2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if we still qualify for merit scholarships if we’re on the hpwl?
Yes, merit scholarships are rolling too.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Email subject was "Rolling Admissions Follow-Up April 30". Received "Rolling Admissions" a few weeks prior.

Edit: Full text

Dear 2.9GPA,

Thank you for having accepted a place on our wait list. Now that April 30 has past, and students who were holding multiple places have been asked to narrow their choice to one school, we are emailing you to see if you remain interested in joining us at Einstein, should a place come open? If you have already been accepted to your first choice school, we sincerely congratulate you, and ask that you let us know that you wish to be withdrawn from further consideration by emailing X.

If Einstein remains your top choice, please email me, directly, by Friday, May 14. If you wish to withdraw, we will be sorry to lose you but we want you to select the school that is the best fit for you.

If you are admitted, you will have 5 days to make your decision, and to remit your non-refundable deposit. During that time, we will send you a series of "Chats with the Deans" videos, and you will be invited to a live "Chat" with the Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education, Dr. Joshua Nosanchuk, as well as a live "Chat" with a panel of Einstein students.

I look forward to hearing from you; you have our best wishes for all future success.

Thank you,
Dean Kerrigan

Noreen Kerrigan, M.P.A.
Associate Dean for Student Admissions
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, New York l046l
Hi! Thanks so much for posting this I am out of the country and got locked out of my email but I know I was on the rolling admissions list, would you mind sharing dean kerrigans email?

just got the "April update" e-mail that says "This email comes to inform you that the Committee on Admissions was very favorably impressed with your application, and delighted that we had the opportunity to meet you. At this time, however, we are not able to provide you with a final decision; we hope to have a more definitive answer for you in a few weeks."

WTF DOES THIS MEAN?!?!?! I AM DYING TO GO HERE

interviewed 4/13 OOS
I interviewed on the same day, April 13th, but haven’t received such update letter. Can you and everyone else please share your thoughts on this? Does this mean it’s a silent rejection? Highly stressed out over hear!

Members don't see this ad :)
Praying that some A's/still interested emails go out tmrw or something this week! 🙏
I interviewed on April 13th, haven’t received any update letters or still interested emails! Any thoughts! And congrats on receiving the the still interested email!

Any other April interviewees here who have yet to have received any post-II correspondence?
Yes, me! I haven’t heard anything post my interview in mid April. I don’t know if I should take it as a silent rejection or still hold out hope!
Please reach out if you hear anything, I’m slowly dying over here!

Yes, me! I haven’t heard anything post my interview in mid April. I don’t know if I should take it as a silent rejection or still hold out hope!
Please reach out if you hear anything, I’m slowly dying over here!
One post-II R from April was posted here. Can’t see how it benefits Einstein to silent R some candidates and outright R others. So if we haven’t received the R, I assume we’re still in it. Wish I had more insight than that

Reactions: 1 user
One post-II R from April was posted here. Can’t see how it benefits Einstein to silent R some candidates and outright R others. So if we haven’t received the R, I assume we’re still in it. Wish I had more insight than that
Understood.. we’ll see how it goes I guess, can’t do much other than wait.
I just can’t fully make sense of why some would receive the still interested email or an update of sorts, while others don’t receive any correspondence..
Keep me posted please, and I will update you as well if you’d like.
Best of luck!

Understood.. we’ll see how it goes I guess, can’t do much other than wait.
I just can’t fully make sense of why some would receive the still interested email or an update of sorts, while others don’t receive any correspondence..
Keep me posted please, and I will update you as well if you’d like.
Best of luck!
Agreed that Einstein’s process is very hard to interpret. Rooting for all those waiting, hopefully we’ll have some good news soon :)

Reactions: 5 users
Agreed that Einstein’s process is very hard to interpret. Rooting for all those waiting, hopefully we’ll have some good news soon :)
Yes! Same! Rooting for all of us! Hopefully we’ll all hear wonderful news soon 🙏🏻😊

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys. This doesn't pertain to Einstein specifically but since I am still in limbo here I am trying to decide what to do. I am finishing up the clinical volunteering I had put on my primary. However, I could not volunteer with positive patients and so there was a period of time during the second covid wave when I was not able to (obvs). That said, the hospital has offered me additional opportunities to volunteer to finish up my hours (still patient contact) - my question is if I need to notify schools that my volunteer role will be expanding beyond just the dept I put (I am still doing that too) or if this is expected this year and not going to be of interest to them at this point... thanks for any advice. hope you all are hanging in there

I don't think this would help you at all imo
telling them, you mean? I initially thought I needed to tell them because I got paranoid about it but when I was writing that post I was like, uh maybe this isn't a big deal really

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get a reply to the still interested email?
+2. Love how they capitalize their subject line lol:

"EINSTEIN - ROLLING ADMISSIONS - THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY!"

