2020-2021 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I assume given how competitive Cornell is, all that are on WL here have admit(s) elsewhere. Maybe time to take solace in that. It will ease some pain while waiting for some better news.
Jokes on you I have no As right now. Oop

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Since they’re a week or so behind maybe we can expect waitlist motion to extend until early June

Reactions: 1 user
If the class happened to get full with people who actually commit to enroll do we think cornell would let us know? In other words, if there is basically 0 chance of waitlist movement at a certain point do you think they would tell us?

If not, is this worth asking admissions?

I think it also might have to do with the fact that Cornell doesn’t do merit aid (correct me if I’m wrong) and only need-based.
So a handful of accepted applicants may get offers from other T20’s that have lower COA’s.
This is correct. Also, they don’t consider matching aid from competitive schools for accepted students.

If the class happened to get full with people who actually commit to enroll do we think cornell would let us know? In other words, if there is basically 0 chance of waitlist movement at a certain point do you think they would tell us?

Hmm this is a good question. Is it bad to email admissions and ask? I don't mind emailing, just don't want to come off as annoying to them lol

edit: based on last year, no such communications went out. however, people called in June and they were able to let applicants know that the class was full.

Last edited:

Hmm this is a good question. Is it bad to email admissions and ask? I don't mind emailing, just don't want to come off as annoying to them lol

edit: based on last year, no such communications went out. however, people called in June and they were able to let applicants know that the class was full.
I would think that it is basic courtesy that schools notify people when they are full. Could one of you please email and confirm?

Members don't see this ad :)

Just to clarify, would you email then? Or should we just individually call sometime to June to figure it out

Seeing the number of people in the FB group go up but it doesn't include me
pain.png

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
does any brave soul want to email admissions to ask if their class is full or call tomorrow?
A class isn’t full until CTE. Even if they have all necessary quantity PTEs, what’s to say one doesn’t get off and accept a WL offer elsewhere, opening a spot?

Last edited:
does any brave soul want to email admissions to ask if their class is full or call tomorrow?
emailed admissions and they told me the class hasn't been finalised yet and that there could be WL movement up until the CTE deadline

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Is the groupme and fb group especially not active this year or is this normal? In other school's groups I just felt as if they were much more social with more going on.

Is the groupme and fb group especially not active this year or is this normal? In other school's groups I just felt as if they were much more social with more going on.
Yeah it’s really been so quiet except the occasional question...

So at this point the only spots that’ll open up will be from accepted students who get in off the waitlist somewhere else and decide to go there instead of Cornell?

So at this point the only spots that’ll open up will be from accepted students who get in off the waitlist somewhere else and decide to go there instead of Cornell?
That's usually the case after the first 1-2 waves of WL acceptances post-PTE.

Are there any current students who have full fin aid? Could you say a bit about your experience with budgeting the funds esp with the cost of living in nyc?

Are there any current students who have full fin aid? Could you say a bit about your experience with budgeting the funds esp with the cost of living in nyc?
You can look at Cornell’s total cost of attendance page for the breakdown of costs that will be covered by the aid if given full COA.

Someone in the chat yesterday said they “just” got off the waitlist so…. There could be a few spots that open
Just got off the waitlist at another school or Got off the waitlist at Cornell??

It is just so disappointing how little was the waitlist movement this cycle.

Night Friday GIF
With one day to go until Cornell’s CTE, this felt appropriate

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything about if the class is now full since CTE is today? I called and left a voicemail but no one has called me back :(

"Thanks for your continued interest. The class is not finalized at this time."

And I have a CTE at my A school tonight!!!

Is it over? The only open spots at this point would be from the smallest chance that someone drops their place before the first day of class right?

Unless they’re just taking a really long time to decide who to give open spots to from those who didn’t commit. What do people think?

Is it over? The only open spots at this point would be from the smallest chance that someone drops their place before the first day of class right?

Unless they’re just taking a really long time to decide who to give open spots to from those who didn’t commit. What do people think?
If it helps at all, someone who joined the group chat said they were just taken off the waitlist a few days ago (after CTE) so…. You never really know

If it helps at all, someone who joined the group chat said they were just taken off the waitlist a few days ago (after CTE) so…. You never really know
thank you for updating us about the group chat much appreciated and still holding out hope while i reapply 😭