2022-2023 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm just waiting for my pre-II R at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Just here for the drama since I still have no IIs to prep for :)

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live
I love this and I am with you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I also just sent thank yous but no update letter!
okay, thanks! I guess I'm gonna send one too. I couldn't make out the vibe of how they feel about them. Do you think it even makes a difference in your opinion?

okay, thanks! I guess I'm gonna send one too. I couldn't make out the vibe of how they feel about them. Do you think it even makes a difference in your opinion?
I wish I knew! I have no idea if they make a difference after the interview, but I doubt it would hurt your chances.

Reactions: 1 users
did you interview already? not sure if it's the same across all interviews but for me they said they would let us know the decisions exactly 2.5 weeks afterwards, and they did!

did you interview already? not sure if it's the same across all interviews but for me they said they would let us know the decisions exactly 2.5 weeks afterwards, and they did!
Oh, I was talking about the thank you letter! But yes, I did interview already

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview invite. Submitted and complete 8/14.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Interview invite. Complete 9/5. 2 dates left in January and for the first week of February :)

Complete early August...good or bad sign if I have heard nothing at this point?
I’m the same boat as you. If II dates are already stretching into Feb, I’m assuming it’s a bad sign cuz Rush likely won’t interview into March.

I’m the same boat as you. If II dates are already stretching into Feb, I’m assuming it’s a bad sign cuz Rush likely won’t interview into March.

Yo! Happy Friday! I wouldn't lose hope - they said in their FAQ that interviews would go until late February. Copy and pasta to soothe you:

"How many applicants do you Interview? When do you interview candidates? What type of interview should I prepare for?
RMC will interview approximately 450 applicants this year. We will begin extending interview invitations in August with virtual interviews commencing in September through late February. Detailed information will be provided to applicants offered an interview."

Anyone have any experience rescheduling? Covid has finally entered our home and not sure how I’ll feel Wednesday.

Anyone have any experience rescheduling? Covid has finally entered our home and not sure how I’ll feel Wednesday.
Sorry to hear about you catching COVID. Hopefully you get better soon but I do have experience as I was stuck in Mexico longer than anticipated and had to reschedule. Just reply to the initial interview email and they’re pretty prompt and helpful with rescheduling.

Last edited:
Silence as well complete early/mid July. Really hoping for another II wave soon 🥹

Reactions: 4 users
im trying to see if there is a pattern with the pre-II Rs like completion date but it seems to be all over the place. Waiting is awful🙃

im trying to see if there is a pattern with the pre-II Rs like completion date but it seems to be all over the place. Waiting is awful

My close friend who was completed in august was rejected last week so I think it’s just random.

withdrew my II from here recently, i hope it goes to one of you amazing people!

Reactions: 15 users
Just received a II today! Complete 8/20

edit: OOS from CA

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats!, do you mind sharing when you were complete?
Thank you!! Complete 7/23 and I got the email "update on your app status" in late october. i also sent an update letter! if you want any other details, i can answer in dm :)

• Care
Woke up to an A!! II 1/4/23, OOS. Such a great school! Does anyone know if the $100 deposit is refundable?

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
waitlist this morning 😔 (OOS), does anyone know if they pull students off the waitlist often? I know the AAMC guidelines says it varies year to year, but this was definitely my top choice so just pretty bummed

• Care
waitlist this morning 😔 (OOS), does anyone know if they pull students off the waitlist often? I know the AAMC guidelines says it varies year to year, but this was definitely my top choice so just pretty bummed
My friend last year got in off the waitlist so there is still hope!

Looking at last years thread they pulled some people early March until early May. Makes sense if they still have interview sessions and they do extend As from those sessions that they hold some As back. Once interviews are done, any unused As go to the WL individuals. Then when people have to commit to enroll more seats open. This is just all conjecture though.

I did like that they explained the choose your medical school tool so they’re trying to be proactive and preparing people for the big game of musical chairs that happens at every med school.

Any current students receive a decent amount of merit scholarship money from Rush?

Pre-II R just now - OOS, complete end of August

Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R, OOS, stats in signature. Complete late July.

Ngl, this one kind of hurt - was heavily encouraged to apply here and SLU due to extensive volunteerism.

• Care
Pre-II R yesterday as well, OOS and complete mid-July.

• Care
They’re playing too much. Just gimme my R already so I can stop hoping.

Reactions: 12 users
Pre-II R yesterday, complete mid-July. Best of luck to those still in the running!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
What time do they normally send A’s on decision days??

A via email @ 8 AM PST! Interviewed 1/11. Super grateful 😭

• Love
Reactions: 8 users