2019 Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beelee8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Haven't seen a thread for Roseman for Fall 2016. Has anyone started their applications?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it a good school? Browsing for extra schools to apply

Is it a good school? Browsing for extra schools to apply
Roseman is a wonderful school! If you prefer a 3 year program, block schedule, and dual-degree program (PharmD + MBA in 3 years), then definitely check out Roseman!

Members don't see this ad :)
Look at NAPLEX and MPJE pass rate as a starting point to determine whether it is or not.

Which isn't going to say much as the Naplex changes for the class of 2016, so those numbers are going to shift.

Reactions: 1 user
Which isn't going to say much as the Naplex changes for the class of 2016, so those numbers are going to shift.

As I said, it is a starting point for anyone who is in the beginning phases of researching schools of interest. It is better than talking to the schools or students, who might be biased. I found that out when I was applying. Also, if you see the changes that are being made to the NAPLEX, NABP is adding more competency assessments and the NAPLEX questions jump from 185 to 250. To me, that doesn't sound like a revamp of the test. A slight shift may occur but if the school doesn't do a good job preparing you for the current NAPLEX (most say it is fairly easy, search the forum), then it is doubtful that you would see a major deviation with the new changes.

Last edited:
As I said, it is a starting point for anyone who is in the beginning phases of researching schools of interest. It is better than talking to the schools or students, who might be biased. I found that out when I was applying. Also, if you see the changes that are being made to the NAPLEX, NABP is adding more competency assessments and the NAPLEX questions jump from 185 to 250. To me, that doesn't sound like a revamp of the test. A slight shift may occur but if the school doesn't do a good job preparing you for the current NAPLEX (most say it is fairly easy, search the forum), then it is doubtful that you would see a major deviation with the new changes.

I think we will see a bigger jump than you think and I realize I may be completely wrong. I hope not.

What are your stats? I'm going to write the PCAT on Sept 16th. Going to start looking into
I'm planning on taking the pcat this November. I initially scheduled for one of the September tests, but I felt like I wasn't fully ready for the test. I requested for my transcript this Monday :)

I am going to hop onto this forum discussion.
Just turned in my supplemental and pharmcas, waiting for a reply that they have received it.
It will be my second time applying after being rejected the first time since the school was full. (i was on #1-25 on the waiting list)

I'm prepping my pharmcas app and supplemental right now
Writing the PCAT for the Oct/Nov slot (hopefully it won't be too late.)
There doesn't seem to be a lot of posts for Roseman on SDN this year compared to last years for some reason

Hi! @koh1995 since you already sent everything in. How long does it take to complete the pharmcas? Also, how long does it take for them to verify your transcripts? Did you guys complete all fields, even the ones that were not listed as mandatory? Also, is this everyone's first choice school? Sorry, for all the questions and TIA! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! @koh1995 since you already sent everything in. How long does it take to complete the pharmcas? Also, how long does it take for them to verify your transcripts? Did you guys complete all fields, even the ones that were not listed as mandatory? Also, is this everyone's first choice school? Sorry, for all the questions and TIA! :)

Pharmcas can take as little as a day to as long as u take to complete it. I had most of mine completed since I did it last year so I basically updated things and submitted it. I completed all the fields that I could fill. This is my first choice school (the Henderson campus).

Pharmcas can take as little as a day to as long as u take to complete it. I had most of mine completed since I did it last year so I basically updated things and submitted it. I completed all the fields that I could fill. This is my first choice school (the Henderson campus).
Good luck! I see, do you remember how long Pharmcas took to get/verify your transcripts last year?

i submitted my primary, working on supplemental right now
what are your guys stats?

It doesn't matter, but does anyone know the actual ranking of their program? I can't find it. TIA

Hello all! I wanted to chime in and ask if anyone has received an invite to interview?

