Air Force 2019 USAF HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lock_Jaw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you applied for USAF HPSP? Curious as I haven't seen many people that have.

Personally I have, just waiting for my interview, joined late in the game.

Members don't see this ad.

Any idea when we hear back for it? I think it's april, but I could be mistaken.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you all apply? I was under the impression that the board met last week. I had to have everything turned in by Feb 4. I did not think it would take quite that long.

When did you all apply? I was under the impression that the board met last week. I had to have everything turned in by Feb 4. I did not think it would take quite that long.
I was told that they were meeting early March. I finished my interview last week.

Just had my interview today. I feel as if it went well, the interviewer said that he would "highly recommend me" although, with my stats I highly doubt I will recieve 4 year HPSP.

I had my interview the other day. Went really well and I am stoked to hear the results. As far as the dates go, the application needs to be turned in by the recruiter by Feb. 27th and the board meets March. 18th, and we should find out by late March or first week of April. Good luck everyone!

Yeah I was told April 3rd they will release the results :)

Hmmm.. perhaps there is a February board and a March board selection?? I had to have my application turned in by Feb 4 and I had my interview on the 10th. My interviewer said his write-ups from all his interviews had to be turned into the board by Feb 20th. I know Navy has monthly board meetings, maybe the Air Force does as well? Anyone know?

Hmmm.. perhaps there is a February board and a March board selection?? I had to have my application turned in by Feb 4 and I had my interview on the 10th. My interviewer said his write-ups from all his interviews had to be turned into the board by Feb 20th. I know Navy has monthly board meetings, maybe the Air Force does as well? Anyone know?
The Air Force does it much differently from the other branches of the military. Since there are less spots for the Air Force, they only have one board date. In the past, that date has been in February. However, this year the board date is in March. Anyone entering dental school in 2015, applying for the 4 year scholarship, will be reviewed by the board on the same day in March. My recruiter also said he wanted to have everything in by Feb. 20th. even though it isn't officially due til the 27th. I don't know about the 3 year scholarships for people in their 2nd year of dental school. Maybe it is their board date that is in February this year. However, the only thing that matters is that your application was in on time, even if it was a little early... your recruiter was just on top of things it sounds like!

mk91, mkuiper, foodie2008: how many people from your states applied? Did your recruiters give you that information?

I think he said he has 3 other applications, but I am not sure!

Members don't see this ad :)
There were 8 of us that were interviewed. I have heard Utah is over represented with Air Force applicants so that's why I'm interested to know how many applied from other states to see if that is true.

I am from NC. I have no idea how many other applicants my recruiter had, or how many spots are available :(

Michigan here, my recruiter at one point mentioned 6, but he represents 3 states I believe, Michigan, Ohio, and indiana.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it too late to apply for the USAF HPSP? I recently confirmed my dental school that I will be starting in the fall and have contacted a Health Professions recruiter. Seems like I'm already late in the game...

Yes, it is too late simply because it takes weeks of filling out applications and questionnaires, and getting all of the medical documentation from your past. I would definitely apply for the 3 year scholarship next year though!

I am from NC. I have no idea how many other applicants my recruiter had, or how many spots are available :(
There are only 12 four year scholarships available this year for the entire nation...

There are only 12 four year scholarships available this year for the entire nation...
I can confirm this as well. Sometimes they will take 1 extra, but honesetly I doubt it will happen.

Anyone care to compare stats.
cGPA = 3.87
sGPA = 3.9
DAT= 20AA 21PAT

AT score for me \is probably going to hold me back from recieving this if anything, but it is what I want so thought I'd at least attempt it.

I can confirm this as well. Sometimes they will take 1 extra, but honesetly I doubt it will happen.

Anyone care to compare stats.
cGPA = 3.87
sGPA = 3.9
DAT= 20AA 21PAT

AT score for me \is probably going to hold me back from recieving this if anything, but it is what I want so thought I'd at least attempt it.
cGPA = 3.92
sGPA = 3.92
DAT = 22AA 20PAT

I don't think you need to rule yourself out of the game at this point. I know they would rather have a well rounded individual with slightly lower stats than an egghead or bookworm with stats that are through the roof...

The only thing I don't like about the AF HPSP is how hard it is to get. I wish we had matrix qualification like in the past, that would 've been the best. So much less stress.

You're right, it is difficult, but they have to weed people out somehow. All we can do at this point is put the positive vibes out there and hope for the best!

Happy board date! Best of luck to all of you in the decision process!

Hey guys! I just found this thread today, so I'm a little late to the conversation, with just a few questions!

My recruiter told me they had "about 10 spots" for the 4 year scholarships, is 12 confirmed as the exact number? Do we have any clue on how many applicants there were nationwide?

Also, as for comparing stats, does anyone know what they look at most heavily? Mine are:
cGPA - 3.78
sGPA - 3.72
DAT - 25 AA 25 PAT

As lanzo said above, happy board date and good luck to everyone!

Hey guys! I just found this thread today, so I'm a little late to the conversation, with just a few questions!

My recruiter told me they had "about 10 spots" for the 4 year scholarships, is 12 confirmed as the exact number? Do we have any clue on how many applicants there were nationwide?

Also, as for comparing stats, does anyone know what they look at most heavily? Mine are:
cGPA - 3.78
sGPA - 3.72
DAT - 25 AA 25 PAT

As lanzo said above, happy board date and good luck to everyone!
12 is the number that was confirmed multiple times to me by my recruiter and interviewer. As far as what they look at most heavily, I don't know. I got the impression they really want well roundedness, coupled with the smarts. They want someone they could go to battle with, and as we all know, geniuses don't always have the best street smarts or "military potential" or "battleground potential". Great job on the DAT though, you destroyed it. I hope your interview went well and that you are given one of the twelve spots. Good luck!

Educate me, what is board date? Agree on the 12 spots, that is what I was told too. I just hope only 12 people applied ;)

The board date is when the board members meet to discuss all of the applicants and decide which ones will receive the scholarship. That happened last week so theoretically the decisions are made, we now just wait til April 3rd to find out...

Gotcha makes sense now haha. Wish you all the best. Now some more waiting. Anyone know how many applied?

Has anyone had any of their references contacted? (that they know of, that is)

No, none of my references have been contacted.... which makes me nervous :(
I haven't talked to any of mine, and I don't plan on it, haha... I don't know how they would reach my references if they wanted to, however. I don't remember them explicitly being asked to give their contact info and I didn't read the letters they wrote for me...

Does anyone know how many 3 year scholarships are usually offered? Are the odds better for the 3 year versus the 4 year scholarship?

Does anyone know how many 3 year scholarships are usually offered? Are the odds better for the 3 year versus the 4 year scholarship?
It seems like my recruiter told me 50 or 60 3 years and only 12 4 years so I would say the 3 year odds are better. For other branches such as army and navy there are many more 4 years...

Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Let us know if/when you guys find out.

Let's hope today is actually the day we find out!!

Yeah I don't know, I was told that it was today by my recruiter, just emailed him to confirm and ask about decisions.

first of all, Good luck to all of you waiting for decisions! Has anyone applied for the 2-year scholarship?

Heard back from recruiter, he said results will be released today, but might not hear from them until Monday.

Makes perfect sense, the results are in but they aren't gonna notify us til Monday just for the fun of it..

Got a call about an hr ago... I was waitlisted. 17 were selected and 8 were on the wait list :/

Got the call! Got the 4 yr scholarship! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations @lanzo !

I never heard from my recruiter today. I emailed and called... I guess I will find out my fate on Monday.