You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I'll join this train! 3.69 cGPa/3.71 sGPA (not super low, but not stellar for current standards) with 523 MCAT, 0 pubs, good clinical/volunteering and strong upward trend of 3.9 for last 80 credits. Sent out 42 primaries, I can't imagine doing 60.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
fam this thread isnt for you lolI'll join this train! 3.69 cGPa/3.71 sGPA (not super low, but not stellar for current standards) with 523 MCAT, 0 pubs, good clinical/volunteering and strong upward trend of 3.9 for last 80 credits. Sent out 42 primaries, I can't imagine doing 60.
slightly non-trad: 3.1cGPA undergrad 3.4sGPA and 3.6 Masters GPA with a 516 MCAT
no interviews last cycle
no interviews last cycle
30-something non-trad. 3.4 cgpa/3.36 sgpa with a strong upward trend (>3.9 for the last 60+ hours). 521 MCAT. I have a masters but it's not a science masters so I don't think it counts for much (allied health, 3.85 gpa).
3 years full time clinical employment as an allied health provider.
I haven't submitted my application yet and I'm irrationally anxious that it's getting too late 😬
3 years full time clinical employment as an allied health provider.
I haven't submitted my application yet and I'm irrationally anxious that it's getting too late 😬
Last edited:
3.49 CGPA, 3.38 SGPA, 522 mcat here, also URM-Hispanic. Good luck out there, sent out 22 primaries because I'm in Texas and mostly applied TMDSAS. Thankfully the TMDSAS calculation (no - or +) bumped me to 3.55 CGPA and 3.47 SGPA. I have a real strong upward trend (3.9 my senior year) though so I'm hopeful they can look past my 1st semester freshman year where I got a 2.8.
All my fellow low GPA and high MCAT friends lets kill it this cycle. I went to a T25 undergrad but I'm sure anyone can relate to the fact that school is hard man, I'm genuinely proud of graduating with a 3.5 considering how tough weeder courses were. I know Adcoms won't see it that way but I put 20x more blood, sweat, and tears into that 3.5 than scoring a 522 on the MCAT (not saying that was easy either). To people who were able to get through undergrad with 3.8+'s I just gotta give 'em props cause I don't think I could've ever done that without going insane. Good luck to all of you test-taking beasts this cycle.
Good luck man, also have a strong upward trend over here. I’m really hoping our mcats give us a chance, I thought my gpa was lethal. I feel you on the gpa being harder than the MCAT. I ended up taking really hard classes near the end of undergrad to prove to adcoms I can handle it, it took blood sweat and tears for those As. We should definitely be grateful for the MCAT tho.
I hope you get into your dream schools bro.
3.1s 3.4c 520 MCAT checking in here as well. I'm ORM and in Cali. Kinda upwards trend, not really. Had some family issues in the past couple of years and personal stuff and my GPA dropped. Applied to 35 schools, nothing outta the blue. Open to DO schools as well. Submitted my app on June 17th and still not verified smh, but prewrote all secondaries! I know we can all do it! lets get it!
2.78 and 521.
Pffft no sub 3 GPAs here? Y'all ain't low...
Pffft no sub 3 GPAs here? Y'all ain't low...
3.48 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA for undergrad. 3.93 sGPA/cGPA for Masters/PhD, 516 MCAT. ORM South Asian. No upward trend in my undergrad GPA (seesawed between good one semester and bad the other) due to a terrible research lab situation. Currently finishing up my doctorate this year and have applied to 52 schools
tovarishch
Full Member
3.61 cGPA and 3.79 sGPA with an upward trend during a postbac. MCAT: 519.
Clinical experience is kinda weak, 250 hours but low quality.
Clinical experience is kinda weak, 250 hours but low quality.
This isn’t a low GPA sir.3.61 cGPA and 3.79 sGPA with an upward trend during a postbac. MCAT: 519.
Clinical experience is kinda weak, 250 hours but low quality.
~3.1 usGPA / ~3.2 ucGPA (trend: ok->bad->worse->good) / 4.0 postbacc (33.3 semester units) / 523 (132/129/132/130) one & done during postbacc. Probably 47 schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pretty much on the money my stats last year. Wishing you the best of luck and feel free to reach out if you need it.3.4 cGPA/3.2 sGPA. No post bacc, no nothing. 518 MCAT (hope that counts as high?). Latino hoping to start next year!
Hmmm masters in physiology and biophysics? Sounds an awful lot like an SMP I did…can us low gpa, mid mcats join lmfao
3.5 cGPA and 3.18 sGPA in my undergrad career with an upward trend (like 2.9 to 3.8). Finishing up my masters in physiology and biophysics with a 3.91 grad GPA, and a 511 MCAT
Hmmm masters in physiology and biophysics? Sounds an awful lot like an SMP I did…
I wish it were a true SMP but it wasn't packaged that way to the students
Trust the process?Hmmm masters in physiology and biophysics? Sounds an awful lot like an SMP I did…
You're conjuring up some demonsTrust the process?
