username was an older email I had linked to AMCAS and not the most recent one

Anyone else still not receive a complete email? Submitted 7/17

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone try an ITA letter here?
If so, was your letter sent pre or post II?
What effect did it have?

II this evening; easily the coolest name for a med school; OOS

If you like the name, you'll probably love these little cartoon Einsteins all around campus:

Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 7.38.22 PM.png

(yes, we really enjoy the einstein thing)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Oh yeah?
Well when I graduate I’m starting my own school, the “Stephen Hawking School of Medicine.”
Theory of relativity, my ass...

II yesterday, but having trouble accessing the interview portal. What is the login we are supposed to use? I am trying my AAMC credentials with no success.

II yesterday, but having trouble accessing the interview portal. What is the login we are supposed to use? I am trying my AAMC credentials with no success.

Haha, this took me a while to figure out too - use your email as the ID and the password you made for the interview portal!

Is anyone's interview portal not going through? I scheduled the interview earlier and now want to see if there is any additional info but am unable to reload the link.

Is anyone's interview portal not going through? I scheduled the interview earlier and now want to see if there is any additional info but am unable to reload the link.
email Mary Pace. They seem to be resolving this issue on a case by cases basis via IT

Last edited:
As an fyi to those who seem to be having portal issues today: the main campus wifi is currently down so that may be affecting things

Hi guys,

Does anybody know if einstein has any sort of flexibility in regards to the major letter requirement?

I'm a psych major & have 2 science (ochem+physics) and an english letter. Not sure if i want to fork over the secondary money if they won't even consider my app.

Thanks fam

does anyone know what type of interview einstein has? is it traditional? mmi? etc.

do they do student hosts for interviews? i could have sworn i saw it somewhere but now i can't find any information on it.

Anyone else get that diversity email just now? Got catfished into thinking it was a new II ;-;

Sales pitch from a source not knowing whether you even applied.
It actually said "Congratulations on being selected for an interview [at Albert Einstein College of Medicine]", so I guess they were trying to reach out to interviewees, but the subject line was very ambiguously "Diversity Enhancement" so it could've been any school :(

Have you worked in basic or clinical research at Einstein/Montefiore?
If you answered, "yes" to the above question, please tell us where and when. If your answer was, "no," please write “NA” in the box below.

Have you participated in an Einstein/Montefiore Pipeline Program during high school or college?
If you answered "yes" to the above question, please name the program(s) and year. If your answer was, "no," please write “NA” in the box below.

Have you ever volunteered at Einstein/Montefiore in one of our clinical areas, other than research or a Pipeline Program?
If you answered, "yes" to the above question, please tell us where and when. If your answer was, "no," please write “NA” in the box below.

If you answered "yes" that you have worked with us here at Einstein/Montefiore, will a letter from an Einstein/Montefiore faculty member be included in your evaluations?
If a letter from an Einstein/Montefiore faculty member will be included in your evaluations, please tell us the name, title and department of the letter writer. If your answer was, "no," please write “NA” in the box below.

Do you have a family member who is a current employee (non-faculty) of an Einstein/Montefiore affiliated hospital?
If you answered "yes" to the above, please tell us the name, department and institution. If you answered “no,” please write “NA.”

Do you have a family member who is currently enrolled as an Einstein medical or graduate student?
If you answered "yes" to the above, please tell us the name and class year. If you answered “no,” please write “NA.”

Do you have a family member who is currently a Faculty member at an Einstein/Montefiore affiliated hospital?
If you answered "yes" to the above, please tell us the name, department, academic title, and hospital of each family member. If you answered “no,” please write “NA.”

Do you have a family member who is an Einstein Alumnus (MD degree or PhD degree)?
If you answered "yes" to the above, please tell us the name and the year of graduation. If you answered “no,” please write “NA.”

The first question is a simple yes/no, then the follow-up question below it has a 3000 character limit.