2020 Naplex (post test taker), recommendations etc...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD1010

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took my Naplex yesterday and the topics covered were very random. Had about 30-40 calculation questions and about 8 biostats. Had around 10 compounding questions and maybe 2 from the rxprep chapters actually helped otherwise studying compounding using rxprep was useless. For calculations all I had were a lot of flow rates, alligation (10 of them), and rest were percentage strength, Q1C1=Q2C2, and very little tpn calculations. One calc on IBW but that was it for CrCl. My recommendation if you have rxprep is study mainly chapters 2,4 and alittle bit of rxprep calculations 3 (tpn). No need to study calculations 5 as my questions were near identical to calculations 2,4. Felt as thought the questions were straightforward and if you did well in school and rotations all you would need to do is study calculations and biostats and you would pass with triple digits. For biostats calculations was straight forward with ARR, NNT, RRR but interpretations rxprep didn’t do a good job. Random topics included HTN, stroke dosing, diabetes, BPH, Anticoag, Hypo/hyperthyroidism, HIV (brand genetics), ID 2,4, oncology (antidotes), dietary supplements, antidote chapter. Still waiting on my score and will keep anyone interested posted.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I took mine on Saturday and I learned that I passed today! So that was a quick 3-day turnaround, so chances are, you might already have your score or you will have it by tomorrow. I agree, there was some straightforward stuff on the exam, but the topics were also random. I am sure you did better than you thought, good luck!

I took mine on Saturday and I learned that I passed today! So that was a quick 3-day turnaround, so chances are, you might already have your score or you will have it by tomorrow. I agree, there was some straightforward stuff on the exam, but the topics were also random. I am sure you did better than you thought, good luck!
Ya i took mine on Saturday as well it was a quick turn around time I passed as well! Congrats!