2019 Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stoppingtheworld

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I wanted to create this thread for the 2019 JAMP applicants to talk about their stats, results, and provide overall support while we wait for the committee to make decisions. Feel free to hop in! Also, current JAMPers' advice and wisdom are greatly appreciated too!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

I just got to know about JAMP too, and I'm considering to retake the SAT event though my score is above average. It would be great if are any current JAMPERs in here who would give us advice and what to expect. Thank you and good luck to all!

Are you in high school? If so, then it probably wouldn't hurt to do that but if you're an undergrad, its really not necessary. SAT is one of things they look at out of many other factors. You should talk to your JFD; I am sure mine would say this ^.

Hi everyone,

I just got to know about JAMP too, and I'm considering to retake the SAT event though my score is above average. It would be great if are any current JAMPERs in here who would give us advice and what to expect. Thank you and good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got invited for an interview today!!! Anyone else? :)

I was just notified today also!

I was notified yesterday as well. Super excited! Is anyone else nervous about the interview though? I have no idea what type of questions to expect :unsure::unsure:

Hi everyone,

...Why?! Keep good grades in undergrad and get good letters. I have yet to hear someone wanting to retake the SAT. They have the dates on there, so they know what you got to get into undergrad. It’s not the same as the MCAT what so ever.

JAMP tries to go for holistic review too. So idk how much more the SAT would boost your app if it was already above average. May just be marginal. If you have the time and money (which technically JAMP is for traditionally underserved low SES, Pell-Grant students), go for it. But that’s just my opinion.

**If you are in high school, sure retake it if you want... but it’s still the same if you already have an above average score. It’s not going to change things that much.

I was notified yesterday as well. Super excited! Is anyone else nervous about the interview though? I have no idea what type of questions to expect :unsure::unsure:
I'm EXTREMELY nervous!!! Just look over typical medical school interviews online and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

I also got invited for an interview!! I am very excited and feel ready to tackle it! Cannot wait!

Last edited:
Do you guys think I will qualify as an undergrad freshman? Here are my stats:

African immigrant/ came here two years ago and I am a permanent resident
4.0 college GPA/ small liberal arts school in the east/ biochem major
Finished high school in Houston, TX
3.68 high school GPA
1140 SAT (600 math and 550 English)
120 hours of volunteering at a local underserved high school as a school coordinator
60 hours of volunteering in a nursing home
30 hours ( currently) of volunteering in a hospital
Will volunteer for around 90 hours in a hospital next semester
About 25 hours of shadowing an optometrist
Will shadow a primary care physician in May
Will travel to Shanghai, China to give volunteer service for an underserved community ( medical volunteering) for about 280 hours

I am planning on applying next cycle. Do y’all think I will qualify?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I would recommend reading the JAMP website for specifics on qualifications to apply. As long as you fit their criteria, you have a shot. In my opinion, it’s somewhat difficult to gauge how much of what the comittee is looking for in terms of accomplishments, especially considering how few JAMPers there are compared to tradintional applicants. I have friends at UT Austin and they have told me that applicants with the highest accomplishments were those who did not make it in nor got an interview (one thing I would say many students at my school have proved wrong). While I strongly believe that interview skills, underserved background and high undergraduate grades play a large role in making it into the program, I still think it is hard to know how much is enough.

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week onward! If anyone is interviewing at UTSW on Wednesday, I’d love to meet you! DM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when JAMP will get back with us about the interview results?

Does anyone know when JAMP will get back with us about the interview results?

The other applicants from my school and our JFD told us either today or tomorrow but in 2008 they weren’t notified till the 12th. What did you hear?

Do they send only acceptance emails or rejection emails too? And do they send them out at the same time?

The other applicants from my school and our JFD told us either today or tomorrow but in 2008 they weren’t notified till the 12th. What did you hear?

I know JAMP sent out the acceptances on the 5th of February in 2018, but I don't know much more than that.

Has anyone heard anything? I saw people posting about acceptances on Facebook and I’m getting super nervous.

I haven't heard anything. I'm hoping they will send notifications out early this week!

My JFD told me the JAMP council met on 2/6 this year and will give us the notification on 2/11, this upcoming Monday.

Reactions: 1 users
Yup! My JFD emailed us about the results, rather than the JAMP program itself, a little less than half an hour ago. I got in! Hope to see some of y'all in the summer internships!

Yup! My JFD emailed us about the results, rather than the JAMP program itself, a little less than half an hour ago. I got in! Hope to see some of y'all in the summer internships!
Did he just email those accepted? Or all that Interviewed...CONGRATS

Thanks :) If I'm being honest, I'm not too sure. I know for sure that those got accepted got an email but not about those that didn't get an acceptance. I would only assume they also got an email.

Acceptance acquired! Hope to see some of y’all around!!

OMG I got in!! I'm so excited. congrats to everyone that got accepted. Hopefully I'll see some of you at the internship this summer.

I got in!! Congrats to everyone else! Anyone know when we will get out internship location?

Congrats, you guys! I was also fortunate enough to get in.

Got in as an alternate, does anyone know the benefits?

Congrats to everyone who made it into JAMP! I made an alternate spot. This has been such an exciting time.

Just read my acceptance email. Congrats to everyone accepted!

Hey y’all! I believe the JAMP summer placements just got sent out! I’ll be at UNT.

Hey, guys! I got the assignment email too, I’ll be at Baylor! Will anyone else be there?

I got Baylor College of Medicine

Hi guys! Ill be at UNT this summer.

Message me if you're interested in starting a facebook group or groupme for us to connect on.

A little late to the party but I got accepted too and I'll be at UNT this summer! Any of ya'll want to connect or make a group let me know:)

I interviewed for JAMP on the 8th and I am currently waiting to know if I am accepted into JAMP or not. Does anyone have any insight on what the JAMP committee decision process is or what they are looking for ? I got invited for an interview so I assume that I am a suitable candidate for JAMP but I want to know what the interview is for and my chances.