Hi!!! I am wondering the same thing. I received an email from Roseman stating that they received my supplemental but due to pharmcas haven't verify my application that they can not thoroughly review my app for an interview. I'm hoping that it will get done in time as I have paid all my fees, sent in transcripts, etc. on time.

Hello all! I wanted to chime in and ask if anyone has received an invite to interview?
I just received an invitation for interview. It'll be on Oct. 6th.

There will be a written assessment at the interview day. Anyone knows what they may ask us to write about?

Last edited:
Hi!!! I am wondering the same thing. I received an email from Roseman stating that they received my supplemental but due to pharmcas haven't verify my application that they can not thoroughly review my app for an interview. I'm hoping that it will get done in time as I have paid all my fees, sent in transcripts, etc. on time.

You should check if there is any message that Pharmcas sent you on their webpage. You should complete anything that is missing in a timely manner upon their request.
Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Congrats and good luck on the interview hoangmy. When did you submit your applications?

Congrats and good luck on the interview hoangmy. When did you submit your applications?
thank you @beelee8
I had everything done around July, but just in case, I also requested 2 LORs from 2 Doctors. They completed the LORs for me around August 24; this is when I completed my app.

Congrats Hoangmy! There are no messages from pharmcas. I had everything done and e-submitted my app on 9/8/2015, just in time for early decision. I guess they haven't had a chance to verify everything yet since I'll probably be the last one when they get to it.

Congrats Hoangmy! There are no messages from pharmcas. I had everything done and e-submitted my app on 9/8/2015, just in time for early decision. I guess they haven't had a chance to verify everything yet since I'll probably be the last one when they get to it.
@Dinht85
When I contacted the school, Dr. Park was trying to download Pharmcas applications on sept 10th. Because you submitted right on the deadline, Pharmcas will need at least a few weeks to update your GPA. So, I don't think your application will be processed anytime soon.

Last edited:
I figured as much, and thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to wait. Until then, no sense of worrying over something that is out of my control. :)

Hello everyone, I just wanted to stop by this thread to say, "Good luck!" to all who are applying for this cycle! I'm currently a P1, and have nothing but great things to say about Roseman (the professors, curriculum, atmosphere, fellow students, etc.). If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, I'll try to keep up with the forum. Again, good luck everyone!

There will be a written assessment at the interview day. Anyone knows what they may ask us to write about?

Congrats on your interview, Hoangmy! This is something new I haven't heard of, did they say there was going to be a written assessment in your interview invitation? Good luck!

Hi everyone! I was in your shoes around this time last year so I know exactly how all of you feel! I'm currently a P1 and as RXQueen09 said above, this school is a great pharmacy school. If there are any questions, feel free to PM or ask me here in this forum. Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone, I just wanted to stop by this thread to say, "Good luck!" to all who are applying for this cycle! I'm currently a P1, and have nothing but great things to say about Roseman (the professors, curriculum, atmosphere, fellow students, etc.). If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, I'll try to keep up with the forum. Again, good luck everyone!

Congrats on your interview, Hoangmy! This is something new I haven't heard of, did they say there was going to be a written assessment in your interview invitation? Good luck!
Thanks @RXQueen09
"A brief writing assessment will take place after the orientation".
This is what it said on my invitation letter. I am kinda nervous about the written portion. :D
guess this is something new then.

I received a call from Roseman today!!!!! My pharmcas gpa finally got verified!!! They needed to ask me a few questions regarding if I still wanted to apply for early decision and to verify if I had taken the pcat and/or receiving a bachelor degree. I was told that they will contact me soon. Hopefully it's for an interview!!

Just received my invitation for ED on oct 6th interview!!! Can't wait to see u all there!!

I got an invitation to interview for the 6th as well! I'm seriously a melting pot of emotions. I just completed the online assessment that was included in the confirmation, I got a little nervous because I didn't get very far in some of the sections. I'm curious to know what will be on the writing assessment as well. If you don't mind me asking, what is your GPA?

