2020-2021 North Dakota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing on this end either. 🥺

Members don't see this ad.

During the 2018-2019 cycle, the first round of regular decision A's was given out on a Friday. In the last cycle, the first round A's were given out on a Thursday. Following that pattern, I would expect to hear back sometime towards the end of the workweek (if decisions are to be given this week).

Anyways, my fingers are starting to hurt from crossing them so hard for so long 😅

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder how COVID delays are gonna impact when the 1st wave of decisions are gonna be sent out. It seems like the first IIs this year were delayed by a few weeks compared to last year's

Members don't see this ad :)
I was skimming the UND website and found that the PhD students are required to have a computer that is no more than 3 years old upon matriculation. Does this apply to MD students as well? I am trying to budget for med school expenses and don't know if I will need a new computer yet. I haven't heard anything post-II yet but a guy can hope. 🤞

I was skimming the UND website and found that the PhD students are required to have a computer that is no more than 3 years old upon matriculation. Does this apply to MD students as well? I am trying to budget for med school expenses and don't know if I will need a new computer yet. I haven't heard anything post-II yet but a guy can hope. 🤞
Maybe @Taymed would have insight about this?

I heard a rumor that they may be releasing some acceptances out today.... we’ll see

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I heard a rumor that they may be releasing some acceptances out today.... we’ll see
From a credible source? I just interviewed last Friday so I wouldn't expect to hear for a while yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Good morning! I apologize - I am just seeing this! I enjoy living in Grand Forks. I think it has a good amount of shops/restaurants downtown that I think are fun to go to. Usually in my time off I will go downtown and find a rooftop place (usually rhombus guys) to go eat at so I can sit in the sun. Now since it is getting colder I like to go to one of the coffee shops and sit and relax. Some of my classmates are more extroverted and according to them the bar scene is nice - all the bars downtown are in close proximity so if you're a pub crawl kind of person GF has got your back. There are also a good amount of walking/biking trials that I like to go on and rollerblade or ride bike. A big thing that a lot of people love about GF is that it is a "hockey town" - the UND Fighting Hawks hockey team is SO fun to go watch - it is easily my favorite. The atmosphere is unmatched and the arena where the events take place (Ralph Engelstad Arena) is also super nice. After the hockey games, which are a blast, people will usually go downtown and literally all of downtown is PAINTED with UND green. It's awesome. Obviously, this year with COVID almost none of what I just said has been able to happen, but in a normal year - its a good time! I would say on average students will take off one to two nights a week to have some fun - depends on how challenging the material is for that testing period.
Wow! Never knew Grand Forks is that bountiful to live in. Joke aside, I really wish the school was in Fargo, ND. At least there’s more to do in Fargo with a little bit of diverse nature than Grand Forks. Both places are cold, but GF cold is hell outta of this world. I’m sure it’s probably the coldest place in this country. Idk, but wishing ya’ll luck.

Completed secondary 9/22, no word from them since. OOS, but I have two immediate family members (Dad/Aunt) that work at this school in two different, but ultimately unrelated [to medicine] departments. If anyone is interested: 3.7 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA, and 507 MCAT. 100 hours of primary care shadowing. Middle of the road clinical and community volunteering experience/hours. Minimal research experience/hours. In a nearby state which falls in WICHE

So from what's been said on here already, am I to understand they will be completely done interviewing in January?

I think its odd I haven't received a rejection at this point if that's the case or any other word i.e. "we're reviewing your application" sort of thing like most of the other schools I've applied with as we approach 2021..
I've already been accepted at two other schools, paid a hefty deposit at one of them, but this school appeals to me in other ways that cannot be overlooked so I'm still holding a torch. ..
Based on my experience with applications this cycle, I have a feeling that after the next round of acceptances/rejections are sent out, I'll either get a rejection email or an invitation to interview based on competition (obviously). I haven't been rejected yet, so by my logic (and completion of my secondary earlier than some rejections reported on here) that means they either haven't reviewed my application at all, or they have, and placed me into the "next-round/maybe" pile.

Wondering if I should reach out to their admissions department for a casual and friendly "what's up?"? Maybe its a mild case of nerves, but I can't help but wonder if something fell through the cracks - this forum is riddled with such stories from nearly every school. Before anybody asks: nothing in my spam/email except UND acknowledging they received my secondary in September.

