2020-2021 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lots of people joined the groupme yesterday, like 8
wondering if those were all WL -> A ppl

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Positive speculation will be that because they don't rank, they are going through each candidate and releasing As on an ongoing basis

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how many people are usually on the waitlist each year?
I don't think this was shown on MSAR. And even if it did, this year, WCMC is doing everything very differently than previous years.

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like everyone thinks there's been a first wave but from what I can tell there's only been one acceptance post and the activity seems far less on this page and the Groupme compared to previous years

Reactions: 2 users
Positive speculation will be that because they don't rank, they are going through each candidate and releasing As on an ongoing basis
Where did you hear that they don't rank? Speaking to my interviewer this cycle it was told to me that its the opposite, and that each student is indeed ranked after the interview. My interviewer was also pretty high up the ranks (no pun intended) so i think I trust their perspective, but im curious to hear your pov

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you hear that they don't rank? Speaking to my interviewer this cycle it was told to me that its the opposite, and that each student is indeed ranked after the interview. My interviewer was also pretty high up the ranks (no pun intended) so i think I trust their perspective, but im curious to hear your pov
They said they don’t rank in the waitlist offer email.

And the waitlist update email sent on monday

Well, officially, this is what they wrote: "Our waitlist is not ranked and action is not required from you at this time unless you would like to be removed from the waitlist.". From other waitlist threads, I have read that official ranking gets their process complicated, so they officially say unranked, but internally have ranked. I have also wondered how they can possibly go through all WL candidates every time a position opens up. Anyways, no point speculating or discussing this. At this time, our lives are in their hands! Good luck to all.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Youcan Do It Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Received the A from the WL at 2:17 PST!! Interviewed in Jan ! Did not send letters of intents or updates. Excited to attend my top choice!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Accepted off the waitlist at 5:17 EST today, as well! Interviewed in December and sent 1 update letter/letter of interest hybrid about a week after receiving the initial waitlist decision in March.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Anyone on the WL get an email from the accounting office saying to provide information to finalize a financial aid offer?

Didn't get one. Did you both submit the CSS Profile?

Ok but is them wanting to finalize offer letters indicative of them being done sending out As?

sooo did anyone who is on the WL (& submitted the CSS profile) not get the email ?

So I had emailed the accounting office and they emailed me this:

"You can disregard this communication. My apologies for the confusion. The admissions office will be in touch with you accordingly."

Not sure what that last bit about admissions being in touch means.

Ok but is them wanting to finalize offer letters indicative of them being done sending out As?
I don’t think so?...while it is an odd year for many reasons, new offer letters to WL can continue to go out until end of June/July I think

I only filled out FAFSA by the way. Is it recommended to fill out CSS too even if we're on the WL?

I did not submit CSS, so have no reason to have received an email from accounting, yet still feel deflated that I did not receive a recalled email from accounting. 🙏a big wave is coming 🏄‍♂️

I did not submit CSS, so have no reason to have received an email from accounting, yet still feel deflated that I did not receive a recalled email from accounting. 🙏a big wave is coming 🏄‍♂️

ahhh this is so stressful 😭 I also did not get this email and did not submit a css profile

I submitted CSS and did not get the email :/

Reactions: 1 users
i’m frantically filling out the CSS in hopes that it demonstrates ~continued interest~

Reactions: 1 users
i’m frantically filling out the CSS in hopes that it demonstrates ~continued interest~
I’m liking all recent posts to demonstrate continued interest 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Another day of pain…I mean waiting*
I assume given how competitive Cornell is, all that are on WL here have admit(s) elsewhere. Maybe time to take solace in that. It will ease some pain while waiting for some better news.