2019-2020 VCOM/Bluefield MABS Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For men they basically require a collared shirt, non-jean pants, and shoes that aren't flip flops/sandals/sneakers. As WHEscribble said, they're strict about the dress code, but men still have a lot of freedom to dress as they want and women have even more freedom.

Although they operate on rolling admissions, it's definitely not too late. Earlier is better, but take your time and make sure you're completely satisfied with your application before submitting.

My two cents. Currently enrolled in the program, and personally I didn't find out about MABS until three weeks before the deadline in April. I wasn't able to submit until the week before the deadline, and my application wasn't actually marked as complete until after the deadline because of the amount of time it took for PostBacCAS to verify my transcripts. I knew it was a shot in the dark and assumed I wouldn't get in, but then one day in June I unexpectedly got the good news.
Hi,
I am kind of in the same boat with just finding out about the program but I am still missing some pre-requisites like 1 year of Organic Chem, part two of Physics and Chem. I can get all those done by this summer, August 8 but with the deadline being in April will they accept my transcript of these courses after that time frame? Or am I better off applying for the next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am kind of in the same boat with just finding out about the program but I am still missing some pre-requisites like 1 year of Organic Chem, part two of Physics and Chem. I can get all those done by this summer, August 8 but with the deadline being in April will they accept my transcript of these courses after that time frame? Or am I better off applying for the next cycle?

be sure to email them or call them!

try not to rush your courses

Hi,
The program starts at the end of July, so I’m not sure you could do all that. Plus, you will be so burnt out before even starting the semester.

Hello future MABS students and future DOctors. I've got an important resource for you guys. Its a question bank (qbank) from many years of the certificate program and VCOM classes. This was of great use to me and many others in the class. However, only a handful of people got it last year and they used it quietly. However, to even the playing field and ensure that every one of you has an equal opportunity to succeed in this amazing program, I'd be sharing the link to the qbank here. Before I do that, let me say a few things...

There were times when 90-95% of the questions in this qbank repeated themselves on exams and there were other times when no question showed up. The morale of this is that you SHOULD NOT solely depend on this qbank and you SHOULD definitely study for your exams, however, please make sure to look over the question in this bank and use them as a great resource to complement your studying. That said, here is the link. Use wisely!! Go dominate guys!!

MABS/VCOM Old Question Bank
i can't see the link. can you please repost?