2019-2020 Wright State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
finishing my masters at WSU this semester and going to medical school at another school which starts around the same time, Looking to get out of my lease between May 5th and June instead of August 31, message me for details.
10 minutes from campus, 5 minutes to the Dayton children's, 10 to Miami valley. 4 miles from campus
1 bed room, pool, tennis courts in a quiet neighborhood. MSG me for additional details.
$599 a month (without a room mate), 650sq feet
total cost, including utilities (water and electric) and internet comes out to $715/month
parking spot included
1st floor, 1 story apt building, end unit very quiet, well lit parking lots with private laundromat on site.
There is normally a wait list for this complex during the summer months.
What do you like about Rush as compared to Wright BSOM?

Members don't see this ad.

What do you like about Rush as compared to Wright BSOM?
faculty was significantly better published/ all are practicing physicians (no basic scientists leading course material), attached to ranked residencies, they place students at a much higher percentage to sub-specialty among ranked programs in each field, nicer facilities, most of the students are coming in with masters degrees/doctorates, better funding for research. Also was told by all of the doctors whom I have worked with previously to go to rush when I told them about both acceptances.

I also like the curriculum better, it was very different setup from wright state in terms of how they set up the courses. 1 pass method of teaching and also less class time, no text books, and online lectures for supplemental with in class active learning. Atmosphere was overall more positive.

did you get accepted to both?

Reactions: 1 user
faculty was significantly better published/ all are practicing physicians (no basic scientists leading course material), attached to ranked residencies, they place students at a much higher percentage to sub-specialty among ranked programs in each field, nicer facilities, most of the students are coming in with masters degrees/doctorates, better funding for research. Also was told by all of the doctors whom I have worked with previously to go to rush when I told them about both acceptances.

I also like the curriculum better, it was very different setup from wright state in terms of how they set up the courses. 1 pass method of teaching and also less class time, no text books, and online lectures for supplemental with in class active learning. Atmosphere was overall more positive.

Thank you for the detailed response!! I am still waiting to hear back from Rush but accepted to Wright State. Both are top in my school list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the detailed response!! I am still waiting to hear back from Rush but accepted to Wright State. Both are top in my school list.
if you really liked rush write a letter of intent, i was accepted right off the bat after that. Obviously idk if it made a difference but I doubt it hurt.

Congrats on the acceptance to Rush! When did you apply, interview, and get accepted to BSOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I am just trying to gage how much the waitlist can possibly shift from now until April.
When I interview there they said that generally the top 1/3 of the waitlist will get accepted and then part of the middle 1/3

Does anyone know when they lock in the list? Wanted to know the latest I could wait before sending my update letter

Does anyone know when they lock in the list? Wanted to know the latest I could wait before sending my update letter
They said that they tell everyone where they fall on the waitlist on April 1st and they will have their last committee meeting the last week of March I believe

Do you know when your friend interviewed? I know someone that was personally told that she was at the top of the waitlist and hasn't heard anything yet.
They have also rejected people from the list. I called and they said they took people they knew they could not make offers to

Did you call them personally and ask about your position on the wait list? I am thinking about calling them next week to find out.
I remeber I called and they did not give any indication of where I was at

So I didn't know this but the update thing online was only for before committee meetings. Once they give out a decision they dont look at any updates from you. Wish they would've told me before I had no idea

So I didn't know this but the update thing online was only for before committee meetings. Once they give out a decision they dont look at any updates from you. Wish they would've told me before I had no idea
You might still be able to email them? Idk

Also if you call and ask they will tell you . They pull from waitlist as needed

My friend called and was told that no one from the waitlist was accepted because the waitlist hasn't even been completed yet. The waitlist won't be complete until after the last committee meeting which I believe is tonight and everyone is put in order by their ranking!

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know when the merit scholarship will come out? and was fafsa needed?

My friend called and was told that no one from the waitlist was accepted because the waitlist hasn't even been completed yet. The waitlist won't be complete until after the last committee meeting which I believe is tonight and everyone is put in order by their ranking!
Awkward because I was told otherwise but who knows . At this point

Two students were added to the accepted students list on BAMS portal on 3/10/2020 (yesterday)

what is the implication of this?
I was speculating that the committee met on Monday this week and accepted only two students from the group and waitlisted everyone else. Just a speculation tho. Maybe since all the Wright State classes are closed on-campus due to Coronavirus, they decided to meet early.