I'm just imagining Dean Kerrigan screaming that at me.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I went through threads from previous years at some point but I dont remember... did anyone else happen to look to see if ppl were still in total limbo (no WL or anything) post interview after 4/30?

I went through threads from previous years at some point but I dont remember... did anyone else happen to look to see if ppl were still in total limbo (no WL or anything) post interview after 4/30?
There was a wave of A’s mid-May like 5/11

There was a wave of A’s mid-May like 5/11
and these were all only to people on the high WL and who got the 'still interested' email, right? I wonder when the first round of regular waitlist acceptances went out

What did the email say?
Thank you very much for your quick and enthusiastic response to my email asking if you remain interested in Einstein!

We hope we will have good news for you, and will be back in touch with you shortly. If you change your mind, please, do, let me know as quickly as possible. We are sincere when we say we want you to select the best choice for you; the school that you feel will help you to become the most competent and compassionate physician.

Thank you and all best wishes,
Dean Kerrigan

Interviewed 4/20.. no correspondence since which I was expecting since its only been ~2 weeks but its still terrifying to hear other applicants get updates. I wonder if they will prioritize getting back to the HPWL/ still interested group or the late interviewees. rooting for us all!

Interviewed 4/20.. no correspondence since which I was expecting since its only been ~2 weeks but its still terrifying to hear other applicants get updates. I wonder if they will prioritize getting back to the HPWL/ still interested group or the late interviewees. rooting for us all!
I'm another late April interviewee, and I feel that! I just want to know their decision, so I can make plans for next year!

Reactions: 3 users
same. I interviewed on 4/20 as well. I did see that someone from 4/13 reported hearing back so maybe we'll get some news next week?

anyone know odds that regular WL peeps hear back within the next 2 weeks? just tryna wait out on CTE for another school as long as I can just in case.. even though i know the odds are low af

anyone know odds that regular WL peeps hear back within the next 2 weeks? just tryna wait out on CTE for another school as long as I can just in case.. even though i know the odds are low af
I’m trying not to be pessimistic but considering how many people are waiting on decisions/are on HPWL it’s not looking too hot for us...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I’m trying not to be pessimistic but considering how many people are waiting on decisions/are on HPWL it’s not looking too hot for us...
I mean first we would have to get the "still interested" email right? And only then would we be in real consideration

I mean first we would have to get the "still interested" email right? And only then would we be in real consideration
I’m not sure, and that’s what terrifies me! Cause some of us who interviewed mid April haven’t had any correspondence

Rejected 6 mins ago. Interviewed Jan 8 and April 23rd. GL y’all!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Thank you all for this info! I thought Einstein only had one waitlist but I learned about a lot of emails I have not received and the HPWL from this thread. Interviewed in Oct and regular WL'd in Jan, recently sent my LOI. No emails at all, no march update, no still interested. Now I'm wondering if it's worth waiting on the WL for a slim chance at admission or if I'm missing out on good housing at my A.

Thank you all for this info! I thought Einstein only had one waitlist but I learned about a lot of emails I have not received and the HPWL from this thread. Interviewed in Oct and regular WL'd in Jan, recently sent my LOI. No emails at all, no march update, no still interested. Now I'm wondering if it's worth waiting on the WL for a slim chance at admission or if I'm missing out on good housing at my A.
Same here

Just a thought but has anyone tried asking what place on the waitlist they have? I would love to know. If I’m 200 it’s not worth waiting. If I’m 60 I’ll stick around. And I get why they wouldn’t want to say. So is it worth asking?

Just a thought but has anyone tried asking what place on the waitlist they have? I would love to know. If I’m 200 it’s not worth waiting. If I’m 60 I’ll stick around. And I get why they wouldn’t want to say. So is it worth asking?
Einstein says they don't rank the waitlist so I doubt they'll be able to tell you your relative spot.

received a "May Update" email last night. Interviewed 4/5
at this time we are not able to provide you with a final decision, we hope to have a more definitive answer for you in a few weeks
assuming this will turn into some form of waitlist?

received a "May Update" email last night. Interviewed 4/5
at this time we are not able to provide you with a final decision, we hope to have a more definitive answer for you in a few weeks
assuming this will turn into some form of waitlist?
If you’re lucky. I would assume it’s a silent rejection at this point in the cycle

If you’re lucky. I would assume it’s a silent rejection at this point in the cycle
I disagree. Just looking through last year's thread, when Einstein updated people without placing them on the waitlist late into the cycle it seemed like a lot of those people end up receiving an A.

also interviewed 4/20 and haven't heard anything since! hopefully we won't be in limbo till like june

I disagree. Just looking through last year's thread, when Einstein updated people without placing them on the waitlist late into the cycle it seemed like a lot of those people end up receiving an A.
they were all mostly HPWL though right?