2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
in case anyone has questions about CYMS, my brilliant advisor sent me this video, created for advisors. walks through different scenarios and tells you exactly what schools can see after 4/30

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the April Update. Is March/April update considered better than waitlists? The April update said that they're interviewing till end of april, so we can expect to hear back after that. But wouldn't that be after the April 30th date to plan to enroll at only 1 school tho... Could they be waiting to see who has not confirmed a school on the 30th, and then offering positions based on who's left? I'm just curious as to the point of these "updates" since they are neither HPWL nor WL but seem more like deferrals?
when did you interview?

Does anyone know Einstein's policy on sending additional LORs? Do they allow recommenders to send it to their admit email or to Ms. Dina Nardin? sos

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it seems like the April update is for people who they are still deciding on whether to be put on HPWL or regular waitlist. They are probably waiting for all the interviews to finish so that they don’t over enroll the HPWL
It seemed like several people from the March update email were placed on the HPWL/rolling admissions list as well, no?

Reactions: 1 users
there are people who have gotten the rolling admissions email or April update and they interviewed after me....
(I interviewed 3/15).... I can't tell if this is good or really bad and I cant stand the waitttttttttt..

there are people who have gotten the rolling admissions email or April update and they interviewed after me....
(I interviewed 3/15).... I can't tell if this is good or really bad and I cant stand the waitttttttttt..
always assume the worst lol. im in the same perdicament

WL people, how do you feel your interview went? I felt like I did horribly and expected to get a post interview R but ended up on the regular WL. If the WL is ranked, I’m not keeping my hopes up.

WL people, how do you feel your interview went? I felt like I did horribly and expected to get a post interview R but ended up on the regular WL. If the WL is ranked, I’m not keeping my hopes up.
I thought mine went super well, and my interviewer even said so a couple times. I feel like there's not much else I could've done to improve, especially since they have a pretty low post-II acceptance rate.

I thought mine went super well, and my interviewer even said so a couple times. I feel like there's not much else I could've done to improve, especially since they have a pretty low post-II acceptance rate.
Did you feel like your interview was conversational? I felt like was grilled for 50 minutes with rapid fire questions with little conversation in between

please someone help.
If I interviewed 3/15, and haven't heard back yet, should i send a LOI/update (this would be my first time sending something, besides the thank you email to my interviewer). and if so, is it to Dina or to the dean?

please someone help.
If I interviewed 3/15, and haven't heard back yet, should i send a LOI/update (this would be my first time sending something, besides the thank you email to my interviewer). and if so, is it to Dina or to the dean?
If you haven't heard back and don't have any updates, don't send anything

If you haven't heard back and don't have any updates, don't send anything
In my app, I put part time remote scribe, but in sept, I actually became full time medical assistant and now working on a research project about the pandemic and mental health.. i didn't get to say much of this to my interviewer so that's why I was thinking to lump the update with intent, but i guess I will wait .. thank you!!!

Did you feel like your interview was conversational? I felt like was grilled for 50 minutes with rapid fire questions with little conversation in between
Mine was very conversational but still guided by questions, lasted for an hour and my interviewer was even kind enough to review my app at the end and go over my strengths and weaknesses, which I thought was pretty nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
In my app, I put part time remote scribe, but in sept, I actually became full time medical assistant and now working on a research project about the pandemic and mental health.. i didn't get to say much of this to my interviewer so that's why I was thinking to lump the update with intent, but i guess I will wait .. thank you!!!
Thats worth updating!

Finally got the waitlist email from 3/5 interview, will be declining the wait. Good luck to you all!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Thats worth updating!
+1 ^

Are the regular WL emails exactly the same as last year's?

Are the regular WL emails exactly the same as last year's?
Dear GalaxyBrain:

I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application for the MD, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. Your application has been wait-listed, and we will reach a final decision in the coming months.

We appreciate how important the status of "wait list" may be to you, and we want to be able to answer your questions, and support you through the remainder of the application process as much as we can.

Please let us know whether or not you wish to maintain your place on the wait list by checking the appropriate box on this webpage within two weeks of the date of this email.

If we do not hear from you within two weeks, we will assume that you are no longer interested in Einstein, and will withdraw your name from the wait list roster. If you answer, "yes," that you would like to hold your place on the wait-list at this time, and then change your mind in the future, you may log back in and change your selection to "no." At that point, you will be removed from further consideration.

If you have any problem logging into the system, please let us know via email at: [email protected] with a cc to [email protected] prior to the two week deadline. Again, if we do not hear from you, we will withdraw your application from further consideration.

Whatever you decide, it was our pleasure to meet you. We hope that you will attain your goal of attending a school that is well suited for you, and that we will have the opportunity to meet you at some point during your medical career.