The process is taking longer than I was lead to believe..
bacon_n_backsquats
Full Member
2.88 cGPA 2.91 sGPA 3.67 gradGPA 521 MCAT
4 years Army officer
2 years physical therapist
4 years Army officer
2 years physical therapist
Now we’re talkin2.88 cGPA 2.91 sGPA 3.67 gradGPA 521 MCAT
4 years Army officer
2 years physical therapist
bacon_n_backsquats
Full Member
Anyone here getting any love?
1 MD II so far!Anyone here getting any love?
Completed 2 DO interviews. An MD II sounds cool though!
lonestarapplicant
Full Member
4 MD II's so far! All in-state as a TX applicant where I’m hoping to stay. Stats posted earlier in this thread.
D
deleted1106377
I just saw this thread but I'll comment to see if it helps anyone out. I have a 3.57 cGPA 3.39 sGPA (TMDSAS calculations) and 516 MCAT. I have had 2 MD IIs and 1 DO II already! I am also a reapplicant so very grateful so far.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Y’all are amazing and congrats on the interviews! I’m here with a 3.2 and 3.0 cgpa and sgpa and 511 mcat, and pushing myself to complete secondaries. Sigh.
You got this!Y’all are amazing and congrats on the interviews! I’m here with a 3.2 and 3.0 cgpa and sgpa and 511 mcat, and pushing myself to complete secondaries. Sigh.
3.1 cgpa, 3.0 sgpa, 516 orm checking in. Let's get this bread
D
deleted1106377
Let’s do it! Good luck this cycle3.1 cgpa, 3.0 sgpa, 516 orm checking in. Let's get this bread
🤝3.1 cgpa, 3.0 sgpa, 516 orm checking in. Let's get this bread
bacon_n_backsquats
Full Member
I am happy to report back that I finally got some interview love. Proof that Sub 3.0 is not a death sentence 😊
radagastroenterology
New Member
Some of you have a great GPA and think that you have to be valedictorian to get in.
Some schools have an average GPA of 3.4.
Some schools have an average GPA of 3.4.
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted1106377
I’m sorry but what schools? I think there might be literally only 1 or 2 schools with a 3.4 and that’s it.Some of you have a great GPA and think that you have to be valedictorian to get in.
Some schools have an average GPA of 3.4.
I do agree that you don’t need a great GPA, but that’s kind of the whole point of this so that we can lift each other up and give others reassurance.
Not as yet dude. I've not heard anything back from most schools since completing my secondaries in mid-July. So far I've just gotten 1 R and 1 II waitlistyoo what up y'all, any of you getting no love from your state schools? second cycle for me and i've gotten interviews at a handful of reaches but nothing from my eight IS schools (FL)... i'm guessing it has to be my low gpa
+1 and also haven't heard from any FL schools
that's true, it's still pretty early in the cycleNot as yet dude. I've not heard anything back from most schools since completing my secondaries in mid-July. So far I've just gotten 1 R and 1 II waitlist
fingers crossed we hear something soon, idk what they could possibly want from me (other than a higher gpa i guess LOL)+1 and also haven't heard from any FL schools
Yeah that's something I've been constantly reminding myselfthat's true, it's still pretty early in the cycle
Hopefully! All it takes is one 🙂fingers crossed we hear something soon, idk what they could possibly want from me (other than a higher gpa i guess LOL)
Accepted early decision today!30-something non-trad. 3.4 cgpa/3.36 sgpa with a strong upward trend (>3.9 for the last 60+ hours). 521 MCAT. I have a masters but it's not a science masters so I don't think it counts for much (allied health, 3.85 gpa).
3 years full time clinical employment as an allied health provider.
I haven't submitted my application yet and I'm irrationally anxious that it's getting too late 😬
Last edited:
~3.0sgpa ORM with a mcat in the teens with an MD interview there is hope for all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1106377
LET'S GOOOOOO!!Accepted early decision today!
We're all gonna make it
D
deleted833891
Just discovered this thread ! Hi everyone ! 3.1 GPA, 516 MCAT with 4 MD interviews completed so far… anxious about October 15
So encouraging that this thread exists. 3.31 sGPA, 3.36 cGPA, 523 MCAT, 2 interviews at in-state MDs, and a pre-secondary rejection from my undergrad. Let's get this bread.
Editing to contribute more than just a hype post. This may be obvious to many of you (it certainly wasn't for me), but consider some possible interview answers/explanations for both your low GPA and high MCAT. I got lightly grilled about both in my interviews and it was nice to have a bit of a pre-prepared schpeel for how I went from <10th percentile GPA to >90th percentile MCAT. Your mileage may vary, but I've read that it's best not to make any excuses for the GPA unless you have an extremely legitimate one, I just owned it and explained how I grew from the experience.
Editing to contribute more than just a hype post. This may be obvious to many of you (it certainly wasn't for me), but consider some possible interview answers/explanations for both your low GPA and high MCAT. I got lightly grilled about both in my interviews and it was nice to have a bit of a pre-prepared schpeel for how I went from <10th percentile GPA to >90th percentile MCAT. Your mileage may vary, but I've read that it's best not to make any excuses for the GPA unless you have an extremely legitimate one, I just owned it and explained how I grew from the experience.
Last edited:
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 886