Dental HPSP Class of 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twindmd1

Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to apply for the Army and Air Force HPSP and I was not prepared in time for the 4-year scholarship. Does anyone know the timeline for the 3-year, how much the D1 grades are considered, and what makes a strong application? I appreciate any help you can provide.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
I am trying to apply for the Army and Air Force HPSP and I was not prepared in time for the 4-year scholarship. Does anyone know the timeline for the 3-year, how much the D1 grades are considered, and what makes a strong application? I appreciate any help you can provide.

Why not the navy man?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied for Army and Air Force, and only the Air Force had us do interviews. I think Navy does interviews as well, but I’m not positive because I didn’t apply for that branch.

My recruiter said maybe some time next week he'll have the result. Did you have to do interviews? I never received mine so I'm kinda nervous.
I applied with the Army and Navy and only the Navy required interviews (2) for me. However, the Army did request a list of all the schools I applied to and the results. The Navy didn't. Did they ask for that from you too?

Reactions: 1 user
My recruiter said maybe some time next week he'll have the result. Did you have to do interviews? I never received mine so I'm kinda nervous.
Army does not have interviews it’s just based on your application. Army asked for schools I applied to and I sent them my acceptances as well to add to the packet.

Results are out guys for army. Just got a call. I got the scholarships. I am also prior service.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied with the Army and Navy and only the Navy required interviews (2) for me. However, the Army did request a list of all the schools I applied to and the results. The Navy didn't. Did they ask for that from you too?
That was the same for me for Navy. My Navy recruiter is amazing, he's on top of everything!

I'm OML for Army. Even though Navy is my top choice, not getting selected for Army still stings :/

P.S. Congratulations to all of you who were selected to commission as the newest crop of Army Dental Officers! I'm proud of you and am rooting for you!

Hey guys, looking for some insight. I was awarded the 4 year HPSP for the Army, but also applied to the Navy. With that said, my hesitation with the Army is being put in the middle of nowhere for four years. The captain I spoke to mentioned the AIM portal in hopes of receiving your preferred location. Has anyone had any success or experience with the AIM portal? IF so, could you please share?!

Hey guys, looking for some insight. I was awarded the 4 year HPSP for the Army, but also applied to the Navy. With that said, my hesitation with the Army is being put in the middle of nowhere for four years. The captain I spoke to mentioned the AIM portal in hopes of receiving your preferred location. Has anyone had any success or experience with the AIM portal? IF so, could you please share?!
I feel like the risk would be the same for any military branch. For Army we did fill out top 3 locations and they will try their best to place you in one of it. In the Navy you also have a chance of being deployed in a ship or anywhere in the world for over 9 months. So at this point its really what you see in the branch and if you can resonate it with you. I been in the Army for 7 years so I might be a bit biased and as someone who was lower enlisted attached to a field artillery unit I def was not having the time of my life but as an Officer, we will get treated way better in any branch so at this point its really what you want, what branch do you think you resonate with and what branch do you want to be a part of and represent and serve !!

Was put on the alternate list for the 3yr Airforce HPSP. My recruiter told me I was near the top of the list and was hopeful. Does anybody know if there are any movement on these alternate lists?

Navy results are out!

Congrats to all that got selected!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the total amount of applicants that applied for both hpsp and hscp not combined though.. just an estimate? and when are they supposed to release the list?

Do a 1 year AEGD, then do a 1 year tour in Korea. Then you'll have a better chance at ending up in a better location than someone who's fresh out of school, assuming that you've built up good connection during your 2 years of service. The reason is that when you apply to locations using AIM, the commander of the places you've applied will talk to your current commander AND your references.

Also, you'll end up running into someone during the 2 years that knows the commander of your desired location - meaning you'll have some advantage over others as long as you have been a decent human being.

Tldr; AIM cycle is the Army's objective nepotism. You'll have more odds of pulling connections if you do AEGD and do 1 year restricted tour at somewhere.

Has anyone received their contract from the Navy after being professionally recommended (accepted)?

Declined my Army 4 Year-HPSP. Best of luck to those on the OML list.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received their contract from the Navy after being professionally recommended (accepted)?
Hey have you received yours and commissioned? From my research it takes between a couple weeks to a couple months.

Last edited:
Hey have you received yours and commission? From my research it takes between a couple weeks to a couple months.
I have not- I was notified mid-March so its been close to 4 weeks. Dental school starts for me in June so I'm hoping I can get commissioned soon in order to receive my stipend and tuition coverage.

I have not- I was notified mid-March so its been close to 4 weeks. Dental school starts for me in June so I'm hoping I can get commissioned soon in order to receive my stipend and tuition coverage.
Hopefully you'll get your scroll soon.

I've been told that they'll pay the back pay if you don't commission in time. Also let your school know and take out some student loans to cover COL. You can return the loans within a certain time frame without having to pay interest or fees.