I got an invitation to interview about 2 weeks after I submitted both my pharmcas and my supplemental application. However, I did apply for early decision so that may be why you have not heard back yet.

Yes, it said the same thing in my email invitation. It's comforting to hear that you love your experience at Roseman. What attracted me to it was the block schedule because I'm the type of person who needs to focus on one subject at a time, haha. But I'm worried about the whole 90% pass rate. Has your class been able to keep up? Are the exams pretty fair and straight forward?

I got an invitation to interview about 2 weeks after I submitted both my pharmcas and my supplemental application. However, I did apply for early decision so that may be why you have not heard back yet.

I received an interview for ED for October 6th so I will see you there!! I Already booked my hotel and can't wait. I haven't completed the online assessment just yet but we have until October 4th to do it.

Yes, it said the same thing in my email invitation. It's comforting to hear that you love your experience at Roseman. What attracted me to it was the block schedule because I'm the type of person who needs to focus on one subject at a time, haha. But I'm worried about the whole 90% pass rate. Has your class been able to keep up? Are the exams pretty fair and straight forward?
Hi Nina6717, I'm very happy to hear that you'll be here next week, it's very exciting. I would say to channel those positive emotions, more so than anything, to try and kill those nerves I know you're feeling right now. Roseman's interview experience was like no other school I had interviewed with. So I know it's hard to even try and help you not be nervous, but don't be nervous! I can assure you the staff and students here are friendly, helpful, and welcoming.
I was immediately drawn to the block program because I'm an older student, and taking 'one thing at a time' was really appealing to me for my graduate studies. I can tell you so far (we're not that far into the year yet), I absolutely love it. The tests are something not to be underestimated, though. This program does challenge you, as pharmacy school should. The 90% pass rate is challenging, but do-able. Plus, there's tons of support from classmates, upperclassmen, and professors when it comes to passing!

If you're nervous about the interview, I would suggest reviewing some previous Roseman threads to see what type of questions are asked to get an idea. I would not come in with a scripted answer, as they do want to get to know YOU personally. Looking over them does help to prepare past experiences they might ask about, and other such things.

I got an invitation to interview for the 6th as well! I'm seriously a melting pot of emotions. I just completed the online assessment that was included in the confirmation, I got a little nervous because I didn't get very far in some of the sections. I'm curious to know what will be on the writing assessment as well. If you don't mind me asking, what is your GPA?
2.8 overall.

I received an interview for ED for October 6th so I will see you there!! I Already booked my hotel and can't wait. I haven't completed the online assessment just yet but we have until October 4th to do it.
What is the online assessment about?

Hi Nina6717, I'm very happy to hear that you'll be here next week, it's very exciting. I would say to channel those positive emotions, more so than anything, to try and kill those nerves I know you're feeling right now. Roseman's interview experience was like no other school I had interviewed with. So I know it's hard to even try and help you not be nervous, but don't be nervous! I can assure you the staff and students here are friendly, helpful, and welcoming.
I was immediately drawn to the block program because I'm an older student, and taking 'one thing at a time' was really appealing to me for my graduate studies. I can tell you so far (we're not that far into the year yet), I absolutely love it. The tests are something not to be underestimated, though. This program does challenge you, as pharmacy school should. The 90% pass rate is challenging, but do-able. Plus, there's tons of support from classmates, upperclassmen, and professors when it comes to passing!

If you're nervous about the interview, I would suggest reviewing some previous Roseman threads to see what type of questions are asked to get an idea. I would not come in with a scripted answer, as they do want to get to know YOU personally. Looking over them does help to prepare past experiences they might ask about, and other such things.
Hi,

Did you do the MBA program and can offer some info about it? Thank you!

Just got here!!!! I'm nervous and excited for my interview tomorrow. Lol

Just got here!!!! I'm nervous and excited for my interview tomorrow. Lol
Good Luck!! I hope to see some of you guys there! I have an interview today as well but luckily I live in Henderson.

Reactions: 1 users