Last edited:
Completed secondary 9/22, no word from them since. OOS, but I have two immediate family members (Dad/Aunt) that work at this school in two different, but ultimately unrelated [to medicine] departments. If anyone is interested: 3.7 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA, and 507 MCAT. 100 hours of primary care shadowing. Middle of the road clinical and community volunteering experience/hours. Minimal research experience/hours. In a nearby state which falls in WICHE

So from what's been said on here already, am I to understand they will be completely done interviewing in January?

I think its odd I haven't received a rejection at this point if that's the case or any other word i.e. "we're reviewing your application" sort of thing like most of the other schools I've applied with as we approach 2021..
I've already been accepted at two other schools, paid a hefty deposit at one of them, but this school appeals to me in other ways that cannot be overlooked so I'm still holding a torch. ..
Based on my experience with applications this cycle, I have a feeling that after the next round of acceptances/rejections are sent out, I'll either get a rejection email or an invitation to interview based on competition (obviously). I haven't been rejected yet, so by my logic (and completion of my secondary earlier than some rejections reported on here) that means they either haven't reviewed my application at all, or they have, and placed me into the "next-round/maybe" pile.

Wondering if I should reach out to their admissions department for a casual and friendly "what's up?"? Maybe its a mild case of nerves, but I can't help but wonder if something fell through the cracks - this forum is riddled with such stories from nearly every school. Before anybody asks: nothing in my spam/email except UND acknowledging they received my secondary in September.
You could probably call and ask if they received your secondary because they do send complete emails. However, I wouldn’t ask directly about if/when you’d receive an interview invitation.

You could probably call and ask if they received your secondary because they do send complete emails. However, I wouldn’t ask directly about if/when you’d receive an interview invitation.
Thank you for the reply. You may have misunderstood me. As I said, I DID get an email from UND stating they received my completed secondary on 09/22 and all necessary info was completed. Nothing since. I was just saying, perhaps in a long-winded way, I'm surprised they haven't emailed me with a rejection or even just a "we are now reviewing your application" email (if they do in fact have all their seats filled by january?) which I've received from nearly 85% of the other 12-16 schools I've applied to this cycle. Maybe I just need to be more patient.

Question for all: did UND send you an email stating they were in the process of reviewing your application before they rejected or invited you to interview? Most schools this seems standard practice.

Last edited:

What makes UND appealing to you, just wondering. Are you from ND?

Question for all: did UND send you an email stating they were in the process of reviewing your application before they rejected or invited you to interview? Most schools this seems standard practice.
I did not get an email saying they were in the process of reviewing my app. Just the complete email and then the II

Rejection pre-II today. Glad I didn’t depend on this school. Outta the cold. Goodluck ya’ll.

Rejection this morning as well. Looks like I was closer than I thought to hearing back from them:rofl:
Good luck to everybody for the remainder of the cycle.

• Care
OOS (WICHE) applicant received II on 12/24, lol which I didn't bring my laptop home since I expected all school were on winter break and no news would come out, but got my interview scheduled for 1/9!!!

Just received my acceptance email!!!! Beyond happy right now!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Acceptance email @16:00 today :) Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Accepted yesterday! Lovely way to end this year. Good luck to you all.

Congrats everyone! Did any of you interview in December?

Has anyone who was accepted this past Tuesday received the second email to accept or decline the admissions offer yet?

Gotcha. I interviewed on 12/11 and as an OOS applicant (MN resident, interest in rural medicine) I don't know what to expect. 😬
I am also still waiting for a decision so we are in the same boat lmao. OOS too but interviewed in Nov.

Finished my interview this morning - such a great experience! I know this is hard to hear, but don't stress! Everyone was so kind. I genuinely felt like they just wanted to get to know me. Best of luck to all! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, just had my interview last week excited to hopefully hear back. I just wanted to check if I had all my prerequisites in as spring semester is approaching but could not find it in their website. Can anyone post a link, or copy paste the courses required.

Thanks

Hey guys, just had my interview last week excited to hopefully hear back. I just wanted to check if I had all my prerequisites in as spring semester is approaching but could not find it in their website. Can anyone post a link, or copy paste the courses required.

Thanks
I'm pretty sure there are no actual prereqs

Do post-interview rejections go out the same time as acceptances and WL? Thanks!

Do post-interview rejections go out the same time as acceptances and WL? Thanks!
Some people already got accepted, but for the rest of us still waiting yeah I think they all come out at the same time by the end of the month. At least that's what I understood from the website