Thank you and good luck!
Dean Kerrigan

Reactions: 2 users
Dear GalaxyBrain:

I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application for the MD, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. Your application has been wait-listed, and we will reach a final decision in the coming months.

We appreciate how important the status of "wait list" may be to you, and we want to be able to answer your questions, and support you through the remainder of the application process as much as we can.

Please let us know whether or not you wish to maintain your place on the wait list by checking the appropriate box on this webpage within two weeks of the date of this email.

If we do not hear from you within two weeks, we will assume that you are no longer interested in Einstein, and will withdraw your name from the wait list roster. If you answer, "yes," that you would like to hold your place on the wait-list at this time, and then change your mind in the future, you may log back in and change your selection to "no." At that point, you will be removed from further consideration.

If you have any problem logging into the system, please let us know via email at: [email protected] with a cc to [email protected] prior to the two week deadline. Again, if we do not hear from you, we will withdraw your application from further consideration.

Whatever you decide, it was our pleasure to meet you. We hope that you will attain your goal of attending a school that is well suited for you, and that we will have the opportunity to meet you at some point during your medical career.

Thank you and good luck!
Dean Kerrigan
honestly should be a crime that they begin waitlist emails with "I am happy to inform you" like wtf

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
waitlisted today (interviewed 3/15)
I know HPWL are high likely to get in.. but anyone know odds of getting in on regular waitlist :/

waitlisted today (interviewed 3/15)
I know HPWL are high likely to get in.. but anyone know odds of getting in on regular waitlist :/
From what I've read, a few people get in off of the regular WL each year, but I'm personally not counting on it.

Has anyone heard today that interviewed in Feb? I’m dying over here.

For the March update crowd, do you think they are going to send the decision early this week or literally give us a day or a matter of hours to think it over before the AAMC deadline?

For the March update crowd, do you think they are going to send the decision early this week or literally give us a day or a matter of hours to think it over before the AAMC deadline?
If you get the A before April 30, they give you 2 weeks to decide (even if that goes past the deadline), so don’t worry about having to make a super fast decision! If you hear after April 30, you have 5 days to decide.

If you get the A before April 30, they give you 2 weeks to decide (even if that goes past the deadline), so don’t worry about having to make a super fast decision! If you hear after April 30, you have 5 days to decide.
Woah. Ok. Thanks for sharing this.

Can you do that if you currently have an A though? I thought they require you to withdrawal all apps with the exception of WLs

Can you do that if you currently have an A though? I thought they require you to withdrawal all apps with the exception of WLs
Yes, you can! The rules aren’t enforced by AAMC, just by the individual schools (which each have their own set of specific rules). After April 30, each school can only see if you have PTEd at their school vs another school. So, if you got an A at Einstein on the 29th, for example, you would keep your PTE at the other school (so you wouldn’t be breaking their rules), and Einstein would give you 2 weeks to decide before you needed to PTE at Einstein (and drop the other school) or withdraw from Einstein.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can! The rules aren’t enforced by AAMC, just by the individual schools (which each have their own set of specific rules). After April 30, each school can only see if you have PTEd at their school vs another school. So, if you got an A at Einstein on the 29th, for example, you would keep your PTE at the other school (so you wouldn’t be breaking their rules), and Einstein would give you 2 weeks to decide before needed to PTE at Einstein (and drop the other school) or withdraw from Einstein.
Thank you!!!

Yes, you can! The rules aren’t enforced by AAMC, just by the individual schools (which each have their own set of specific rules). After April 30, each school can only see if you have PTEd at their school vs another school. So, if you got an A at Einstein on the 29th, for example, you would keep your PTE at the other school (so you wouldn’t be breaking their rules), and Einstein would give you 2 weeks to decide before you needed to PTE at Einstein (and drop the other school) or withdraw from Einstein.
This stuff is confusing but I think this is my understanding as well. Basically, per AAMC rules, after April 30th you can only hold one acceptance (at a time). If you hold multiple acceptances, the expectation is that by April 30th you will withdraw from all but one school. You can keep your waitlist spots in addition to your 1 acceptance. And if you find yourself with more than one acceptance after April 30th (e.g. you're down to 1 A and then you get off a waitlist), the expectation is that you will choose one, like GalaxyBrain is saying I think, and withdraw from the other.

is it possible we dont hear anything...?

for anyone who sent an LOI, did you guys email Dr. Carrigan directly at her email? Just making sure I'm not being dumb ...

Decisions likely to come out early May in a batch-like manner. They both have long interview seasons going into April.

Anyone who received the March update email not hear anything after that? Seems like some people got the WL or HPWL

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like they will let the March update people know this week. They said they would let us know by the end of April ("at that time if not sooner").

Im surprised some people have been in silence for months now without any "April Update" email