2019-2020 Wright State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping I see an email in the next few days :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Any news on waitlist movement since May 1st?
Hopefully there is a lot of movement. Last years thread indicated they barely dipped into second tier whereas two years ago they got to the bottom third by late May. It would help though to know how many people they place on the list.

Members don't see this ad :)
As of April 30th 4:04 pm: total of 118 students on the portal.
As of May1st 10:25 am: total of 110 students on the portal
As of May 4th 4:00 pm: total of 110 students on the portal (no one added to portal since March 31st, only deleted)

As of May 4th 4:00 pm: total of 110 students on the portal (no one added to portal since March 31st, only deleted)
Nail-biter!!

As of May 5th 5:00 pm: total of 120 students on the portal (10 people from waitlist added)

Reactions: 1 user
As of May 5th 5:00 pm: total of 120 students on the portal (10 people from waitlist added)
Oof that means most people kept their position even after the AMCAS deadline to give up other acceptances. Not looking great for people on bottom third like myself

Oof that means most people kept their position even after the AMCAS deadline to give up other acceptances. Not looking great for people on bottom third like myself

do you knowhow many are on the waitlist avg each year?

This is all seriously giving me anxiety

I'm showing 108 in the class of 2024 on the portal as of right now.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As of May7th 10:25 am: total of 108 students on the portal (not sure how so many people dropped)

Hi guys, I was accepted today off waitlist, top third! Best of luck to all of you :)

• Love
hpow long before you're added to the portal? my friend just returned their contract..

As of May7th 10:25 am: total of 108 students on the portal (not sure how so many people dropped)
As of May8th 1:22 pm: total of 108 students on the portal

• Love

that just means little to no waitlist movement right? Still finalizing decisions?

that just means little to no waitlist movement right? Still finalizing decisions?
Yess! There is and will be more waitlist movement, as people withdraw their acceptances. At one point, there were 148 accepted people and now its' down to 108.

Reactions: 2 users
113 in the portal right now- 3:30 pm on May 10th

As of May10th 3:30 pm: total of 113 students on the portal

They won't be sending out any more acceptances this week. Admissions says we should know more in 10-14 days.

They won't be sending out any more acceptances this week. Admissions says we should know more in 10-14 days.
oof! tight timeline for out-of-state folks like me. staying hopeful, though!

Did you call them? Did they say anything about why or how far down the list they are? Why are they taking a 2 week hiatus?
Yeah I called last week and they followed up with me today. They didn't give me any information about how far they are on the waitlist but they did say they are waiting to see if some M1's may need to repeat.

Yeah I called last week and they followed up with me today. They didn't give me any information about how far they are on the waitlist but they did say they are waiting to see if some M1's may need to repeat.
Let’s hope last years M1 class are smart as hell

• Love
I’m so surprised that they are leaving spots open for people from previous classes. That doesn’t make sense that they would take away seats from an entering class. I wish we knew how far down the list they are at least.

I agree - I feel like that's really unfair to those of us on the waitlist.

Outgoing (hopefully) M1 here:

Let's be honest, med-school is no walk in the park.

Circumstances throughout your life change plans. I think that there are already about 3-4 people who will be joining your class because of life circumstances. Another few might be added to that number depending on the final exam we have in two weeks. This last module (Staying Alive) is notorious for failing many students. If we don't pass this exam or the re-take, we have to redo our first year (take grad courses until we reach the module we didn't pass). Therefore, we technically get added to the "Class of 2024" going forward. This has been done every year. These are students that have already gotten in and studied extremely hard, but failed a single exam or course.

So, when you get in and you struggle with your classes, you will most definitely appreciate that WSUBSOM gives you the opportunity to try again in the year below you, rather than just kick you out. I understand that you may be frustrated, but don't knock down your future colleagues, friends, and alma mater.

• Love
If I didn't make it clear, the two week hiatus on acceptances is probably because we have our final exams in two weeks (May 26 and 29). Then re-takes are in the first week of June. We will all know our status then.

• Love

I know that they aren’t adding anyone for the next couple of weeks, but has the number decreased from 113 at all this week?

Not sure who you all are talking to but my friend just got offered yesterday.

As of May16th 10:55 am: total of 113 students on the portal (noone added since May 10th)

withdrawing my acceptance today. I hope one of you gets it!

As of May16th 10:55 am: total of 113 students on the portal (noone added since May 10th)
As of May19th 12:00 pm: total of 114 students on the portal

Does anyone know how many total have been accepted off of the top 1/3 portion of the waitlist?

This slow movement on the waitlist compared to previous years is honestly starting to scare me especially with school starting in 1.5 months. I wish they’d send some sort of an update letter letting us know how everything is looking especially with campus being closed and we don’t have much access to admissions because no one picks up the admissions phone. Has anyone been able to reach them through phone or anything? Has there been any change on portal?

I hear they are responsive to emails.

Just received an email from admissions. They stated they are currently making offers periodically from the top third of the waitlist. They also said they "anticipate more frequent movement from the waitlist towards the end of May and beginning of June." They said they could not give any more specific information at this time.

Thank you for the update! Are you in the top 1/3 as well? Did they say how far into the top 1/3 they are and about the fact that they Are waiting for M1’s to take finals?

also for people who have access to the portal is it still at 114?

I'm in middle 1/3 so I forgot to ask how far they are along. I emailed them and they responded within the hour so I'm sure they would be happy to answer any additional questions you have. Please let us know if they give any more info!