2019-2020 Wright State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an update on my waitlist status today.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
what are y’all’s interest levels in Boonshoft compared to other schools/offers?
This is "the one" for me. I'll drop everything if they accept me... It was one of those "holy cow, we are made for each other" kind of interview days. Lol

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone. Waitlist rankings I believe got sent today. I got mine. Top third. Anyone know if letter of intents make a difference? How far into the waitlist do they usually move through and if so how soon!?! The whole anticipation of a yes or no is crazy! Best of luck everyone!

Does anyone know approximately how many people are on the waitlist?

Does anyone have any news/contacted the office to see if there has been any movement?
I doubt there will be until May 1st when people have to give acceptances. But as someone on the bottom third I find it highly unlikely it'll go there. But ya never know. Last years thread indicated they didnt get pass the middle

To those accepted, Has anyone received a financial aid package yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
To those accepted, Has anyone received a financial aid package yet?
No, they said they will start giving FA packages beginning of April and scholarship awards will be given near the end of April.

95% sure I’ll be at BSOM next year! Can any current students share their thoughts on a tablet for note taking? Currently have everything Apple, but I’ve heard strong preference for surface pro at other schools.

Has anyone been able to contact to ask if there has been any movement or number of people on the list?
I think true movement will occur after April 30th as people who have multiple acceptances will have to choose one and give up the others.

Just to update you guys: I received my financial aid award on April 1st. Only the loans part was given. They said scholarships will be sent from now-onwards until the end of July.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone recall if there’s a deposit that needs to be paid by a certain date for accepted students?

Has anyone received a scholarship yet? Or know anything about the scholarships that are offered? For example, are they mostly merit-based, need-based, for minorities, first-gen, preference given based on where you live, etc.?

I feel like I am just as nervous waiting to hear about scholarships as I was waiting for an acceptance (lol because both seem/seemed just as impossible but the desperate hope is/was real!!)

Does anyone recall if there’s a deposit that needs to be paid by a certain date for accepted students?

I never got any information regarding that whatsoever, but I guess I could have missed something?

Hi everyone, just withdrew my acceptance here. Hoping it goes to one of you guys! Good luck

Has anyone received a scholarship yet? Or know anything about the scholarships that are offered? For example, are they mostly merit-based, need-based, for minorities, first-gen, preference given based on where you live, etc.?

I feel like I am just as nervous waiting to hear about scholarships as I was waiting for an acceptance (lol because both seem/seemed just as impossible but the desperate hope is/was real!!)
I don't know the exact details, but on my interview day, I was told that scholarships are mostly need-based. The average scholarship for a first year is $1,500, according to Ms. Feichtner.

Nope, no deposit was asked to be paid for accepting your seat. We just had to fill and return the Docusign document which was sent to accepted students through email.

Withdrew my acceptance today (accepted back in January). I hope it goes to one of you on the WL!

Reactions: 2 users
finishing my masters at WSU this semester and going to medical school at another school which starts around the same time, Looking to get out of my lease between May 5th and June instead of August 31, message me for details.
10 minutes from campus, 5 minutes to the Dayton children's, 10 to Miami valley. 4 miles from campus
1 bed room, pool, tennis courts in a quiet neighborhood. MSG me for additional details.
$599 a month (without a room mate), 650sq feet
total cost, including utilities (water and electric) and internet comes out to $715/month
parking spot included
1st floor, 1 story apt building, end unit very quiet, well lit parking lots with private laundromat on site.

anyone looking to rent yet? Spoke with the rental office, they will still allow me to sign the lease over to someone if they need a place to stay. I am moving to chicago anyways. Msg me for details.

i know i’ve asked about this already, but has anyone received any scholarship or anything? i have yet to hear about anyone getting one, but figured we would hear before april 30th since that’s when we can commit

i know i’ve asked about this already, but has anyone received any scholarship or anything? i have yet to hear about anyone getting one, but figured we would hear before april 30th since that’s when we can commit

Nope, nothing yet!

Update for those on waitlist: 128 students currently accepted on the BAMS portal. Dropped from 138, so 10 students withdrew their acceptance. Noone accepted off the waitlist yet. The last person accepted was on March 31st.

Update for those on waitlist: 128 students currently accepted on the BAMS portal. Dropped from 138, so 10 students withdrew their acceptance. Noone accepted off the waitlist yet. The last person accepted was on March 31st.

I'm guessing there will be more dropped after may 1st? I'm in the bottom third so I think my chances of getting in are slim and would only happen near the absolute end of the cycle near late June / early July

I withdrew my acceptance today. Hopefully, someone lucky receives it! Good luck, everyone!

withdrew today, good luck everyone! btw i believe merit aid went out this morning

How many people are selected for the final class?
I think I remember it was around 120 or so from the MSAR. But, the list movement can sometimes go deep. My friend was in the bottom two thirds two cycles ago and got in so I think it varies year to year.

121 students on portal right now. Down from 128 yesterday.

If there's anybody else in the hard position of deciding between schools today, feel free to DM me. Struggling with the same myself and would love to have someone else to talk through it with.

As of April 30th 4:04 pm, total of 118 students on the portal.

Withdrew! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist

Reactions: 3 users
what does that mean again (for the waitlist)? Sorry haven’t been following the thread
It means two ppl will be taken off the waitlist to fill the class of 120. Now this is only at the moment. Far more seats will open up soon.

As of April 30th 4:04 pm: total of 118 students on the portal.
As of May1st 10:25 am: total of 110 students on the portal

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted by email off the WL, top 1/3. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users